PDA

View Full Version : In-car breathalysers become compulsory in france

Senninha
21-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Full details here on Pistonheads .... http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=25231

A quick heads up to any owners looking to travel into or through France this summer, ie Le Mans

French authorities are trying to reduce dring driving related fatalities (currently 31% of all fatalities are DD related), so you must have a test kit in the car.

Something else to add to your French travel kit along with bulbs, high vis jackets etc.

Be prepared and avoid potential fines

HTH

regards, Paul

nobby
21-02-2012, 06:49 PM
fortunately the fine is around 11 euro's

Chris B N
21-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Downloaded speed cameras on Tom Tom today
From Jan 2012 it is illegal to have speed camera locations on your nav device.
TT delated France as part of the download.

Problem Child
21-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Best thing that could happen to France....delete it!

AR
22-02-2012, 10:44 AM
What next, cars that won't go over 70 mph?

Hagasan
22-02-2012, 10:59 AM
What next, cars that won't go over 70 mph?

I've heard that they're proposing a compulsory bolt on left hand drive kit. The kit is said to be universal and takes about 45 mins to fit. A fitting service is planned to available on ferries but not trains.

A final vote is due on 1/4/2012........................

SILVER BULLET
22-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I've heard that they're proposing a compulsory bolt on left hand drive kit. The kit is said to be universal and takes about 45 mins to fit. A fitting service is planned to available on ferries but not trains.

A final vote is due on 1/4/2012........................

I am already booked in to have this kit fitted on 1/4/12 so will probably be one of the first to try,it's going to be very odd sitting on the left though :laugh:

havoc
25-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Ridiculous - self-policing doesn't work for one very obvious reason!

Problem Child
25-02-2012, 06:31 PM
What is it with France?

They allow their (corrupt) politicians to shag anything that moves
They ignore Health & Safety regulations
They make beautiful wines and food
Their armed forces avoid any conflicts so they dont crease their uniforms
But they want to spoil our fun when we visit their country and fine us at every opportunity
.....and they want the UK's credit rating reduced simply because theirs was reduced.

I have an idea. Why not boycott everything French and invite all the countries we like to leave the Euro and join the pound. See how the French fare then!