PDA

View Full Version : NSX Wanted AD.

dickyf
08-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Morning and Hi. First post here and its a wanted advert. I am looking to buy first generation NSX.
The criteria is a manual with complete history. I am not overly concerned by higher mileage or colour specific.

I have tried to contact the red car advertised on PH marked sale pending but so far have had no response which is surprising taking into account the comments from the assumed buyer on here.
Any nods in the right direction of cars for sale or owners considering a sale would be greatly appreciated. also, any heads up to any cars for sale that I should avoid.
NSXCB is a great source of info so thanks to you all so far. If I do find one I will happily share photos and any work undertaken.
I have always liked the less than obvious choice in motors, history of ZM coupe, caterham as an everyday car, etc. The NSX has always been on the list to own but if I cant find one in the next couple of months I may be drawn toward 996 GT3 ownership!!

Thanks in anticipation.

dickyf
19-03-2012, 03:31 PM
i am pleased to announce i have found a bought a 91 Manual11092. hopefully collect on Sat. thanks to everyone for the assistance and advice offered.

Silver Surfer
19-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Well done Richards.

Wellcome to NSXtastic ownership.

SS

Hagasan
19-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Well done. If that is an up to date picture then the car appears to be missing the front lip spoiler? Could just be the light but it seems not to be there?

WhyOne?
19-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Nope its not there.

dickyf
19-03-2012, 04:36 PM
thanks for spotting that. I have only just noticed. is it a part i can get from Honda??

AR
19-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Well done Richard, I sent you a reply to the PM regarding the exhaust.

dickyf
19-03-2012, 05:12 PM
AR. received with thanks.

Hagasan
19-03-2012, 05:16 PM
thanks for spotting that. I have only just noticed. is it a part i can get from Honda??

Ask Ian (Whyone) he may have one although if it's a dealer you're buying from try and get them to fit one?

WhyOne?
19-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Ask Ian (Whyone) he may have one although if it's a dealer you're buying from try and get them to fit one?

I have a one for a facelift, so unfortunately no use to here.

It isn't ( by NSX standards) expensive - about £175 from Honda uk IIRC. But watch out for the fixing hardware - 13 clips with captive nuts & corresponding bolts - ~£80 for the set from Honda UK I believe!

All of these parts can be sourced more cheaply in the US, tho' shipping the large box the chin spoiler comes in eats into the savings.

gumball
19-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Congrats on the Beautiful NSX, such a lovely quick colour.

L696ULO
19-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Congrats and excellent colour. I've never bought anything from Science of Speed but this link gives you an idea of the US price.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Honda/chin_spoiler_91-01/

Someone else might be getting some parts from them and it might be possible to add to their order and sort out shipping costs?

Hagasan
19-03-2012, 06:27 PM
It retails for $106 at Findlay Acura in Nevada. $50 shipping and with taxes etc comes out about £125 compared to £197 in the UK so about a £70 saving....

gumball
19-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Obvious but, check other stuff you might need to save on postage.

Problem Child
19-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Firstly, welcome to the NSXCB.

They are a great bunch of guys and know virtually everything about NSX's should you need any help with your little beauty.

I can recommend the service from Findlay Acura as I just got a parcel from them last week and managed to avoid import duty!

Secondly, we love seeing new members and their cars so why not bring it to Japfest on Saturday 12th May. So far there are 30 of us attending

TheSebringOne
19-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Congrats & welcome too.

Front lip spoiler is relatively inexpensive for the NSX as previously stated, but if the fixing bits are £80, thats shocking!

Another idea is to grease up the fixing bits just in case you catch the spoiler as they are really low &
needs adjusting or putting back.

NSXGB
20-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I would imagine that there may be some of the captive nuts still on the car so you might not need a full set of hardware. You'll need to run a tap through them to clean the thread up though. I refitted using copper grease and three years later when I removed the lip next, it came off no problem.
The most important thing to remember when tightening and especially undoing the bolts is to hold the speed nut with an open end spanner because otherwise it will chew your plastic bumper and you'll lose your fixing point.

WhyOne?
20-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Simon's advice is good.

I fitted a new chin spoiler to my car about 3 yrs ago, but didn't add copper grease to the fixing nuts. Everything was locked pretty solid when I tried to remove it late last year. In the end Simon's vastly superior skills with a spanner & socket did the job.

New spoiler & fixing hardware put on car a couple of weeks ago with copious amounts of copper grease!

scottg
20-03-2012, 02:42 PM
If anyone else is thinking of selling I have the funds waiting for the right car. I would ideally like a manual car in any colour with good history. Please PM me if you would consider selling

Kind Regards

Scott

matpp
20-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Have a look at the Lings website....the nuts and/or bolts are very reasonable unless the prices have changed since I ordered (cheaper than the US by far).

Congrats & welcome too.

Front lip spoiler is relatively inexpensive for the NSX as previously stated, but if the fixing bits are £80, thats shocking!

Another idea is to grease up the fixing bits just in case you catch the spoiler as they are really low &
needs adjusting or putting back.

NSXGB
20-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Have a look at the Lings website....the nuts and/or bolts are very reasonable unless the prices have changed since I ordered (cheaper than the US by far).

Lings list the Bolts (90111-SM4-003) @ £2.30 each and the nuts* (90305-SH3-000) @ £1.56 each, you need 13 of each to fix the spoiler, so £50.18 total.
From the USA, that would cost you $61.88. No real sving unless you are ordering a lot more parts from the US.

* I'm sure these nuts used to be more expensive??

NSXGB
21-03-2012, 06:22 AM
It retails for $106 at Findlay Acura in Nevada. $50 shipping and with taxes etc comes out about £125 compared to £197 in the UK so about a £70 saving....

Are you sure that's not the facelift price Gary?

If you are buying in the UK, it's worth asking if they give a club discount. I've regularly got 10%, others have got up to 20% for larger purchases.

Hagasan
21-03-2012, 09:46 AM
The US prices may have crept a little? Listed at $119 http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?catalogID=8&productID=5&yearID=16&doorID=2&gradeID=76&areaID=1&transmissionID=4&originID=-1&colorLabelIDs=-1&colorLabelID=-1&sectionID=7&idAndImageID=1356%20379367&isBigPicture=False

UK full retail on lings is £197.40 http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SW001&block_02=B__4600&block_03=21762

Granted discounts are possible from certain dealers. If you don't ask you don't.......

Maybe for a new owner, it would be more beneficial to have some general service items thrown in the same largish box for maximum benefits of an over the pond shop...

Are you sure that's not the facelift price Gary?

If you are buying in the UK, it's worth asking if they give a club discount. I've regularly got 10%, others have got up to 20% for larger purchases.

sorepaws
21-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Nice car - make sure you come to the Silverstone Classic in July