PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a NSX next. Anyone thinking of selling theres?

TVR Tommy
06-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi all

I'm trying to find a NSX as my next car. Whenever I'm on the look out for a new car an NSX is always in the running. But I aways find something else before the right NSX's comes up for sale when I'm looking. I do like my Japanese cars and the itch is always there for an NSX and would be the next step up from the RX7 I owned 4 years ago.

So I'm looking to spend around £20,000, Would like to find a post 95 car if possible, but would buy a pre 95 if it fitted the bill. It's got to be a manual, colour is least of my concerns. I could live with a CAT D car but would like to see history of damage that was repaired (I've seen the one the dealer currently has for sale, I wish I'd spotted it on ebay at £13,500) Mileage isn't much of a problem as long as it's well backed up with history. I would travel for the right car, but would much prefer to buy one in southern England.

If someone is contemplating moving on from there NSX please PM me with some details.

Thanks

Tom

nobby
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi Tom

welcome on board ... and on starting your journey towards potential NSX ownership!

you are among a growing list of people especially this year, and have registered here to ask the same very question

if you are looking for a post 95 car without being CAT'ed ... you would likely need to increase your budget. I honestly dont see a car like that going for around your budget ... more like mid twenties. even <95 cars if they come up depending on condition, mileage etc can demand 20k+

there has been an up surge as you know in relation to the popluarity of this car ... and owners especially on here are wise to this.

Getting a manual is ALSO very difficult

Whatever car you buy ... you need to set aside at least 20% for any work that may need done ... and even it is a Honda these cars still need some work in terms of maintenence etc
Honda parts are NOT cheap for this car etc

my advice if you have not done so already review these boards and go through Kaz's health check and Sudesh's Refresh page for types of work needing done etc

good luck! :)

Hi all

I'm trying to find a NSX as my next car. Whenever I'm on the look out for a new car an NSX is always in the running. But I aways find something else before the right NSX's comes up for sale when I'm looking. I do like my Japanese cars and the itch is always there for an NSX and would be the next step up from the RX7 I owned 4 years ago.

So I'm looking to spend around £20,000, Would like the to find a post 95 car if possible, but would buy a pre 95 if it fitted the bill. It's got to be a manual, colour is least of my concerns. I could live with a CAT D car but would like to see history of damage that was repaired (I've seen the one the dealer currently has for sale, I wish I'd spotted it on ebay at £13,500) Mileage isn't much of a problem as long as it's well backed up with history. I would travel for the right car, but would much prefer to buy one in southern England.

If someone is contemplating moving on from there NSX please PM me with some details.

Thanks

Tom

NSXGB
06-03-2012, 03:37 PM
If you could live with a cat d, why not get the one on autotrader inspected? I don't know if anyone has seen it on here in the flesh, so it may be the case it just needs some alignment in the body shop, which would come well within your budget even if you paid the dealer his full price.

kingsley
06-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi Tommy TVR

Agree totally with NSXGB. Car he is taking about looked cheap for a low mileage manual. It may need some work .You need to go and look at it. Not sure if anyone has seen the car....
Kingsley

nobby
06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
agreed with above ... best going to view it and getting pro advice.

it mite take a very good body workshop and mega bucks to potentially sort out panel gaps on that car. remember its aluminium that has to be worked with.

as stated could be a great project car but i reckon a few quid will need spent on it ... typical nsx! :)

Senninha
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
You could place an ad on Pistonheads too. I know a couple of owners here that have done this and were offered cars that were not advertised anywhere, they simple received direct emails.

AR
07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
You could place an ad on Pistonheads too. I know a couple of owners here that have done this and were offered cars that were not advertised anywhere, they simple received direct emails.
What Paul says!