PDA

View Full Version : How do you gauge the price of used NSX parts?

Sudesh
01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Just wondering how you guys gauge what's a fair price for used NSX parts? I know the easy way is to get new value and weight it up against the used item, but to me this doesn't always work well.

I would have said at one time, if it's less than half the value of new, then it's not a bad price, but if you looks at items like the instrument cluster [roughly £2600] or radio [£5000] then the used item would still be mega bucks!

Then other things like the centre arm rest setup I have at £250 which I think is cheap! As new its over £2000, gets minimal interest. I looked at bits Ary has forsale, and again reasonably priced!

Is there just no way to gauge this?

TheSebringOne
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Sudesh, I think its a case of of supply & demand. With our cars being quite rare these days, then demand may not be as high
as other more common models. Even if the value of good quality second parts is alot cheaper than new.

NSXGB
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
It's a trade off with some parts that rarely need replacing like your arm rest assembly, if someone needed one it would be a great price but if someone just wanted it for the "just in case" or "I'd like the newer armrest" the price would have to be keen. New service parts could fetch maybe 75% of the new price as there is more demand. If you are happy to sit it out and wait for the £250, you may sell it one day but if you just want to clear it out you'd have to offer it for a silly cheap price...IMHO.

AR
02-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Is just a case of who needs what when and how well you know the seller or buyer.

FWIW I have a like new NSX-R upholstery brush.

How much is it worth?

To an NSX-R owner probably enough, or to a collector, to the untrained it looks like a bootbrush!

Papalazarou
02-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I guess the insanity of the NSX list price makes even keenly priced items look expensive, even though they may represent a great saving on franchise pricing. I have a set of facelift wheels which are lost somewhere in the classified.
I'll probably get them refurbed and re-advertise as they're lost in the abyss of the NSXCB classified section. I'm in no hurry to sell, so I'll wait for a good price. As a club we must have lots of bits and pieces lying around that we don't desperately need to move on.
I think there's also a 'hot list' of parts for which people are willing to pay a little more. However, I think that many people are unwilling to buy from scrapyards who seem to have a perceived mercenary attitude to second had parts value and certainly a blinkered view of condition.
On a slightly different note, some parts are tough to import because of size/weight/quality, and taking a risk on condition.

It's not just parts prices though. These cars have always been tough to attach a value to. I'm putting mine up for sale in the next week and I'm justifying the price on the fact that I've only seen three facelift manuals advertised in the last 15 months. You'd be pushed to find another one in a hurry, or in anywhere near the same condition, and everything else of the same age and money don't even get close in satisfying the 'intellegent' car enthusiasts vital criteria.

Cheers,

James.

AR
02-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Simon I tried to PM but your inbox is full.

nobby
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
YOU are selling James? :eek:

btw PM me a price on your facelift wheels

I guess the insanity of the NSX list price makes even keenly priced items look expensive, even though they may represent a great saving on franchise pricing. I have a set of facelift wheels which are lost somewhere in the classified.
I'll probably get them refurbed and re-advertise as they're lost in the abyss of the NSXCB classified section. I'm in no hurry to sell, so I'll wait for a good price. As a club we must have lots of bits and pieces lying around that we don't desperately need to move on.
I think there's also a 'hot list' of parts for which people are willing to pay a little more. However, I think that many people are unwilling to buy from scrapyards who seem to have a perceived mercenary attitude to second had parts value and certainly a blinkered view of condition.
On a slightly different note, some parts are tough to import because of size/weight/quality, and taking a risk on condition.

It's not just parts prices though. These cars have always been tough to attach a value to. I'm putting mine up for sale in the next week and I'm justifying the price on the fact that I've only seen three facelift manuals advertised in the last 15 months. You'd be pushed to find another one in a hurry, or in anywhere near the same condition, and everything else of the same age and money don't even get close in satisfying the 'intellegent' car enthusiasts vital criteria.

Cheers,

James.

NSXGB
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Simon I tried to PM but your inbox is full.
Cleared now mate.