PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if this car?

Unregistered
25-03-2012, 09:34 PM
A Charlotte Green NSX, Reg P*** APK. I sent my cousin to go view the car yesterday. Was wondering if the previous owner is on the forum and could shed some light on this car?

NSXGB
26-03-2012, 06:32 AM
I believe you may be referring to the one on autotrader at the moment? Possible this car: http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9897-Haircut

Unregistered
26-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Interesting. However my I am asking is the previous owner of the car a member or is the car known to any other members? I think the ad may have been a typo - I think the paperwork was in order. I'll get my cousin to post his comments - his is a member on the forum

Hagasan
26-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Does it seem odd that not only on Autotrader but the dealer website too, there haven't been any pictures placed yet? I know it's only pictures and you need to actually and look at a car but nowadays it's so easy to load them?

Unregistered
26-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Perhaps. Anyhow I would like to know the previous owner is on here so I can have some of my questions answered. Please can you keep clocking and lack of pictures talk to the other thread.

ADASDIDAS
26-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Given that the previous owner has not replied to the 'Haircut' thread I would say it would be quicker to get the previous owner's details from the V5.

Hagasan
26-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Certainly Mr "guest" we forum members will say or not say just what you want us too!! ...take us to your leader......:laugh:

Perhaps. Anyhow I would like to know the previous owner is on here so I can have some of my questions answered. Please can you keep clocking and lack of pictures talk to the other thread.

havoc
26-03-2012, 08:43 PM
LoL.

And there was me thinking I'd been a little harsh with the way I phrased stuff to the other 'guest' last week...clearly I was just prescient! ;)

Hagasan
26-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Perhaps the edited and inserted smiley makes all the difference?!?

Somehow sarcasm doesn't easily translate when in a hurry....

LoL.

And there was me thinking I'd been a little harsh with the way I phrased stuff to the other 'guest' last week...clearly I was just prescient! ;)

Unregistered
28-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Given that the previous owner has not replied to the 'Haircut' thread I would say it would be quicker to get the previous owner's details from the V5.

Maybe the owner stopped coming on to the forum (if he did at all in the 1st place) after selling his NSX?

havoc
28-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Perhaps the edited and inserted smiley makes all the difference?!?

Somehow sarcasm doesn't easily translate when in a hurry....

Sorry chap, you've misunderstood me - that wasn't aimed at you at all, more at the 'expectations' of our new friend...I thought you were very restrained! ;)

Hagasan
28-03-2012, 08:55 PM
No it's OK I didn't take it that it was. I was just jokily making a restrospective remark post edit if that makes sense?

Sorry chap, you've misunderstood me - that wasn't aimed at you at all, more at the 'expectations' of our new friend...I thought you were very restrained! ;)

havoc
30-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Where's the "whoosh parrot" gone when you need one?!?

Looks like our 'guest' has let himself out in the meantime...

forzaminardi
31-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Hmmn. Well, banter aside, does anyone know anything about this car? I too am interested, but find it a bit odd that one dealer has three NSXs available including one clearly slightly shagged V-car'd manual in red.

Any comments from experienced NSX owners would be welcome. I note, for example, there is no mention of service history.

Apologies, reading the other "Haircut" thread - for some reason I didn't open it! - it seems clear this NSX is a bit fishy.

NSXGB
31-03-2012, 12:10 PM
There does not seem to be any previous owners on the site. Best course of action would still be to contact the previous owner...

Hmmn. Well, banter aside, does anyone know anything about this car? I too am interested, but find it a bit odd that one dealer has three NSXs available including one clearly slightly shagged V-car'd manual in red.

Any comments from experienced NSX owners would be welcome. I note, for example, there is no mention of service history.

Unregistered
02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Is this what you sad people do all your life's, just sit on the forum and talk about other peoples cars, get a life and do something better, the green nsx is genuine, so dont talk crap. you should be happy that this dealer has NOT 3 but now 4 nsx's!

Sudesh
02-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Is this what you sad people do all your life's, just sit on the forum and talk about other peoples cars, get a life and do something better, the green nsx is genuine, so dont talk crap. you should be happy that this dealer has NOT 3 but now 4 nsx's!

Going by your reply, it would possibly seem that your the dealer in question?

This is an NSX forum, and the well established members here, help new owners and old owners on a daily basis on various issues. If new prospective owners see something advertised, but need some advise before they spend there hard earned money on a car that may have suspect history, faults, damage and so forth, then we try our best to give the right advise.

After all, if you were a private individual and about to spend your hard earned money on what potentially may be your dream car, would you not ask questions on an enthusiasts site first? And being the rare exotic that it is, very few slip past this club without someone knowing it.

Take care, and if you need any further help let us know!

Hagasan
02-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Well you were sad enough to visit too so welcome saddo.... why should we be happy he has four NSX's? Lots of us have maybe one or occasionally two NSX's but on a whole genuine mileage and not written off...

I wanted to be nice but wasn't sure the post warranted a polite reply since it's tone was rather rude...

NSXGB
03-04-2012, 06:46 AM
The real saddos do it anonymously.

m666 edd
03-04-2012, 10:10 AM
I must say I'd rather buy an NSX from an enthusiast rather than a dealer and that includes Honda. Someone that actually knows about the car.

havoc
03-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Methinks the chap doth protest too much...feels like a dealer trying to defend a dodgy car rather than one trying to defend a straight car...otherwise why the anonymity and attempt to deceive earlier on?!?

nobby
03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
RAFLMO!!!

you must be a lovely chap to deal with. enjoy your 4 NSX's with attitude like that you will have them for awhile on your forecourt ... if you have one!

and being sad is not registering and then giving off on an NSX forum that will discuss these rare cars when on sale.

potential buyers BEWARE imho

:no:

PS as the old saying goes "the truth hurts"

Nick Graves
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Methinks the chap doth protest too much...feels like a dealer trying to defend a dodgy car rather than one trying to defend a straight car...otherwise why the anonymity and attempt to deceive earlier on?!?

Almost an admission of guilt, that little outburst!

One for Trading Standards?

scottg
04-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I met the dealer today as I bought the Imola targa he had for sale and he was straight forward to deal with. I think it is a partnership but I dealt with Jamie.

Problem Child
04-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome to teh NSX owners club. When will we see her in the flesh? Can you bring her to Japfest?

scottg
05-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Welcome to teh NSX owners club. When will we see her in the flesh? Can you bring her to Japfest?

Hi Geoff,

I will come to Japfest, I work every other Saturday but have swapped days to ensure I am there and organising tickets.

Kind Regards

Scott

dickyf
05-04-2012, 10:37 AM
this forum is really informative, I would hate to see it go the way of every other 'porsche for sale' thread on PH.

Papalazarou
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
this forum is really informative, I would hate to see it go the way of every other 'porsche for sale' thread on PH.

We've been there on numerous occasions. It appears to be a bit of a blood sport on a lot of car forums.
Personally I think people should not comment unless they have something constructive to say which is based in fact.
Ironically what a lot of people forget is that the car may belong to a forum member or a forum member may have a car with similar colour and spec to the one being slatted off.
Unfortunately at times NSXCB has shown itself to be as bad as any forum I have frequented. Which is a shame as it can overshadow what is a really good and informative site.
However, to give balance, in the past, some of the threads have stopped potential owners making Ill advised decisions.

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
05-04-2012, 09:04 PM
..... We've been there on numerous occasions ..... Personally I think people should not comment unless they have something constructive to say which is based in fact ....... Unfortunately at times NSXCB has shown itself to be as bad as any forum I have frequented. Which is a shame as it can overshadow what is a really good and informative site.
However, to give balance, in the past, some of the threads have stopped potential owners making Ill advised decisions.

Cheers,

James.

Thanx James.

There is strong interest in the NSX and this forum following several articles in publications and on programmes such as TopGear.

Finding an NSX can be a long search for some, and this forum can prove to be a truly valuable source of help and guidance when a potential new owner commences this search.

The moderators do not want to sensor threads, but will where necessary. We would therefore like to remind and echo the above comment that if a new member looking for help asks for information, please use the PM (or email) function within the forum to communicate your personal thoughts.

The forum provides a lot of information for potential owners http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?688-Want-to-buy-an-NSX-Start-here-please

Good luck with your search, we look forward to meeting you and your NSX soon.

Thank You

jpspringall
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Thanx James.

Finding an NSX can be a long search for some, and this forum can prove to be a truly valuable source of help and guidance when a potential new owner commences this search.

Too right...It took me two years to find mine....Though i had a very specific requirement in that i've only got an Auto Licence, and for whatever reason, a half decent Auto was proving somewhat difficult to find. But now i wouldnt part with it, even if it has been sat at Honda for 2 months.

And the people on here are brilliant, even if it's just for reassurance during the 'Should I' 'Shoulddnt I' phase

All the best

James

swiftnsx
21-04-2012, 06:51 PM
hi i have a 1996 p auto pearl yellow fully detailed 25000m if anyones intrested thanks

Senninha
22-04-2012, 09:39 PM
hi i have a 1996 p auto pearl yellow fully detailed 25000m if anyones intrested thanks

Why not post up full details in the Sale forum with photos etc .... There is a lot of interest and a well presented advert would be better than a few words ... IMHO

Good luck

Legacyman
02-07-2012, 01:30 PM
I have been registered for a couple of days while seriously searching for my new baby!
where else would i go ? and why would i not register?
he is obviously a dealer trying to push a car into the limelight!!
draw your own conclusions but i bet he is wearing a balaclava with stripy jumper!