PDA

View Full Version : N12 NSX for sale on Ebay

Problem Child
17-02-2012, 09:10 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NSX-3-0-auto-INVESTMENT-OPPORTUNITY-/130646661224?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e6b25d868

jaytip
19-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Way overpriced in my opinion.

Hondaboy
19-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Early autos are worth theyre weight in gold and are hugely undervalued IMHO :D:D

fredfred
19-02-2012, 08:06 PM
i know the nsx it is very clean but not worth 25000 closer to 16000

Papalazarou
19-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I think Hondaboy was being humorous. Especially as he is the proud owner of an auto NSX.
If your car is straight and doesn't need a lot of money spending on it for servicing, paint etc. Then you got a bargain. Especially when you consider that late pop-ups with low mileage normally sell around the low thirties these days.

Cheers,

James.

Problem Child
19-02-2012, 09:03 PM
I am sure I will get to understand the unique NSX humour one day!

Hondaboy
19-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I think Hondaboy was being humorous. Especially as he is the proud owner of an auto NSX.
If your car is straight and doesn't need a lot of money spending on it for servicing, paint etc. Then you got a bargain. Especially when you consider that late pop-ups with low mileage normally sell around the low thirties these days.

Cheers,

James.

Yes indeed I was being humorous it happens now and then :)

On a serious note though this car is overpriced it's 10k more than I paid for mine though mine was hardly concourse and needed a bit of money spent.

But why do members on here keep talking prices down on cars up for sale I know this has been mentioned before but is it not in everyone's interest to keep prices up?

Problem Child
19-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I agree. Now I have bought one we should talk prices up!....but spares prices down!

AR
19-02-2012, 11:23 PM
I agree. Now I have bought one we should talk prices up!....but spares prices down!

I think you are right!
Some NSX owners are wearing the Emperor's new clothes!!!

Chris B N
20-02-2012, 08:30 AM
come on guy's why talk prices down.
don't knock the auto unless you've tried it.

Senninha
20-02-2012, 11:29 PM
come on guy's why talk prices down.
don't knock the auto unless you've tried it.

With fewer remaining cars to choose from coming to market, I would not be surprised to see the 'bargain' autos start to close the gap on the manuals. When I was in search mode I drove an early auto and was very pleased with it. If I had a)space b)money and c)petrolhead Mrs, I would have an auto in a heartbeat. And if you talk to Jonathan (Britlude), its makes for the best all weather all year version of the NSX too!

As with all cars, the selling price is what counts and that is determined by the buyer. There's a couple of Autos on the market at present so good chance to b2b evaluate then bid for the one you want ....

Good luck all

Hondaboy
21-02-2012, 04:33 PM
I love my auto it does everything I need it to and as I'm not into track days or such like I have no need for the manual mine may be a little slower but if I wanted a super fast car I would have bought something else evo, scooby, caterham etc etc for a lot less cash but then I see those sort of cars every day. Have never seen another nsx while driving mine and I like having something so rare and respected by everyone I meet:)

forzaminardi
31-03-2012, 12:11 PM
For what its worth, I can't comment on this car specifically, but the vendor is good, they are proper car enthusiasts and have some very interesting cars on sale.

pralognan
05-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I had a look at this car last thursday and would comment as follows. The general condition is very good and it drives well.The interior is spoilt by the fitment of unpleasant aluminium trim to the central console and the doors.It appears to have been stuck on top of the original material so it might be difficult to remove without damaging the trim.The wheels have been painted black and it is flaking off.The door seals are hanging loose.Too dear for me

Dutchy
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
The interior is spoilt by the fitment of unpleasant aluminium trim to the central console and the doors.It appears to have been stuck on top of the original material so it might be difficult to remove without damaging the trim.The wheels have been painted black and it is flaking off.The door seals are hanging loose.Too dear for me

Then why do they sell it as showroom condition? I hate it when they do this... just be fair on its condition.

markevo6
07-06-2012, 06:19 PM
With all the talk about prices , I'm hoping I havn't overpaid for the car I've just bought ( collecting next week )

Early 91 car H reg , red , manual , just under 12k from new - very clean . £ 25k ? Is this about right , I know a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it , I guess I was willing to pay £25k for it but hope its about right .

Looking forward to the local meet at The Moat on the 21st June .

Senninha
07-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Well Done that Man ...

Looks and reads like a great NSX so I hope you enjoy it for many years .. when I bought mine I paid what at the time was strong money, but, like you I was prepared to pay for the car\spec I wanted .. as for prices, they are only going one way for your NSX so dont give it another thought!

See you on the 21st

regards, Paul

scottg
07-06-2012, 08:13 PM
With all the talk about prices , I'm hoping I havn't overpaid for the car I've just bought ( collecting next week )

Early 91 car H reg , red , manual , just under 12k from new - very clean . £ 25k ? Is this about right , I know a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it , I guess I was willing to pay £25k for it but hope its about right .

Looking forward to the local meet at The Moat on the 21st June .

Best 25k you will ever spend Mark. I think ou may have bought a car that I know of. I met a guy at a party over 10 years ago who had a 10,000 mile from new early manual car, when I started trying to find one earlier this year he contacted me and wanted 27.5k which was more than I had budgeted at the time so I left it. Does your car have a full history from a dealer?

Problem Child
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Impossible to pay too much. Whtever you pay for your NSX is worth every smile!

havoc
07-06-2012, 08:39 PM
As long as you don't plan on commuting every day in it (i.e. putting big miles on it and destroying the low-mile rarity status), that doesn't sound unreasonable for a very-low-mile early car, certainly not if the condition reflects the mileage.

Legacyman
01-07-2012, 05:39 PM
hi chaps first post be gentle!
I drove this N12 NSX yesterday and I thought it seems quite a strong car no damage with a couple of small jobs.
what serious price would you suggest?
legacy man

Legacyman
01-07-2012, 05:46 PM
also has anyone any knowledge of C16 NSX?
any info before I set off to look at her would be helpfully.
legacy man

nobby
02-07-2012, 08:35 AM
not sure about a price, but you may wish to consider servicing items on this car

it states a full service history with honda ... so main check would be when the last timing belt service was done, cracnkshaft pulley replacement etc etc. so if this has not been done definitely a bargaining item to use along with the small jobs u have also noticed

good luck in ur search

hi chaps first post be gentle!
I drove this N12 NSX yesterday and I thought it seems quite a strong car no damage with a couple of small jobs.
what serious price would you suggest?
legacy man

Legacyman
02-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Nobby
i noticed the claim of FSH from dealer.
thanks for the info, i must admit i did nearly just jump in with cash as no manuals about.
LM

scottg
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
Nobby
i noticed the claim of FSH from dealer.
thanks for the info, i must admit i did nearly just jump in with cash as no manuals about.
LM
2 manual cars and an auto have just come up on Pistonheads and the Silver one is from a forum member

Legacyman
02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
scott
thanks for the heads up!!

scottg
02-07-2012, 11:36 AM
scott
thanks for the heads up!!

No problem and good luck with your search

Legacyman
02-07-2012, 11:38 AM
i have a strange attraction to the black roof!!!