View Full Version : Downforce NSX-R carbon fibre led wing

AR
06-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Got my wing today. Fantastic!

Cheers

AR

AR
07-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Here is a better picture, debating if I should have it painted to match.

TheQuietOne
07-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Hi AR,

Looks fantastic, FWIW I would have it painted though, I think it contrasts the body too much, having said that it can't contrast it more than it does on the Type-R!

The only colour car I think CF looks subtle on is black or dark green, just my £0.02...

Looks a work of art though close up, and it is a shame to cover that lovely weave...trick decision for you, nice problem to have though :wink:

Cheers

Matt.

AR
07-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I think it will be color coded when I do the 02 upgrade. It is a hard decision to make, but I do agree that it contrasts a lot, but for now I will enjoy the weave!

Cheers

AR

TheQuietOne
07-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Just thought when I popped to Asda in mine (they have a huuuge car park so I can park miles away from everyone else), what a comment coming from someone with a red car with a black roof :lol:

Having said that I bet it would look pretty good on mine unpainted!

Matt.

AR
07-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Just thought when I popped to Asda in mine (they have a huuuge car park so I can park miles away from everyone else), what a comment coming from someone with a red car with a black roof :lol:

Having said that I bet it would look pretty good on mine unpainted!

Matt.

I bet it would, I am also thinking of CF B-Pillars, bonnet and Side Scoops!

UltraViolet
07-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I would leave unpainted - but then I also have red/black.

Rob_Fenn
07-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Lower it and get a CF bonnet and boot lid and it will look awesome. If you plan on just the spoiler, i would colour code it.

So how much does the OEM item weigh?

Cheers

-Rob

AR
07-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Hi rob, I am unsure of the weight of the OEM wing, but if feels twice as heavy. I would love to lower it, but with the speed bumps around my house no chance, I barely clear them.

MattS
07-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Mo's got one on his red/black NSX and it looks fantastic, especially with the Type R suspension.

I reckon you should leave it unpainted - having the weave obvious hints that it's a serious bit of kit and not just a bolt-on bigger wing.

osiris_x11
08-01-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree on the sentiment of leaving the NSX-R style CF rear spoiler unpainted. It gives the NSX a much sleeker profile and as mentioned above: it shows you mean business! 8)

On NSX coupes (black-canopy roofs), I've seen people do the CF vented side-intakes, CF B-pillars, Carbon-glass front lower-bumper lip, CF mirrors or OEM mirrors painted black, CF reg. plate support-faccade, and front Honda emblem in black/chrome CF... in addition to the NSX-R style spoiler!

At times I sob in that my NSX is black-on-black... :roll:

simonprelude
09-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Would look better with a black roof :)

Senninha
09-01-2006, 11:56 AM
As per Simonprelude's comment, why not paint the roof?

You could then add the the CF b-pillars to co-ordinate with the spoiler and keep that lovely weave for all to see!

Where did you get the wing as quality looks excellent.

Regards

simonprelude
09-01-2006, 03:04 PM
No bad idea, don't do it, would look horrible.

I like being a rarer breed with my Imola and Black :)

As per Simonprelude's comment, why not paint the roof?

You could then add the the CF b-pillars to co-ordinate with the spoiler and keep that lovely weave for all to see!

Where did you get the wing as quality looks excellent.

Regards

Senninha
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Thats just being selfish :lol:

simonprelude
09-01-2006, 03:24 PM
I know, there's another Imola Orange for sale at the moment, think it is the one that has been advertised for a while and was originally RJ51FEF this was for sale about 2 years ago by Trident which seems to make the 1 owner seem a little strange. But yes selfish is me.

Thats just being selfish :lol:

jaytip
09-01-2006, 08:59 PM
absolutely leave it black.here are some ideas for you.
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5426&sort=1&size=medium&cat=560&page=2

simonprelude
09-01-2006, 10:49 PM
That looks good, but again partly black roof (ie window surrounds) makes it look much better, try it on my car and see how it looks :)

absolutely leave it black.here are some ideas for you.
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5426&sort=1&size=medium&cat=560&page=2

trackdemon
10-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I agree leve it black/weave.....

This....

....is horrid :!: :shock: :!: Max Power would go crazy. Tuned NSX's (IMHO!) should go the type-R route - less is more....

jaytip
10-01-2006, 11:38 AM
I agree leve it black/weave.....

This...

....is horrid :!: :shock: :!: Max Power would go crazy. Tuned NSX's (IMHO!) should go the type-R route - less is more....
I was referring to the black wing looking ok because of the black A+B pillars plus the black mirrors.

AR
10-01-2006, 12:27 PM
If my car was white, I would have gone with the Black roof.

Cheers

AR

Senninha
10-01-2006, 12:30 PM
I agree with Jaytip, A+B pillars with black mirrors looks good (maybe as I suggested earlier, with CF B pillars)

As for the rest of it, IMO, its a crime to the purity of the NSX.

AR
10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
But yet again look at this beauty:

AR
10-01-2006, 12:53 PM
The wide body is a bit too much for me, but the 02 lights and bonnet, and the side skirts look great, IMO.

Cheers

AR

Senninha
10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Loose the stripe and yes, this is probably one of coolest wide body conversions that our US friends are so keen on. Still not my taste though.

I was looking at this car yesterday, have you seen all the superb CF interior panels on this car? Absolutely amazing work.

Rob_Fenn
17-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Long term aim is to get this kit for the NSX (sort of Le Mans copy).

http://www.route-ks.com/item/lemans_f.html

I love the JGTC kit too...

http://www.route-ks.com/item/zero_f.html

-Rob