PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an NSX to buy in the UK

pauldl
04-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I am currently looking to buy an NSX in the UK. There are not many in the classifieds. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a good example, or indeed, have one for sale!

NSXGB
04-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Time of year might also be against you at the moment but there are never too many in the classifieds anyway.
Which model are you looking for?
Might be worth putting an ad in the Wanted section of this site with your preferences....

EDIT: Here's another site with a tempting auto if that's what you are loooking for: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/501/nsx/

trackdemon
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
My car is for sale but not advertised yet as I've got a few more bits to do to it in terms of pre-sale work (its had new brakes, tyres, exhaust flexi pipe, new battery clamp fabricated amongst other bits & pieces). Its a 1995 UK car, red/black manual with just over 70k and I've owned for last 8.5 years. Not using much nowadays so should go to a new home where she will be out and about again - these cars soak up mileage so it deserves to be used!!

scottg
05-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi trackdemon
I am looking for a manual car and would be interested in your car when you are ready to sell

trackdemon
05-01-2012, 03:06 PM
I'll give you a shout once I've put her back no the road Scott, she's SORN at the moment. Looking to shift it by April (insurance renewal time) but not a major problem when it goes - just means I have more time to enjoy her! ;-)

scottg
05-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Thats great I am in the market to buy now so if you can e mail me any pics and a price you have in mind it would be appreciated

markc
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Thats great I am in the market to buy now so if you can e mail me any pics and a price you have in mind it would be appreciated

I'm pretty sure Steve will have a picture or two or 2,000 ;) Someone will get a great car there.

Cheers

Mark

trackdemon
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Steve will have a picture or two or 2,000 ;) Someone will get a great car there.

Cheers

Mark

I have a few ;) But I've still not got around to a 'proper' shoot with her! I'm hoping to get access to a studio to get some experience, and she#ll make the perfect subject imo!

markc
05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
The old "Cobbers children" scenario ehh, your own offspring are the last one to get your expert services :)

I'll blow your trumpet for you, I particularly like the in motion red GT3 in the pitlane ... http://www.stevehallphotography.net/

Cheers

Mark

scottg
06-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Wow nice pics, must be one hell of an iphone!

Out_of_Sync
11-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Without wishing to steal scott's thunder (or provoke a bidding war), I too am looking to buy an NSX with the following spec (give or take):

3.0 litre, manual, no power steering, not imported or modified, good history, sub-80k miles.

If anyone has hints or tips (or one for sale) then please feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks

scottg
11-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I am sure there's more than one car in the UK for us to chase up, good luck, let's hope we both find a good example over the coming months.

markc
11-01-2012, 01:38 PM
3.0 litre, manual, no power steering, not imported or modified, good history, sub-80k miles.

I wouldn't discount a JDM imported car as they have the more consistently spaced, I won't say "better", gearing of the late model (1996-97 only) UK 5spd cars which all had EPS (power steering). Combined with the manual steering rack there is a school of thought that this (manual rack + JDM gears) is the ultimate combination and an early JDM car is the only factory way to get it.

You won't save any money over a UK spec car but provided you can prove the provenance they're great cars.

Cheers

Mark

scottg
11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks Mark,

I have an open mind on imported cars. The spec differences are very interesting, all I want is a good car with manual transmition and maintenance concerns me more than mileage.
I have not driven an NSX yet my toys have been an Ultima Sports (still owned), Superformance Cobra, CAV GT40, GTD GT40, Porsche 964 C4 so an NSX is a return to a more useable car with a great provinance

Cheers Scott

jaytip
11-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't discount a JDM imported car as they have the more consistently spaced, I won't say "better", gearing of the late model (1996-97 only) UK 5spd cars

Cheers

Mark
I would.I have owned both and the older (UK) car fell out of the VTEC range when you shifted up.The JDM gears don't.

nobby
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
i own a jdm car with the 5 speed box and manual non assisted steering - would not have the car any other way, and have driven both types BUT any NSX is exceptional. :)

you want the best car for your buck, plus you dont have a massive choice to choose from anyways

good luck in you searches to the both of u. truly great cars, u will NOT be disappointed

with all NSX's do your homework relatively straightforward; to buy but parts and dare i say it if u have an accident ... things aint cheap

scottg
12-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks, I am so pleased I joined the forum to start my search. Once I do find the right car I hope I can find some other owners locally as I live in Poole in Dorset and rarely see NSX's in this area

Hagasan
12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks, I am so pleased I joined the forum to start my search. Once I do find the right car I hope I can find some other owners locally as I live in Poole in Dorset and rarely see NSX's in this area

There's is an "old boy" called Jim down your neck of the woods, well Christcurch area. He has a red NA1 NSX with some rubbing strips down the side. We haven't heard from him in a long time and he was frequenting hospital. A positive sighting of him in his would be good news...

m666 edd
12-01-2012, 10:48 AM

I'm not too far as I'm near Exeter.

I say not too far but everywhere is far apart down here :)

scottg
12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
There's is an "old boy" called Jim down your neck of the woods, well Christcurch area. He has a red NA1 NSX with some rubbing strips down the side. We haven't heard from him in a long time and he was frequenting hospital. A positive sighting of him in his would be good news...

I will keep my eyes open and update you if I see him

scottg
12-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm not too far as I'm near Exeter.

I say not too far but everywhere is far apart down here :)

Exeters a good drive from me I have been to the Kt car show there a couple of times. When I find my car perhaps I'll drive down for a coffee and a chat
Kind Regards

Scott

richmills
12-01-2012, 02:59 PM

Hi Scott

I'm based just outside Christchurch and frequently drive my Blue facelift around the New Forest area. There's another member (indi pearl) with a yellow car who I keep running into in my travels around the area as well :)

Cheers, Rich.

richmills
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM

I haven't spoken to him, but I sometimes spot an pop-up red NSX driving around Christchurch. Last sighting was about 3 months ago...

scottg
12-01-2012, 04:11 PM
It's good to hear that I will have other owners nearby once I find a car of course

m666 edd
13-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Exeters a good drive from me I have been to the Kt car show there a couple of times. When I find my car perhaps I'll drive down for a coffee and a chat
Kind Regards

Scott

I used to quite often drive to Southampton and or just past Portsmouth and always thoroughly enjoyed the drive. Some fun roads along the way.

scottg
13-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I used to quite often drive to Southampton and or just past Portsmouth and always thoroughly enjoyed the drive. Some fun roads along the way.

Try one o the Goodwood Breakfast clubs one Sunday, it's an early start but another 30 minutes on from Portsmouth and worth the effort. I think Supcar Sunday is March and they have so many great cars whats more its free!

NSXGB
13-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Try one o the Goodwood Breakfast clubs one Sunday, it's an early start but another 30 minutes on from Portsmouth and worth the effort. I think Supcar Sunday is March and they have so many great cars whats more its free!

Super Car Sunday is May 6th this year.

EDIT: Posted all Goodwood BC dates in the 2012 Events section.

scottg
13-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Later than I thought but wrth the drive

WhyOne?
13-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Later than I thought but wrth the drive

Agreed.

You get to see some great cars.

And the occasional Bugatti ;)

scottg
13-01-2012, 11:32 AM
10869 Absolutely this was my old CAV GT40 when we took it 3 years ago (please note we are passing a Ferrari marquee for those of you that know the history of the 60's at LeMans

NSXGB
13-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Loving the CAV GT40. Would love to build one of those.

10869 Absolutely this was my old CAV GT40 when we took it 3 years ago (please note we are passing a Ferrari marquee for those of you that know the history of the 60's at LeMans

scottg
13-01-2012, 12:20 PM
It was a great looking car just so impractical I almost never used it. It is now in Italy I understand, next came a Superformance Cobra which has now also gone but I took that to Goodwood last year.
Now I am down to an Ultima Sports which I am going to sell to make way for an NSX

Unregistered
13-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Have always wanted an NSX and have decided to take the plunge! I am after the following:

Manual transmission
PAS
Targa (preferrably)
Any colour except white or orange (like dark blue, black or red)
UK Spec
No mods
No accident damage
Mid 90's model

Not worried about mileage as long as FSH in good condition

Geoff
geoffoneill1201@gmail.com

scottg
13-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Geoff,

I am also looking for a manual car but not worried about colours so lets hope we are both lucky and find nice cars.

Good Luck

Scott

John RH
13-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I have a 1992 NSX which I have owned from new, bought from Windmill Hill Motors in Swindon the year after the NSX was launched at the Motor Show. It has done 11,000 miles, has been garaged for the whole time and is immaculate. I have agreed cherished insurance valuation of £27,500, which gives an idea of the minimum value at which I would be prepared to part with this most cherished of my posessions. I leave that thought with you.

Unregistered
13-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Yes, I think all the NSXCB guys have nabbed them all and are keeping them to themselves! LOL

Do you have any pictures as I am close-ish to Swindon (Bucks) and might be interested to see it. Can you send me pics to my email address in earlier post

Thanks, Geoff

umran9
13-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I have a 1992 NSX which I have owned from new, bought from Windmill Hill Motors in Swindon the year after the NSX was launched at the Motor Show. It has done 11,000 miles, has been garaged for the whole time and is immaculate. I have agreed cherished insurance valuation of £27,500, which gives an idea of the minimum value at which I would be prepared to part with this most cherished of my posessions. I leave that thought with you.

Hi, that sounds like an amazing car! Is it an auto or manual? What colour is it?

John RH
13-01-2012, 08:17 PM
In 1992 they were all manual, and only 3 colours, red, silver and black, mine is red .. of course, it is the car that made Ferrari up its game.

umran9
13-01-2012, 08:29 PM
In 1992 they were all manual, and only 3 colours, red, silver and black, mine is red .. of course, it is the car that made Ferrari up its game.

Have you any picz of it?

John RH
13-01-2012, 08:35 PM
I have, I have already sent them to Geoff, let me know address to send.

umran9
13-01-2012, 09:20 PM
i have, i have already sent them to geoff, let me know address to send.

umran9@yahoo.com

Nick Graves
14-01-2012, 02:45 PM
11,000 from new!

Disgraceful. I don't feel so guilty for totally underusing mine, now.

bernev
18-01-2012, 07:59 PM
i still feel bad.....my 1996 has only done 10,000 miles....but I am going to keep it.

matpp
18-01-2012, 08:10 PM
i still feel bad.....my 1996 has only done 10,000 miles....but I am going to keep it.

That's 666.666 recurring miles per year according to my calculations.....do you enjoy driving it......is it sitting in your living room with Kandinsky originals?

scottg
19-01-2012, 09:59 AM
My god has anyone got an NSX with less than 10,000 miles on the clock (first time around)?

SILVER BULLET
19-01-2012, 08:08 PM
We certainly know of one sub 2000 miler here in the uk,

swhatley82
23-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi John, I'm also in the market for an NSX, could you send me pictures you currently have of the car as soon as possible as I'm looking to buy one this month
swhatley82@hotmail.com

Unregistered
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Hi John, Do you still have this NSX, I would be interested at £27,500 if the car is mint. email jon@xtreme-uk.net or call 01384 880680

Thanks

Jon Kirkham