PDA

View Full Version : anyone know this car.......

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 10:13 PM
2001 Imola Orange Pear, manual 3.2

http://www.targafloriocars.com/Car_Sales/HondaNSX/3050.htm

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 10:18 PM
No but i like it a lot. Best colour.

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 10:18 PM
what do you think is a good price for this?

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Depends really, it is a late car for a pre facelift and has done very low miles. I think 32K is a fair price as there was an Imola Orange pre facelift car for sale last year at 42k. The interior on this car looks brand new, not a crease to be seen.

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm going up North to see an all red 98 3.2 manual Targa on Sunday and if that comes to nothing I will go and see this too. I wanst all that taken by the colour but its growing on me. I really want a black and tan targa but no-ones selling!

NSXGB
25-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Thought I'd remembered this one.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8476-2001-Imola-Orange-3-2l-(flip-lights)-on-PH&highlight=Crawley+Honda

Looks like its not been driven for over a year.

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 10:30 PM
That is the problem, know one is selling i have not seen a facelift NSX for sale for a while. I want whyone's car one day, 2001, circuit blue pop up NSX, stunning.

Imola is a very rare colour, around 4 in the uk i think. Targa's are very rare.

Senninha
25-01-2012, 10:31 PM
what do you think is a good price for this?

Given the quality of cars from this dealer I suspect its straight and has a solid history. Therefore, IMO, asking price inclusive of any service / prep / warranty you can agree and you've got yourself a great car.

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Damn....think its sold!

Senninha
25-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Damn....think its sold!

Which yet again demonstrates that the really good ones dont hang around ... good luck in your search.

If you have the budget you might want to consider this one ... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9497-2003-IOP-Targa-for-sale-32-000-3-2Litre-Manual

Problem Child
26-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Just had email from Targa Florio and the owner of the Gold on atr £32k has just offered it him back at £35k.............too rich for me!

WhyOne?
26-01-2012, 09:49 AM
..........I want whyone's car one day, 2001, circuit blue pop up NSX, stunning.

You sir, have immaculate taste! :)

As for the situation with this orange car - my thoughts are that the £32k originally asked was on the cheap side for this car.

The £35k price is much more in line with what I would expect for Y1 (same year, manual, coupe, 52k miles) so again, not unreasonable for the orange car assuming all is right and proper with it (I have no reason to think otherwise).

Perhaps I am biased / delusional, but based on the prices cars have sold for over the last 12 months, I dont think so.

What I really, really don't understand is the sequence of events which led to the car being sold (presumably for £32k or less) and then being offered back to the vendor almost immediately at £3k more! Odd.

NSX-FAN
26-01-2012, 03:34 PM
You sir, have immaculate taste! :)

Since i found these pics of your NSX on the site, i could not believe how nice Circuit Blue is.

WhyOne?
26-01-2012, 04:12 PM
If I am honest, it would not have been my 1st colour choice, but having lived with the car for 5 years, it has grown on me and now think it suits the car very well indeed.

It seems to gather a lot of positive comments from people, but maybe that is just folks being polite!

Whatever else, there is little doubt it is one of the rarest colours in the UK - a total of 4 cars I believe.

NSX-FAN
26-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I hope to see it sometime, Japfest or a Goodwood meet.

manisandher
26-01-2012, 04:46 PM
WTF?

Isn't this the same car as in these two threads?

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8759-2001-Imola-Orange-Pearl-flip-lights-NSX-on-PH&highlight=imola+pear+orange

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9502-T7-nsx

The giveaway is the sticker on the rear nearside bumper (hard to get off I assume). If it is the same car as in these threads, then it's the car that I went to see in South Wales just a few weeks before I bought my facelift last year. Also, this advert from TargaFloriocars is the EXACT SAME advert that TargaFloriocars placed for the car, around 6 months before I went to see it (ad placed by TargaFloriocars around Oct/Nov of 2010).

I obviously didn't buy the IOP. Here's why:

- the previous owner to the seller I was talking to had indeed had the car for around 6 years, BUT... the seller had only had it for 6 months - this was as clear as day in the logbook
- it did NOT have a service book, and certainly no full Honda sevice history - the seller had a few receipts from work carried out by a local non-Honda garage
- it had worn rear tyres - the seller wanted £39K for it (joke); a car with worn rear tyres!

But having said all this, the car looked in great condition...

If these are the same car, then there is something very, very dodgy going on. If these are not the same car, I apologise to all concerned for my error.

Mani.

PS I'm currently working in Moscow but have printouts of the TargaFloriocars advert from late 2010 and the pistonheads advert from last year at home

Problem Child
26-01-2012, 07:06 PM
The guy at Targa Florio told me last night that the guy who bought it from him (£32k) recently offered it back to him for £35k just recently. I dont think he took it but he very kindlyt said he'd get it for me if I wanted!!! Two of the recent owners have bought this and then sold very quickly.....I dont think its for me!

havoc
26-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I want whyone's car one day, 2001, circuit blue pop up NSX, stunning.

Yep, me too...if I ever have the funds and inclination to 'trade up' (IPY has really grown on me, esp. w/ black accents), that would be my choice too...classic pop-up shape in a really nice colour...more subtle than IPY but still suitable for a supercar!

Problem Child
26-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Still prefer black and tan but no-ones selling.

Anyway all my other cars are black! so maybe a change is overdue

WhyOne?
27-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Yep, me too...if I ever have the funds and inclination to 'trade up' (IPY has really grown on me, esp. w/ black accents), that would be my choice too...classic pop-up shape in a really nice colour...more subtle than IPY but still suitable for a supercar!

Ah!

Evidence of you 'stalking' Y1 a couple of years ago Martin!!!

etang789
07-02-2012, 06:22 AM
WTF?

Isn't this the same car as in these two threads?

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8759-2001-Imola-Orange-Pearl-flip-lights-NSX-on-PH&highlight=imola+pear+orange

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9502-T7-nsx

The giveaway is the sticker on the rear nearside bumper (hard to get off I assume). If it is the same car as in these threads, then it's the car that I went to see in South Wales just a few weeks before I bought my facelift last year. Also, this advert from TargaFloriocars is the EXACT SAME advert that TargaFloriocars placed for the car, around 6 months before I went to see it (ad placed by TargaFloriocars around Oct/Nov of 2010).

I obviously didn't buy the IOP. Here's why:

- the previous owner to the seller I was talking to had indeed had the car for around 6 years, BUT... the seller had only had it for 6 months - this was as clear as day in the logbook
- it did NOT have a service book, and certainly no full Honda sevice history - the seller had a few receipts from work carried out by a local non-Honda garage
- it had worn rear tyres - the seller wanted £39K for it (joke); a car with worn rear tyres!

But having said all this, the car looked in great condition...

If these are the same car, then there is something very, very dodgy going on. If these are not the same car, I apologise to all concerned for my error.

Mani.

PS I'm currently working in Moscow but have printouts of the TargaFloriocars advert from late 2010 and the pistonheads advert from last year at home

Yes it does sound dodgy here, would there be anyway to verify here?

The guy at Targa Florio told me last night that the guy who bought it from him (£32k) recently offered it back to him for £35k just recently. I dont think he took it but he very kindlyt said he'd get it for me if I wanted!!! Two of the recent owners have bought this and then sold very quickly.....I dont think its for me!

What you mean? Im so confused here?