PDA

View Full Version : Haircut.....

Unregistered
15-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Spotted this car on Pistonheads yesterday lunchtime, and noted that advert was only on for a matter of less than half an hour before being removed. It was up for £15,000 and had a mileage of 150,000, being sold by a private individual.

http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211456569508/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/nsx/make/honda/postcode/tn240lq/page/1/radius/1501?logcode=p

If the Autotrader advert is correct the car has a significant 'haircut'. I could be wrong if the car is showing in kilometres and the Pistonheads advert is incorrect.

J

havoc
15-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Worth leaving up here for potential buyers - as you say, may be just a km to miles translation (the ratio is about right, so quite possible, if it's an import), but it's worth a punter checking the history out, to be sure.

Unregistered
15-03-2012, 11:36 PM
If its the same car the mileage has defo been tampered as it was a UK CAR and was showing 140,000 Miles... Now showing 95,000 Miles.
Green 3.0 Coupe and the owner selling it was from Londan and owned it 6 Years.

scottg
16-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Can anyone confirm the mileage as I have enquired about the car and the dealer says it must have been a mistake by the previous owner as it is the car that was on Pistonheads for about an hour. What a shame the owner didn't wait for a private buyer I am sure he would have done better than the dealer

NSXGB
16-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Sounds like the best plan is to ask the dealer for the contact details for the previous owner to clear this up. If it is a genuine mistake they shouldn't mind.

AR
16-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Well at the moment it sounds fishy.

havoc
16-03-2012, 10:03 PM
If guest's comments are reliable*, then I'm with Ary...there's a whiff of Billingsgate (or should I say Tsukiji) here...

* No offence meant, just that, in general, comments made by someone 'traceable' tend to be more trustworthy than anonymous ones...would love Mr Guest to join the forum - we don't bite ;o) and clearly you're someone who's interested in the car!

scottg
17-03-2012, 09:50 AM
I would agree that I would definately be part of my research bfore making an offer on the car. To be honest the dealer seams very vague, he has three NSX's so you would imagine he is an enthusiast but it dosn't come across in talking to him. I have requested photos and he said he would e mail them last night but so far nothing. Funny way to ru na business and it will be interesting to see what kind of warranty he offers with the car.

AR
17-03-2012, 11:17 AM
If I was in the market I would not panic as there will be a few NSX for sale come summertime.

Rash
17-03-2012, 12:17 PM
To check the mileage for the last few years enter the details (reg and V5 number or MOT number) in the link below and it will tell you the mileages recorded for last few years of when it haad been MOT'd

See link: http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

I did see the one on Pistonheads green coupe aadvertised with 140,000 Miles and the stated the price of £15k due to the mileage..

Hope this helps

Rash

abmunro
17-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I have emailed the same Dealer last week asking for details on the Red car. I asked why it was on VCar.

As yet no response.

If he manages to buy all cars up for sale he can start to dictate prices...

:(

AR
17-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I have emailed the same Dealer last week asking for details on the Red car. I asked why it was on VCar.

As yet no response.

If he manages to buy all cars up for sale he can start to dictate prices...

:(

Not really, market forces the values.

Just wait for summer and there will be a few NSX for sale.

Patience is the key.

havoc
17-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm with Ary. Small dealers (most dealers) don't like holding stock long-term as they're not 'working' the money invested in them - the quicker a dealer can turn stock around, the more profit he can make out of a (limited) pot of capital.

With classics, it's a slightly different game, certainly in an appreciating market. But you don't tend to see dealers doing that, and certainly not buying VCAR-listed machines for the purpose.

ADASDIDAS
17-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Hi Havoc. Sorry for not identifying ones self - I am Jason and a bit of a Honda fan, not an NSX owner but would love to one day (may have to make do with an S2000 first). I have been following this site since 2008.

I generally look at the ads to keep track on the market in general, just in case something good pops up. Noticed the green NSX the other lunch time and wondered why the ad disappeared within the half hour. Perplexed to see a different mileage on a similar car on Autotrader just hours later. Thought it looked fishy so given the duration of the Pistonheads advert thought it worth putting a warning out. I am generally wary of the second hand market and small traders in general, and as advised by others when buying I always call the previous owner to check mileage. This paid dividends once before, so I agree it is the way to go and one of the most important checks you can do.

Hopefully the mileage is an error and someone will get a great car. Otherwise a win for the NSX community on this site.

Cheers. Jason

Edit: sorry didn't log first post under ADASDIDAS as I couldn't remember password and work internet blocks hotmail.

scottg
17-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I am still waiting to hear from the dealer with the pictures he promised yesterday. He has a very funny way of running a dealership and I am fast loosing interest in his car based upon his responses. I think maybe my questioning the mileage has something to do with this and that is not a good sign for someone not reading the forum

havoc
17-03-2012, 11:19 PM
No worries Jason...I've done the same myself from work. Think Scott's concerns may be valid here...good call to raise a flag.

Clambake
03-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Perhaps local trading standards would be the people to contact if this is a recurring issue with this vendor?