PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Washers

kingsley
02-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I have two questions regarding headight washers:

1 My NSX MOT is due shortly. Does any one know if it is a requirement for the headlight washers to work. Mine seem to have given up.

2 Any ideas what the problem could be, Windscreen washers work okay and full. Relay behind seats is clicking when I push the switch with head lights up and working.

Any feed back or pointers would be greatly received.

Kingsley.

NSXGB
02-01-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't ever recall my headlight washers being checked for the mot.

Check pipes for blockages and try jumping the pump with 12v to check if it's working.

jpspringall
02-01-2012, 08:20 PM
No i dont think, they'll even test them, as i dont think they are a requirement, like front fog lights. As they arent required by law, they dont get tested.

Cheers

James

kingsley
03-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Many thanks for your comments. I was not sure if they were a requirement. I will look at the problem in the spring. Not bothered if they work anyway.
Thanks

Kingsley

Silver Surfer
03-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Headlight washers only for HID lights in current 2012 MOT requirement.

SS

kingsley
04-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Many thanks Silver Surfer. They can stay as they are......

Kingsley

nigel
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Possibly you should remove the entire system and send it to me so they won't be tempted to check its function.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
08-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Nigel, I thought you'd got yourself a fully working system now?
I've only used mine once in nearly 9 years and that was to check it was working before I bought the car... I'd remove mine in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the holes that would be left in the bumper.

Possibly you should remove the entire system and send it to me so they won't be tempted to check its function.

Cheers
nigel

m666 edd
08-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah the only time I've used them is when I've accidently leant on the button and then made a mess of the bonnet.

nigel
14-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Sudesh did help get me sorted but I still need the wiring system as these US models, (Acura) have a different wiring system than the rest of the world and several segments aren't included, the half staff aeriel and rear fog lights...
I'd like to have factory OEM wiring so either I could splice into mine or if I have to, replace mine.
I have every intent on getting rear fog lights as soon as I can find the bits to do so. I believe it's just the centre lens, switch and wiring.

Cheers
nigel

NZNick
31-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Does anyone know why these are always black (*), when the windscreen washers on the bonnet are colour-coded (**)?

(*) I think
(**) I'm guesssing

nigel
02-11-2012, 09:56 PM
It's just the way they come.
They do look the business if you paint them your body colour.

Cheers
nigel

UnhuZ
03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi,

the water tank has 2 separate pumps: 1 for windshield and the other for headlight washers... check to see if the headlight washers one is working.

Nuno