PDA

View Full Version : I'll be in the UK for vacation

MCano
25-12-2011, 01:04 AM
I will be in the Glasgow area (Dumbarton) between Dec 28 and Jan 3, and in the Birmingham and London areas between Jan 04 and Jan 10. I'll keep a lookout for NSX's while I'm in the area.

Mario
Sierra Madre CA, USA (Near Los Angeles)

duncan
25-12-2011, 07:18 PM
When[?] until March and then again between April and October, with 9 months of our English months you should, just say where you are.

MCano
25-12-2011, 08:10 PM
When[?] until March and then again between April and October, with 9 months of our English months you should, just say where you are.

I updated my original post. Sorry, I forgot that the month and day are reversed in other parts of the world. I do not yet have the address in Birmingham where I will be staying (wife's relative). We will choose a hotel in London when we arrive in Birmingham. I'll try and make updates while on the road.

Mario

MCano
29-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, I'm here in Dumbarton, and the weather is not NSX friendly. I doubt I'll see one until I get to London.

Mario

MCano
31-12-2011, 08:16 PM
If there are any nsx owners in the Galsgow area? I would love to meet you!!!! Otherwise, my next stop is Birmingham then London.

Senninha
01-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Hi MCano,

You should find the weather becoming friendlier as you move south. Be sure to let us know where and when and someone may well be close to you for a coffee break ...

Safe travelling and Happy New Year

Regards, Paul

Hondaboy
01-01-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm in Glasgow but the cars off the road and wrapped up for winter

MCano
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
yes, I figured all Scotland NSX's have been put away for the winter. When I get to Burmingham, I'll post my location.

Mario

havoc
01-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Aye, there's a few of us not a million miles away. I'm in Stratford upon Avon, if you find yourself out this way...

MCano
03-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Next stop is Birmingham. From there we will make day trips to surrounding areas, possibly to Stratford-upon-Avon. When we move on to London, we will be staying at a Holiday Inn near Heathrow. We will make day trips to London and other surrounding areas. I'll update when possible.

Mario

MCano
06-01-2012, 11:40 AM
We will be visting Stratford-upon-Avon today (Fri) from 1:30 - 4 pm. HAVOC is in the area, but I do not know how we will be able to contact each other. You can try my wife's cell phone 626-375-1140.

On Staurday we will travel to London. We will staying at the Holiday Inn near Heathtrow. Contact me at the hotel if anyone is in the area, 44-20-8990-0000 (front Desk)

Mario Cano

havoc
06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Just seen this Mario - only just back from work. Gonna struggle tonight and tomorrow morning (have a delivery arriving tomorrow, need to stay in), sadly.

Tonight, if you're eating out in town (possibly not given you've said you're in town until 4pm) I can recommend a fair few places:-
- Grants (Sheep St)
- Lambs (Sheet St)
- The Oppo (Sheep St)
...are all good generalist 'bistros' - Grants is close to fine-dining, all 3 do good 'European' food.

- Fuji is a decent-but-pricey Japanese - service is variable but food is usually good
- Thai Kingdom and Thai Boathouse are two very decent Thai places - TK on 'the gyratory' at the top of town near the river, TB is just across the stone bridge on the south-east side of the river.

Have fun regardless, and I'll be checking my e-mails on-and-off tonight - mail me if you've any questions.

Cheers,

Martin.

MCano
12-01-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the info Martin, and sorry we missed you. We ended up not having dinner in Stratford, but had a nice time taking in the sites. We did have some drinks at the Dirty Duck.

Although we traveled all over Birmingham and London site seeing, we did not see a single NSX. Although I was disappointed, I knew that the odds were not in my favor to see one.

Again thanks for the dinning recommendations.

Mario

Just seen this Mario - only just back from work. Gonna struggle tonight and tomorrow morning (have a delivery arriving tomorrow, need to stay in), sadly.

Tonight, if you're eating out in town (possibly not given you've said you're in town until 4pm) I can recommend a fair few places:-
- Grants (Sheep St)
- Lambs (Sheet St)
- The Oppo (Sheep St)
...are all good generalist 'bistros' - Grants is close to fine-dining, all 3 do good 'European' food.

- Fuji is a decent-but-pricey Japanese - service is variable but food is usually good
- Thai Kingdom and Thai Boathouse are two very decent Thai places - TK on 'the gyratory' at the top of town near the river, TB is just across the stone bridge on the south-east side of the river.

Have fun regardless, and I'll be checking my e-mails on-and-off tonight - mail me if you've any questions.

Cheers,

Martin.

NSXGB
12-01-2012, 08:36 AM
I live here and have only seen a handful on the roads....ever (obviously meets not included). Odds are definitely stacked against you....

Thanks for the info Martin, and sorry we missed you. We ended up not having dinner in Stratford, but had a nice time taking in the sites. We did have some drinks at the Dirty Duck.

Although we traveled all over Birmingham and London site seeing, we did not see a single NSX. Although I was disappointed, I knew that the odds were not in my favor to see one.

Again thanks for the dinning recommendations.

Mario

m666 edd
12-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah other than one local to me that used to be used frequently I don't think I've ever seen one moving. Excluding meets and shows of course. I've seen 3 or 4 parked and that's probably about it. Although I do live in the south west of England.

350-400 nsxs 'on the road'? Probably 10% or less being daily drivers and the rest hidden away for most of the year!