PDA

View Full Version : Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire and surrounds meet - end of Jan?

Martin
04-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Hello fellow NSXers!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas eating turkey and washing your NSX..

Is anyone up for another meet.

I am going to suggest a venue:

The Ely
Morlands Lodge
London Road (A30)
Blackwater
Camberley
Surrey
GU17 9LJ
Telephone: 01252 860 444

http://www.theely.com/

It is on the A30, so will be quite easy to find if you dont know it.
It is about half-way between Hartley Wintney and Blackwater, and is close to M3 J4a.

I am going to suggest
Saturday Jan 28 OR Sunday Jan 29 depending on interest for a lunchtime meet..Any takers?

Hope to see you and my car's identical siblings there!
Martin

Paul G
06-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Mr G,

Looks like Sunday would be my only option, don't forget it's your round :wink:

Speak to you later

PG

Martin
13-01-2006, 08:16 PM
hmmm...for some reason I have come up as anonymous on the previous message, but anyway, it is me Martin!

simonprelude
14-01-2006, 07:32 PM
We'll probably tag along :)

db
16-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes please!
I'll be there in NSX (Monza red)

sportyking
16-01-2006, 08:15 PM
I will try to be there but at this time cannot promise.
Y1NSX, the car formerly known as Darrens car

Martin
16-01-2006, 08:44 PM
5 NSXs and a Ferrari!

Good to see interest building!!

Anyone else? Come on! What else were you going to do on a Sunday?

UltraViolet
17-01-2006, 06:57 PM
I thought I had replied to this already .... but the site keeps going really slow (for me), so perhaps it lost my post :?

Was going to say, don't know if at all possible.... but if this was going to be on the 28th Jan and you could hold the get together at Castle Combe.... you could add another red/black NSX to the list!

(No charge to come into the grounds)

Martin
17-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Sorry, no can do ultraviolet.

Mark B no can do and Paul G also from his message above.

Also, as I have been organising this for some time, it would be nice if it actually went ahead, if you understand. Hope this makes sense.

UltraViolet
17-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes no probs.

Just I will have to be at Combe as it is a fund raising (Cancer) event and I will be manning the Club stand.

Shame, with the meet so close, I'd have liked to add my baby to the throng.

Perhaps you will all be able to make the meet at Gaydon in March.

simonprelude
17-01-2006, 09:32 PM
How about going home via London ish Sam ??

You are welcome to stay here Saturday night.

sportyking
17-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Oops, just realised it's definately the Sunday, not Sat :oops: .
I'm meeting a mate at the Ally Pally Bike show, so can't make it.

UltraViolet
18-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the offer Simon, but I am already staying over near Combe on the Friday night (to avoid setting off at silly 'o clock) and so having done the meet thing already on the Saturday - I really should get back home Saturday night to feed the mogs.

Flinty
23-01-2006, 06:09 PM
So, it's Sunday for a 12.00 lunch ?
Venue as per first posting on this thread - pub off the A30.

You can count one more (possibly 2) travelling from Essex.
Me in Green 96 Targa and maybe one more.

Flinty

Martin
23-01-2006, 06:28 PM
Good news glad you can make it!

We now have 6 confirmed, 5 NSXs and 1 Ferrari:

Paul G + Simonprelude + db + Flinty + me in NSXs
and Mark B (the last owner of my NSX) in his Ferrari 575.

Correct, the pub is along the A30. The Ely, as advertised.
Details on previous page (ie 1 of 2), but if anyone needs directions please let me know.

Cheers and look forward to meeting you all there, and well done for doubling the green '96 NSX numbers Flinty! (me also)
Martin

Can anyone else make it?
Papalazarou, I know you are generally interested in meets - can you make this one, or is it too far for you? Will? Darren? anyone else?

senna786
23-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Dear All,

I shall try and make it depending on dry weather. Would love to meet up with some of you.
Shall let you know

cheers

TheQuietOne
23-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Would love to meet up with some of you.

Only 'some' of us? :wink:

markc
23-01-2006, 08:50 PM
My car is part way through my winter project of a DIY clutch change so I can't bring it, but I will come along on Sunday, maybe in the Mrs's S2000 if she'll let me, for the social and to meet up with a few fellow NSX'ers.

Cheers

Mark

kowalski
23-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Might also pop along on Sunday, but wont know for sure until the day. Nice to meet up again

duncan
24-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Big day out for Essex boys, add another.
Yellow Coupe.
Duncan

Martin
25-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello

I popped into The Ely today to book tables for Sunday 12 o'clock.
I have booked 2 tables side-by-side, for 12 people at a push, which as you walk in the front door, will be to your left as far as you can go.

As I dont know how many of you will be there, I booked for 12 people, as a guess.

The table is booked for 12 midday, so is it possible to ask you to be there a bit beforehand, maybe say 11.30 or 11.45, could meet at car park first then go in?

Can you confirm if you can or cannot make it, if you were unsure, if you are bringing partner/wife/friend etc, so that I can call The Ely Saturday morning to give them definite numbers. If you cannot confirm by then, dont worry, we can catch up after, but I should advise though that this place can get very full on Sundays.

Cheers,
Martin :)

Papalazarou
25-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi Martin,

I'd really like to come, but I've been to loads of *** car meetings lately and need to conserve some money.
It's also about 4 hours away from me so it's an eight hour plus round trip.
I'd be really interested to see some pics though, so make sure you take your cameras!

Hopefully there'll be something happening a bit closer soon.

Cheers,

James.

senna786
25-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Martin,

Don't book anything for me, as I haven't agreed it in concrete yet. Plus even if I can make it, I will only come if the weather is dry.

Hopefully I shall get a chance to meet you guys. I shall let you know nearer the time. I too would be travelling a fair treck to get there.

cheers

simonprelude
25-01-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll be driving from Bristol area, but won't be driving back there afterwards, how about coming to the meet on Saturday at Castle Combe ??

Hi Martin,

I'd really like to come, but I've been to loads of japanese car meetings lately and need to conserve some money.
It's also about 4 hours away from me so it's an eight hour plus round trip.
I'd be really interested to see some pics though, so make sure you take your cameras!

Hopefully there'll be something happening a bit closer soon.

Cheers,

James.

Papalazarou
25-01-2006, 06:55 PM
So what's the deal with castle Combe on Saturday, i've read the thread from Ultraviolet and still not totally sure?
Are some of you guys meeting up there, if so I might try and make it.

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
25-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Charity trackday and Honda mini meet :)

So what's the deal with castle Combe on Saturday, i've read the thread from Ultraviolet and still not totally sure?
Are some of you guys meeting up there, if so I might try and make it.

Cheers,

James.

db
27-01-2006, 06:20 PM
2 for lunch thankyou, db

Martin
28-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Hello all,

Just to let you know I have booked 3 tables beside each other, for a total of 16 people so we should be ok. If you are travelling quite a distance and running a bit late, don't worry, as I have explained to the manager there...Just try to get there for 12!

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Cheers,
Martin

simonprelude
29-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it today, bit of a late start driving back from Bristol.
Hope to see some photo's soon :)

Ian.M
30-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks Martin I enjoyed meeting you all and I was only sorry I could not stay for lunch. Is 6 NSXs (and a 575) a record for a local meeting?

I look forward to future events.

Ian

Papalazarou
30-01-2006, 10:31 AM
Where are the pic's then?

Martin
30-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Did anyone get to take any pics? I didnt get a chance, but would have liked to have some pics of 6 NSXs side-by-side. Unfortunately some people had to leave early, so as far as I know a group photo never happened :cry:

Ian.M
30-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Here's a couple, did not manage to get all six of them together so here is just five.

Ian