PDA

View Full Version : Centre consoles from Dali Racing

Problem Child
06-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Anyone dealt with these guys or know the quality of this part.....

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1823

Senninha
06-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Do your homework on this vendor ... mixed results, oftne with no reason for the lack of service. There will be several threads with differing views.

A real shame given how few NSX suppliers are available.

NSXGB
06-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I bought one of those consoles from another member here. They are not good quality at all. You will need to do a lot of work to it to make it good. No a/c vent (although the description says otherwise), no mounts for the switches and very rough finish.

It would be worth paying extra for a better version, although aftermarket RHD consoles are thin on the ground. Hopefully drmikey will produce some cf ones soon....

mutley
09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I bought one from Dali. Even though I have had no problems dealing with this vendor. I did have a bit of a wait for my parts though and was told that was due to a delay with teh "carbon guy" (it seems dali doesn't stock these parts, but gets them made to order)
I was a bit dissapointed in the quality if the console. I had to do a little bit of work on it for the switches and mounts etc, and the overall fitment isn't that great.

Overall though I am glad I did, and in the future I may have another re-jig to see if I can improve the fitting of it. It's a case of each to their own I think.

hope that helps

Jim

Nick Graves
09-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Anything that doesn't fit like OEM would indeed drive me madder.

I've bought a few bits from Dali & Mark's service has been great. I like the website's sarcasm too.

nobby
09-02-2012, 01:34 PM
+1 re Dali ... always been 100% with me

just bought dc sports headers of him there, arrived this week :)

mite be an idea to ensure that he has stock (RAG lights) ... better if green for both u and him

Anything that doesn't fit like OEM would indeed drive me madder.

I've bought a few bits from Dali & Mark's service has been great. I like the website's sarcasm too.

jaytip
09-02-2012, 08:02 PM
So now i have to swing it the other way.He ripped me off,pure and simple.I paid him for dampers(including P+P) and never recieved them.Then he never answered another email off me.
It does my nut in when members of this board praise him and his website. THE GUY IS A THIEF.
Do a search here and on NSXprime and you will find he has done it to loads and loads of people.

nobby
10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi jay tip

meant no disrespect ... Sorry u have not got the service expected, and have financially lost out. Totally unforgiving and appreciate your stance. Terrible

All I am saying is that as an nsx supplier he has been fine for me and only giving my positive experiences to date.
God knows we have very few parts providers as is at competitive/realistic prices.

WhyOne?
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Mark is a schizophrenic character to be sure.

He has undoubtedly ripped off any number of people here & on Prime.

However there are others, like myself, who have used him on numerous occasions and cannot fault his service.

Very odd.

Oh, and I agree with Nick - his website is tremendous, one of the funniest on the internet!

Hondaboy
10-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I too have been put off from ordering from Dali after reading bad reports here and on prime though if paying by paypal or credit card are we not protected and entitled to refunds from the credit companies if we don't receive our goods?

Rob_Fenn
10-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Also been ripped off my him, and am somewhat disheartened that the NSX community is willing to ignore the stories for the sake of getting a deal. As far as i'm concerned, he doesn't deserve to be in business. Thankfully the states has SoS, Downforce and Ravi Kumar amongst others so it isn't essential to use him.

NSXGB
10-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't see the attraction of buying from someone like him when you can buy the same stuff from a proper company the same price or cheaper??

Those of us who have been stung can only warn the ones in denial, unfortunately sooner or later your time will come....

Problem Child
10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Maybe they should be called Marmite racing....either love them or hate them!

amo
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Sorry Hondaboy you must have it wrong we are protected if you pay via creditcard
He ripped me off by about 3.5k managed to get all my credit card payment but lost bank transfer thief is a thief would rather go to SOS and spend asci have done
Thx amo