PDA

View Full Version : Hello

abmunro
14-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello Chaps just introducing myself

I am like I guess many others are conteplating buying an NSX.

I will trawl your site and read all info. Will ask questions if I can't find info req.

Thanks

Tony

m666 edd
14-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Welcome.

There certainly does seem to be a lot more new interest than usual! You should be able to find plenty of info here. Also check the blog section for very good technical information.

AR
14-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Welcome.

There certainly does seem to be a lot more new interest than usual! You should be able to find plenty of info here. Also check the blog section for very good technical information.

What Edd said, plus give the guys some pointers in what sort of car you are after.

abmunro
14-03-2012, 10:44 PM
At the moment I,m only collecting info and looking

I have my wedding on July 1st this year. It's currently costing £20k but there is still time for it to grow

So until thats completely sorted I wont commit further.

I guess Audi is currently worth £7000

So budget will be about £20K +

Cheers

Tony

Problem Child
15-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I think (if your wife to be is anything like mine) that the NSX maintenance bills are lower!!!!

nobby
15-03-2012, 08:03 PM
IF you have a shunt ... then it aint cheap :cantlook:

check out all the facts mate

my biggest fear in owning these fab cars

welcome on board btw

I think (if your wife to be is anything like mine) that the NSX maintenance bills are lower!!!!

abmunro
15-03-2012, 10:06 PM
IF you have a shunt ... then it aint cheap :cantlook:

Thats what insurance is for:D

I'm used to spending on my cars, I have spent triple the purchase price on my Lotus. Bought for £6.2k up to £20k now:eek:

She has only mentioned this once.

As I have already said I won't rush into purchase

Thanks

Tony

Senninha
15-03-2012, 10:38 PM
This is exactly how I was going to respond .... Nobby, have you had a couple of near misses lately? You seem paranoid about bending the NSX in most of your recent posts?? Hope all is OK.

Hi Tony and welcome,

If you haven't already found it, theres links from the homepage and advice on finding your ideal NSX.

Thats a healthy and not unfamiliar number you have linked into the Wedding ... then there's the Honeymoon on top I guess?

There will be the largest UK gatherings of NSX at the Japfest and Silverstone events this summer. Its also not unusual for 1 or 2 to have owners in the selling mode ... so if you have time try to pop along

IN the meantime, good hunting, have a great July 1st, and I look forward to meeting you and your NSX soon.

I take it the Elan is a keeper ...

regards, Paul

Thats what insurance is for:D

Thanks

Tony

abmunro
24-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I take it the Elan is a keeper ...

regards, Paul

Yes the Elan is a Keeper

I would be using NSX as a daily

But we would be using the Team Bus ( S Max ) mostly

Tony

swiftnsx
21-04-2012, 07:10 PM
hi i have a pearl yellow full pro detail 25000m fsh 1996p ,also an awesome EVO6RSX signed by makkinen fully moded 370bhp ceramic clutch 30000m lightweight one of 20 0-4secs 170mph if interested

nobby
22-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi Paul

Only just saw this ... hell no, and hopefully NEVER. Car is not bent or damaged in anyway ... :)

no, more to the point of letting new owner's know the potential costs involved even for a minor shunt with or without insurance ... this was a massive concern for me at time of purchase but heart got in way of head

we all know prices of bumpers, panels etc ... just stupid stupid money :angry:

Nobby, have you had a couple of near misses lately? You seem paranoid about bending the NSX in most of your recent posts?? Hope all is OK.

AR
22-04-2012, 11:43 AM
guys at this point easy to say that 90% of cars have had paint and 75% a crash of some sort, don't sweat it.

Hagasan
22-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Hmm,

easy to say but not necessarily true. Where do you base these figures from? Just because the cars are getting on in years doesn't automatically mean they've been repainted or shunted or both...

guys at this point easy to say that 90% of cars have had paint and 75% a crash of some sort, don't sweat it.

AR
22-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I have not had the pleasure meeting an NSX yet that has not had paintwork and have have been around a few in the last 8 years.

amo
22-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi mate and welcome good luck in your hunt looks like your not far from me as well
Thx amo

havoc
22-04-2012, 06:13 PM
I have not had the pleasure meeting an NSX yet that has not had paintwork and have have been around a few in the last 8 years.

If nothing else the front end will probably have developed gravel-rash - a sypathetic blow-over can be a positive thing, IMHO.

AR
22-04-2012, 08:39 PM
If nothing else the front end will probably have developed gravel-rash - a sypathetic blow-over can be a positive thing, IMHO.

Exactly so hardly any NSX is 100 percent as it left the factory.

So all the worries are hardly worth it. Some people buy a crashed car and enjoy it and get te best from it, others get a "pristine" example and it becomes a garage queen. Yet some perfect examples have not always been that way. Most cars when getting prep get a blow over or a polish etc.

Hagasan
22-04-2012, 09:14 PM
That's fine. It's just the suggestion that 3/4 of the NSX poulation have been crashed.... a bit excessive I'd suggest

Exactly so hardly any NSX is 100 percent as it left the factory.

So all the worries are hardly worth it. Some people buy a crashed car and enjoy it and get te best from it, others get a "pristine" example and it becomes a garage queen. Yet some perfect examples have not always been that way. Most cars when getting prep get a blow over or a polish etc.

Senninha
22-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Perhaps you need to meet a few more ... :)

Whilst your paint claim may be a little high, cosmetically it can be well recorded and therefore supported. I think the crash claim to be high. We all know factory prices of parts would right off many a good NSX. Therefore this would lead to even fewer on the road. Of course, if you've some record of accident damage to my NSX or the other 200 or so that would be encompassed by your statement that 75% are damaged repaired, do please share the data.

Regards,

Paul

AR
22-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Paul my data is personal experience form looking at cars to buy, meeting people, owner accounts, etc.

By crashed I don't mean mangled up, but panel damage, such as bumpers, doors, wings.

Dont forget that a 70k car would not have been written off for a 5k repair.

Now if anyone can tell me that evey owner is honest about everything about their car's past???