PDA

View Full Version : NSX Onboard

Rob_Fenn
19-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi Guys,

Today i uploaded two short clips of the NSX in action this year. With the Elise we are forced to run road tyres, but on the NSX we have sticky Dunlop slicks. Here you can see the amazingly quick direction changes it is capable of, lightyears ahead of what it was a year ago! This is despite the very narrow front tyres; when we eventually go widebody it should be phenomenal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-E5k02fz5w

Thought i would show you the night one purely because its a rare sight. Have to say it was a massive buzz driving as fast as you can without being able to see...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU1zS8X0AjE

TheSebringOne
19-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Wow, the night shots are amazing.

NSXGB
19-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice, thanks for posting. Sounds pretty mean. Will have to come along to see it in the metal next year.

Senninha
19-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Considering the grip slicks offer, the steering inputs look remarkable light. Are you running the EPS system and if so, have you modified it at all?

As per Simon's post, please do post up when you're back out on track for practice and race events, I's like to see this running as I didn't really get to see you at Japfest ....

markc
20-12-2011, 09:41 AM
Great stuff Rob.

How close can you get top Mr Barff's times, he's pretty handy. I did a Learn to Drift day at Silverstone with him as an instructor, he made it look sooo simple... it isn't!

How do you trigger the gearchanges then, I can't see hand or even thumb movements doing it! Is it full auto??

Cheers

Mark

Hagasan
20-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Great stuff Rob.

How close can you get top Mr Barff's times, he's pretty handy. I did a Learn to Drift day at Silverstone with him as an instructor, he made it look sooo simple... it isn't!

How do you trigger the gearchanges then, I can't see hand or even thumb movements doing it! Is it full auto??

Cheers

Mark

They have a sequential box in the car now with paddle shifts.... There's a kit on ebay for about £150 nowadays !! Nah, just kidding...proper pricey box in there now...would be great to have one...

I think the info wasin the comment part onthe youtube video, Hewland I think it said?

Does look fun but like when I ride the track on bigger superbikes, BH Indy is so miniscule for a car with some legs... I bet it would be great around the full GP cct at Silverstone

NSXGB
20-12-2011, 10:37 AM
You can see the left hand move on downshifts.
It lists the gearbox as a Hewland unit in the YT comments box as Gary points out.

markc
20-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I know it's a Hewland sequential 'box but I couldn't see the driver changing gear. Just had a good stare at the video and can just about detect some movement by the drivers fingers behind the wheel. Takes all the skill out of it if you ask me ;)

Shame about having to go widebody, it'll ruin the looks :(

Cheers

Mark

Rob_Fenn
21-12-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes, it is a Hewland 'box with Geartronics paddleshift, which has an auto-upshift if you so want it - nice and easy!

It has a different steering rack with adjustable power steering, so it can be finger light depending on how much feel you are willing to sacrifice. Pretty handy when you start to get knackered, as it is actually a lot more physical to drive than the video suggests...

I got within a second and a half of Rob Barff in ideal conditions, which i was pretty happy with. However, he showed his class when he was faster in the night than he was in the day - phenomenal! In fact, for 3/4 of the night session he was the fastest overall; amazing driver and a top bloke. Considering he has Le Mans experience and only has a £250 day rate makes him something of a bargain.

We are virtually forced to go widebody because of the limitation of the front of the car. Having said that, if we got close to the GT2 Le Mans car in looks, i don't think it would be to the detriment of the looks...

Geraint
22-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Great vids, night footage is stunning! Thanks for sharing :cool:

nobby
23-12-2011, 06:40 PM
cool! :)

she is errr ... quick!

Rob_Fenn
27-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks chaps :)