PDA

View Full Version : Grand prix de pau historique 2012

matpp
12-01-2012, 09:14 PM
First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

The Grand Prix de Pau opens its doors on 5th and 6th May. More details here: http://www.grandprixdepauhistorique.com/index.php?lang=en

Details have just been released today regarding club enrollment so please let me know in good time if you fancy participating as NSXGB. Deadline for enrollment is 15th Feb so if there’s enough genuinely interested participants and you fancy a trip to South West France, we can book a club area. There are track laps available: 3 x 20 mins on Saturday and 2 x 20 mins on Sunday for €60 a throw.

This is our “Little Monaco”, THE oldest street circuit and being in town is open all weekend with the benefit of restaurants, bars and should you or the ladies need a break, all variety of shops.
I’m more than willing to sort out the French side of things.....anyone fancy organising the UK side?

I'll can post some links for hotels and travel once there's enough interest.

Cheers,

havoc
13-01-2012, 11:13 PM
:banghead: Damn...we're picking the mother-in-law up from Heathrow on the Saturday.

matpp
18-01-2012, 05:47 PM
:banghead: Damn...we're picking the mother-in-law up from Heathrow on the Saturday.

From the responses to this post it would appear everyone's picking up their mother-in-law on the Saturday......maybe there'll be more interest in the Le Mans Classic?

Anyone up for that?

Hagasan
18-01-2012, 06:06 PM
From the responses to this post it would appear everyone's picking up their mother-in-law on the Saturday......maybe there'll be more interest in the Le Mans Classic?

Anyone up for that?

A group of us were discussing this last month at a mini-meet. It met with quite a positive response by nearly all. One of the member here with LM trip experience was going to look into it....

matpp
18-01-2012, 06:16 PM
A group of us were discussing this last month at a mini-meet. It met with quite a positive response by nearly all. One of the member here with LM trip experience was going to look into it....

There's a bunch of us who go each time (every 2 years)......we always rent the same gite about 20 kms from the track. It's organised by Peter Auto (same as Pau Historique) who will be sending me details shortly no doubt.

Maybe someone should start a new post as there are entries for clubs within the grounds but we need enough takers......please not next to the Morgans!

havoc
18-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Me and a few friends were talking about doing the LM Classic this year - never been, really want to go...unfortunately Becs has thrown a rather sizeable spanner in the works by getting pregnant, due mid-June.

...so I suspect if I told her I was going off for a long lads weekend at Le Mans 2 weeks after we've had our first child, I'd come home to divorce papers! I've managed to swing a day at the SS Classic though...as long as timing permits! ;)

matpp
18-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Me and a few friends were talking about doing the LM Classic this year - never been, really want to go...unfortunately Becs has thrown a rather sizeable spanner in the works by getting pregnant, due mid-June.

...so I suspect if I told her I was going off for a long lads weekend at Le Mans 2 weeks after we've had our first child, I'd come home to divorce papers! I've managed to swing a day at the SS Classic though...as long as timing permits! ;)

Congrats BUT mother-in-laws and babies for me :snooze:

Senninha
24-01-2012, 08:37 AM
.....unfortunately Becs has thrown a rather sizeable spanner in the works by getting pregnant, due mid-June........

I'm guessing you had something to do with the 'spanner' ... congrats to you both, recaro babyseats fit the NSX perfectly and as Mathieu suggests, if they're close enough you've got instant babysitters who will want to be there ..

havoc
24-01-2012, 08:36 PM
:whistlesnonchalantly: Who, me?!? ;)

Thanks for the thoughts Paul...hmm, Recaro eh?

MIL is only 7 miles down the road, but doesn't drive. My folks are in Kent! Still, better than having no-one nearby, and we've friends with kids too, so we'll manage. The trick will be managing the income/cost equation so that the savings that are currently tied-up in the NSX are never needed...if I have to sell her I can't see me getting another one, as there'll never be £20k spare again...

Senninha
24-01-2012, 08:49 PM
...if I have to sell her I can't see me getting another one, as there'll never be £20k spare again...

And you wont get one for for that unless you buy a project ... I think the clean NA1's for £20k are history ... the only clean one I'm aware of being offered to market at present is offers ITR of £25k+ ... it is a mint FHSH OEM example ...

havoc
24-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Actually, that's a fair point. I need to get a new valuation for my car done this year...on the minus-side she's topped 100k miles, on the plus-side she's had a good few bits of refurb done by Kaz, has FHSH, and bodywork-wise is in VGC for a 100k car! Plus a couple of cosmetic mods...will keep an eye on the market, see what people are asking for.