PDA

View Full Version : Going to see an NSX on Sunday. Help required.....

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Any members in the Midlands free this Sunday (29th January 2012)to look over an NSX that I am interested in buying. Any assistance would be appreciated as I have done the reading and the research and decided to take the plunge but know nothing about cars never mind NSX's.
AA arent interested and would probably send a spotty apprentice who doesnt know what an NSX is!
PM me if you're interested

sorepaws
25-01-2012, 12:34 PM
RAC may be able to do an inspection for you - for a fee but they will need access to a ramp

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 01:56 PM
What NSX you going to look at? facelift or pre facelift?

NSXGB
25-01-2012, 02:11 PM
What NSX you going to look at? facelift or pre facelift?

My guess would be a pop up in Staffordshire?

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Nah, The one in Staffordshire is well documented on this site and not what I want.....a targa!

This is a 98 3.2 Targa with 47000 miles. Anyone able to come along (shropshire)

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 02:54 PM
what colour is it and is it a manual??

sorry for the questions, just very nosey :D

havoc
25-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm pre-booked this weekend, sorry (plus I'm not an expert mechanic). If you can't get any help on here, take anyone properly mechanically-minded - the NSX is built using all the same bits as any other car, after all!
And if you can tell the mechanic what the weak-points are, he can focus on those.

Some stuff you'll be able to tell yourself though, if you've been doing some reading on here.

jpspringall
25-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Sorry for short reply but on mobile. When I brought my nsx I spoke to rac but the reply and I quote 'we can look at it, but it will be a glorified MOT test' and as someone else mentioned they will need an MOT pit.

One thing you could try once youve looked at it, if you are still happy with it, you could ask honda @ crewe if they would look at it as I know they have experience

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Sorry for short reply but on mobile. When I brought my nsx I spoke to rac but the reply and I quote 'we can look at it, but it will be a glorified MOT test' and as someone else mentioned they will need an MOT pit.

One thing you could try once youve looked at it, if you are still happy with it, you could ask honda @ crewe if they would look at it as I know they have experience
you referring to the Stuart Graham Honda Dealer? i am hoping to do an apprenticeship with them if everything goes well with my application. I had a look around the place today and it is a very nice set up.

Problem Child
25-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks RAC and AA both want c£300 for a visual inspection. Think I will use the checklist on the site and if I am interested I will arrange for a check by either RAC or AA. They also provide a data check for HPI, loans, accidents, mileage verification, write off etc etc etc

If a local NSX owner wants to tag along, I will cover expenses and buy lunch!

jpspringall
25-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes nsx-fan,
I have definitely worked on nsx's in the 2000's as they used to work on my old bosses nsx. What I can't say is they still work on them now. Though I think from your conversation with kingsley that he has taken his there recently

NSX-FAN
25-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Yes nsx-fan,
I have definitely worked on nsx's in the 2000's as they used to work on my old bosses nsx. What I can't say is they still work on them now. Though I think from your conversation with kingsley that he has taken his there recently
You must be very local then, i wanted to organise a northern meet for a photo session and pub lunch at some point???

From what the guy at Stuart Graham told me, most NSX's are serviced at Chiswick.

jpspringall
25-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm not anymore.
I'm now cambridge based.

James

Senninha
25-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks RAC and AA both want c£300 for a visual inspection. Think I will use the checklist on the site and if I am interested I will arrange for a check by either RAC or AA. They also provide a data check for HPI, loans, accidents, mileage verification, write off etc etc etc

If a local NSX owner wants to tag along, I will cover expenses and buy lunch!

If you have, or can get the reg no before you visit, you can HPI on line http://www.hpicheck.com/ from as little as £10. This will address all the history points you refer to.

Then take your time and work through the checklist on this site or the one on Prime when you view. Out of courtesy I would tell the owner that you wish to go through this list as to do it thouroughly will take upto a couple of hours.

Also, if you can get the reg number you could enquire about insuring the car so that you can, with the owners consent, drive the car if you're really keen.

Good luck, and great model choice ... ;)

regards, Paul

kingsley
27-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Oneillg,

Where abouts in Shropshire are you going to see the NSX on Sunday and what time. I live in Cheshire I may be able to meet up with you. I went and looked at 4 or 5 cars before I brought mine. The only one I have seen in Shropshire is a Red 1996 Targa N11 NSX. Let me know.

Kingsley

Problem Child
27-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Kingsley,

I have emailed, and PM'd the details and my phone number

thelimpingwhippet
27-01-2012, 03:53 PM
I have a 96 targa 3.0 and am based in North Shropshire. I am no mechanic but in the past 6 months I have experienced many of the "usual" NSX problems and fixed them. I am unable to get away on Sunday but might be able to inspect the car for you next week if the seller is agreeable. No expenses or lunch required!
Bob

Problem Child
27-01-2012, 07:24 PM
"Kingsley" has kindly offered to join me on Sunday, but if I am keen I might take you up on your offer to look it over next week...many hands make light work!!!!

Goot to say you NSX owners are all very helpful chaps!

simonprelude
27-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Sorry only just seen your messages.

I'm not available Sunday but am up there on Monday, is it private or trade?

Problem Child
27-01-2012, 10:10 PM
No worries, Private