PDA

View Full Version : custom engine cover

Hondaboy
17-02-2012, 03:40 PM
just about finished my engi109231092410925ne cover got a little trimming and adjusting to do but im pleased with it so far

Hondaboy
17-02-2012, 07:01 PM
So what do you guys think I know the purists will be offended but the cars not exactly original anyway and the boy racer in me escaped and started chopping it up before I could stop him:) just need some shiny bits under there now and a new or repainted engine plate :cool:

Senninha
17-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Modifying the NSX . . . Why cant you chaps leave them alone ;)

britlude
17-02-2012, 11:28 PM
as if..........

Hondaboy
18-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Come on I've been bored all winter needed something to do:)

Senninha
18-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Back to the OP ...

Modified cover looks good in the photos, but if it was me I would have chosen shorter screws ... As for brightening up the engine bay, particularly against a White NSX, why not powder coat the cam and intake covers aka NA2-R ... Would be first thought and a lot cheaper than sending $$$ to the USA

If you want to see what's possible with engine bling, take a look at DaveMat's yellow NSX

Enjoy your NSX .... And modify away

Rgds, Paul

Hondaboy
18-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Cheers for that your right about the screws might chop them down a bit though first I'm going to try and refit the insulation under the cover have cut the holes out of it but need to tidy the edges somehow then the thought was using the long screws to fit the insulation, with regards to cam covers yes indeed down to my local paint shop first thought was red then saw a White one on prime with White covers hmm looked lovely

Kaz-kzukNA1
18-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Not sure how old your coolant header tank is, but your NSX looked to be JDM with original tank cap.

Your engine hatch glass looked to be smoked but not sure about the quality of the film and thus, it may not cut enough UV-ray.
Recently, north part of UK had much better weather than the south.

If you are planning to keep using the OEM header tank and exposing it under the UV-ray together with all other rubber tubes, electrical connectors, etc, my advice is to apply some sort of protection for these parts.

For your reference, JDM Type-R, Type-S, S-Zero that use the meshed engine cover are equipped with rubber jacket on the header tank and even a rubber cover over each electrical connectors.

Seems like you love lots of white colour and even considering painting the valve covers to white so not sure whether you like the black rubber colour of OEM jacket for the header tank or not….
Don’t even ask the price for this rubber jacket…..
May be you want to paint the OEM tank carefully taking the material being used into the consideration.
There are some aftermarket tanks available but not sure how their internal design were tested from the point of air/fluid separation.

Kaz

Hondaboy
19-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Hi kaz yeah she's jdm have reciept from Honda for coolant tank in 2005 still looks new to me but i agree with you about tint quality of the hatch being unknown so will keep an eye on it and you guessed right about the black jacket not being my taste. Have looked at aftermarket tanks but like you not sure on the quality as I'd read something by you about the air separator? In the original.

Do plan on changing my coolant hoses at some point to samco silicon hoses or similar and at that point would start replacing other hoses fuel lines etc

Thanks for the info as usual your a legend on here

Problem Child
19-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Sounds like you need some Factor 50 sun cream LOL

Hondaboy
19-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Sounds like you need some Factor 50 sun cream LOL

Now your being silly don't think I've seen any for sale on Dali or SOS :D

Hang on though could be an idea I mean it's usually White sun cream hmm bit of cheap colour coding and easy to revert to oem if required ;)

DAVEMAT
21-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Back to the OP ...

Modified cover looks good in the photos, but if it was me I would have chosen shorter screws ... As for brightening up the engine bay, particularly against a White NSX, why not powder coat the cam and intake covers aka NA2-R ... Would be first thought and a lot cheaper than sending $$$ to the USA

If you want to see what's possible with engine bling, take a look at DaveMat's yellow NSX

Enjoy your NSX .... And modify away

Rgds, Paul

Get your sunglasses on!!!

Hondaboy
21-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Very nice dave like the coolant tank and strut brace :cool: