PDA

View Full Version : NSX Wanted

scottg
20-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi
I have now sold my old car and I am actively looking to buy an nsx. Ideally I would like a manual car with a good history. If you are thinking of selling please PM me and I would be delighted to hear from you.

Kind Regards

Scott

dickyf
20-03-2012, 10:33 AM
scott. if you haven't already done so put a wanted ad on pistonheads.

Senninha
20-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Hi Scott,

Good luck in your search and it may help to add a little more detail, ie early 90's car, project, or an 05 ... all of which could have good history.

Please note that I've removed the Blogg duplication of this wanted post.

regards,

Paul

scottg
25-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have noticed Pistonheads just move a wanted ad to the Honda wanted section so not sure there is any point as its so generic.
I am fairly flexible on car choice but I am looking for a manual car with decent history. I think I am likely to by a car that is early to mid nineties at my budget but you never know I could be tempted so please if you are thinking of selling contact me with details.

Kind Regards

Scott

dickyf
27-03-2012, 09:41 AM
a wanted ads on PH worked for me. i got a call within 2 days. hopefully collect car this weekend.

scottg
27-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks Dicky I will try that, enjoy your car

scottg
28-03-2012, 11:52 AM
a wanted ads on PH worked for me. i got a call within 2 days. hopefully collect car this weekend.
Well I have just posted the ad on Pistonheads so fingers crossed someone is looking to sell

Senninha
30-03-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/501/nsx/

I dont know any of these cars or have any association with the sellers ... post is purely for information for anyone who may be interested

scottg
31-03-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/501/nsx/

I dont know any of these cars or have any association with the sellers ... post is purely for information for anyone who may be interested

Thanks, i have seen these but I am hoping to find a manual car ans the one listed has been sold

PeterW
31-03-2012, 08:27 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3782513.htm
There's a manual just come up on PH. It looks to be keenly priced (too cheap :eek: ?!).
(I don't have any associations with the seller.)

Peter

scottg
01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
There's a manual just come up on PH. It looks to be keenly priced (too cheap :eek: ?!).

Peter

Thanks Peter I have spoken to the dealer about the car. It is the one that appeared briefly for an hour on Pistonheads with 145k miles and then was snapped up by the dealer re appearing on Autotrader a few days later at 95k miles. I am told it was an error by the previous owner and he listed the car in Kilometers. He has two others for sale, both red, one manual and one auto. The manual car has had allot of accident damage that has not been repaired well and I don't want a rough example, the auto looks OK but that is a compromise I am not sure about as I would ideally like a manual car. The green car is the wrong colour and with the doubt about mileage I think I would need to know more about its history but as I am about to go on holiday next week and have no fuel in my daily driver, and none available at the petrol stations near me, so I can't get there today to look unfortunately.
There is a red auto at a dealer near me in Hampshire but at 25k its more than I want to spend especially on an auto though it has very low miles and is a targa.
Can anyone here convince me it's worth buying an auto as I am tempted at another for sale at the moment?

TheSebringOne
01-04-2012, 03:33 PM
People have different opinions about manual V auto. Best advice most people would say, is try both.

Personally I have only driven manuals and this was one of the most important requirements in my search.

nobby
01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
try an auto for yourself before writing it off ... you need to experience it ... you should look at one of those autos for sale

good luck

goldnsx
02-04-2012, 03:41 AM
There is a huge difference between manual and auto in the NSX (not like todays cars with DSG and the like) if you don't own the car just for it's beauty. But I agree, try an auto and compare it to the manual and you'll see the difference and if you can get on with it. Good luck!

AR
02-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Peter

Price looks about right for the miles etc, at the end of the day people can deceive themselves into thinking that cars are worth more than they are, more so if it is your P&J. ( even the smashed battered engine flying backwars into a hedge ones LOL )

gumball
02-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Price looks about right for the miles etc, at the end of the day people can deceive themselves into thinking that cars are worth more than they are, more so if it is your P&J. ( even the smashed battered engine flying backwars into a hedge ones LOL )

If someone has their heart set on an NSX I feel they are still going to have to pay a premium for a good one, it's not like the market is flooded with them.

scottg
02-04-2012, 04:54 PM

the green one has actually done 145k, it had a speedo change earlier in its life so not sure hat its worth and how carefull you need to be with that kind of mileage?

havoc
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
The price makes more sense with that mileage than with 95k.

Engine and 'box should be sound IF looked after, dampers and bushes will be tired, everything else...depends if it's JUST been serviced or if the owners have taken a Kaz/Sudesh-like approach to ownership and started working their way through the car refreshing/refurbing.

AR
02-04-2012, 09:55 PM
If someone has their heart set on an NSX I feel they are still going to have to pay a premium for a good one, it's not like the market is flooded with them.

Well unless one hires Poirot, how can one be sure the car is a good one?

scottg
03-04-2012, 08:53 AM
I will have a look at it when back from hols mid month assuming it's still available or someone on the forum offers me a better car (fingers crossed)

gumball
03-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Well unless one hires Poirot, how can one be sure the car is a good one?

I would meditate upon the car, then quote some ancient incantations. If that fails I'd look at it. :P

Lankstarr
03-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Scott,

Given how long you were looking and the fact you are going on hols soon I'd say you got very very lucky with the car you e found. First decent one in months (at face value) and I'd say you got it at a good price. From this thread more than you wanted to spend, considerably more, but a cracking investment and you'd see your money back and some every day of the week... Whenever you want to shift.

Well done ��

L*

scottg
04-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Scott,

Given how long you were looking and the fact you are going on hols soon I'd say you got very very lucky with the car you e found. First decent one in months (at face value) and I'd say you got it at a good price. From this thread more than you wanted to spend, considerably more, but a cracking investment and you'd see your money back and some every day of the week... Whenever you want to shift.

Well done ��

L*

Thanks L, I wish my wife was quite as enthusiastic, all she could say is yuk it's orange!
I would say she has no taste but she picked me 20 years ago so I can't complain