http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=25297

Not exactly positive?

TheSebringOne
02-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Sorry its actually PH and not Evo's!

NSXGB
02-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Usual errors.

But this one really confirms they don't do their homework...

Even an early, high miles NSX will make £10,000, while a 3.2-litre manual NA2 with low miles and perfect history will pull in £25,000.

Was also reading some of the posts related to the article and found this:

Pub fact: when Honda brought in the 6 speed box there wasn't enough room for the linkage, so 5th->6th is servo operated. You'd have never known (and I only learnt this after selling my 3.2).

Is this really true...?? I don't think it is but stand to be corrected....

Senninha
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
What I find disappointing is why the PH team didn't appear to have consulted with their very on Track Demon .... A member and owner here, a regular photo content contributor to PH .... I would have thought they would at least have shown him the article

All we can do is ensure that when given the opportunity to present the argument, we grasp it ...

Hagasan
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Nah, I think they're confusing the servo with the good old reverse lockout solenoid ;-) The gear change is purely mechanical, it's just the limit beyond the 5th-6th plane is inhibited by the lock-out once on the move... well for some of us!! Well mine is too but by other simpler but costlier in the long run methods.....

Oh and a facelift headlight isn't £500.... I wish!!

Silver Surfer
02-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Done my bit...now just waiting for Havoc to go full steam ahead...;)

SS

NSXGB
02-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Nah, I think they're confusing the servo with the good old reverse lockout solenoid ;-) The gear change is purely mechanical, it's just the limit beyond the 5th-6th plane is inhibited by the lock-out once on the move... well for some of us!! Well mine is too but by other simpler but costlier in the long run methods.....

...yes, I had an idea that may be where his confusion came from...I hope mine never goes wrong....

AR
02-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Guys they were generalising don't take it so seriously. Those of you whose cars are worth more than the regular NSX values need not worry as you will not consider selling them anyways.

Hondaboy
03-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Just the usual rubbish in my humble opinion from people who have rarely seen an nsx never mind driven one and haven't had the pleasure of owning one.

havoc
03-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Done my bit...now just waiting for Havoc to go full steam ahead...;)

SS

Far be it from me to let you down... ;)

I also agree with Paul - why the hell they didn't contact Steve, me or one of the other NSX regulars on there*, or better still post up on here for comments (much as I wear my anorak proudly, there's so much knowledge on here that I couldn't touch) is beyond me - this Alisdair chappie is a new one to me too - not seen him write for PH before.

Ary - I may NEED to sell my car soon though - job woes right now (although at least I have one...keeping fingers crossed for Simon) combined with our first sprog in the summer. Stuff like this persuading punters they can get the car for £5k less than advertised doesn't help.

* Actually, what's happened to Noel W recently...haven't heard anything from him???

nobby
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
looks like a very rushed piece of writing ... not much effort, research etc; how it got published is quite puzzling

as havoc said if done properly would have been useful to discuss with you guys on here

no doubt it will attract the usual keyboard warriors at some point

as Ary said would not take this piece at all seriously ... previous efforts have been better but still prone to error.

if people want to know about the car best coming onto here or viewing prime. and i dont see a poor piece of writing do anything to hamper residuals of the car. if he had looked at the classifieds before writing he would have seen his pricing was completely off. If anyone wants an NSX they know the price to pay

Problem Child
03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
The PH article has a "reply to topic" function.

So far it has had 74 replies generally in awe of NSX's. Maybe we shoud have either a single, authoritative response on behalf of NSXCB written by one of our more informed members or maybe a "shotgun" approach where we each pen a response to right the wrongs in this poor article.

havoc
03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
A few of us have already taken pot-shots Geoff...although to be fair, as mentioned above I doubt a serious buyer is going to be that influenced by the article.

It is disappointing from PH though...

nobby
03-03-2012, 08:15 PM
agreed
+1 :(

It is disappointing from PH though...

gumball
03-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Only a forum though, so not to worry. PH isn't as important or influential as they like to think they are.

Geraint
03-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Article was OK, could have been a lot better, didn't really capture the appeal of the cars imho. Bit of a missed opportunity, but there you go.