PDA

View Full Version : Autocar - NSX used buying guide

Ewan
16-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Just spotted in this week's Autocar, that next week's one (22 Feb) will feature a buying guide for the NSX.

Has anyone been consulted...? Or should we look forward to the usual half-truths and assumptions ...?

Geraint
16-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Interesting, but rather moot, given the number of used NSXs on the market at the moment :laugh:

mutley
16-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with the "new" NSX just around the corner?

Jim

Problem Child
16-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I do not know how anyone could write a buying guide without consulting this site or its members. I have never known as knowledgeable a bunch of guys. Not only knowledgeable but also willing to share that knowledge freely. I looked for a few months before I came across this site and through reading it and the help of the members I was able to make a good purchase. Within the membership we are very lucky to have the skills and experience of the likes of Kaz, Sudesh, AR and many other enthusiasts.

When I went to see the car that I eventually bought I had several offers (from around the country) to join me on the day. Thanks to Dave and Elaine who were a great help and great people!

Whatever the buying guide says, I doubt it could get close to the assistance got through NSXGB and therefore doubt its provenance as a result.

I love my new NSX because I have always wanted one but I am also looking forward to owning one (I pick it up tomorrow) not just for the driving experience but the cameraderie I see on this site!

SILVER BULLET
16-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Enjoy the drive home Geoff, you are about to experience the NSX Grin, this car really does put a smile on your face, hope to meet you at one of the gatherings,

Cheers,

Ian

WhyOne?
22-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Picked up a copy of Autocar today.

The buying guide is nothing remarkable. Usual lazy journalism (yes, Senna is mentioned!) Guide seems to be based on hearsay & a chat with Ritesh Momaya at Chiswick Honda. In fact, I have a feeling that this is the second very similar article they have run over the last year.

Yellow Car (L1 NSX) featured in the article......do we know this car?

NSXGB
22-02-2012, 01:42 PM
L1 NSX has been used in Autocar previously. I have an old clipping that's probably 10 years old in my scrap book of it. The plate now resides on a red NSX.

WhyOne?
22-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Ah!

So more laziness - they have just pulled a few old photo's out of their library!

Nick Graves
22-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Sells mags with no effort, I suppose.

Maybe there'll be an MG Metro buyers' guide too, the MSG3 is due here sometime in the future.

lotusolly
22-02-2012, 08:39 PM
The pic they used in last weeks magazine to advertise the guide was of my car before I owned it, so that must be at least 10 years old!!

Olly

Ah!

So more laziness - they have just pulled a few old photo's out of their library!

TheSebringOne
23-02-2012, 12:01 AM
I went to WHSmith yesterday and couldn't find a copy, but did find one saying the next edition would
have a buyer's guide? Is this a weekly mag?

WhyOne?
23-02-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes, it's a weekly tag. The one you want had the Aston 1-77 on the front (and a yellow nsx in the bottom right hand corner).