PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know this car?

Diesse 19
17-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi guys,
I already own a Crx challenge car which is great for the odd track day and now
im really tempted by an early manual Nsx which didnt reach its reserve on ebay a few days ago.
Its in Staffordshire i believe.
I would be really grateful if anyone could give me any info at all about the car,
Many thanks,
Pete

Hagasan
17-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi guys,
I already own a Crx challenge car which is great for the odd track day and now
im really tempted by an early manual Nsx which didnt reach its reserve on ebay a few days ago.
Its in Staffordshire i believe.
I would be really grateful if anyone could give me any info at all about the car,
Many thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete,

a link would be helpful but I'm assuming you mean this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250947342196?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Description sounds reasonable enough/genuine. If indeed it is the actual owner selling it and they have had it for nine years then chances are it's been looked after. Sounds like they have been attentive to work requirements on it....

It has the later wheels on which is a nice bonus and a few other mods. Appears that they want £20k for it. Pricewise sounds fair if in good nick but always worth a haggle if it's not gone now. Looks like the owner/seller is a car trader.....

Don't know the car so maybe others may chime in sometime or someone in that area help with a viewing with you?

Good Luck,

Gary

Diesse 19
17-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Yep, thats the one Gary.

Im veeeerry tempted , just a little apprehensive as I know they are quite complex machines!

Beautiful cars though1

Many thanks Gary,

Nick Graves
17-12-2011, 01:45 PM
The presence of an Accord Aerodeck suggests the guy is completely nuts and gives a lot of credence to the ad.

I'd be surprised if it's not a good car.

If you race a CRX, you should know what to look for.

Yes, the NSX is ancient & so some expensive repair will be inevitable. But it's only 15 large & that's the trade-off.

Diesse 19
17-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Yes he does sound as if hes quite committed to the car and the ad sounds genuine enough.He wants a bit more than 15g though, thats why it didnt sell.
Guess I should stop prevaricating and take the plunge, Ive always admired the model.
Thanks Nick

umran9
18-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Ive been down to view this Nsx 6 months ago, The owner Paul is a Honda Nut which is a bonus. He runs a Alfa Romeo Independant Workshop and Car Sales, The car itself is in very good nick in general and well maintained, However all the servicing and maintenance have been done in house at his own garage using genuine Honda Parts. You will have to allow some funds to spend on Crankpulley Coolant hoses etc etc as the car has been maintained to Honda service guide lines...

All in all its worth a look and a genuine car, I offerd him 15k for it when he newly advertised it but he wanted a little more, Im sure he will till take 15k now if you go down and view the car and show him your a genuine buyer. The guy is a car salesman at the end of the day so may not want to budge on price but just be persistent! Good Luck and hope you find the right car.

Umran

WhyOne?
18-12-2011, 10:01 AM
I have no 1st hand knowledge of this car, but based on the ad & comments, this looks to be one of the best NSX:£ deals to have come onto the market in a while.

havoc
18-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I have no 1st hand knowledge of this car, but based on the ad & comments, this looks to be one of the best NSX:£ deals to have come onto the market in a while.

Agreed...if he'll take closer to 15k than 20k, this is a steal, even being an early car. Probably worth getting it thoroughly inspected though, if possible. And definitely have a couple of £k war-chest aside to do any essential work...

Diesse 19
18-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks very much for your opinions on this guys, you have all been very helpful. I have to say this is one of the more welcoming car forums I have come across, and Ive been on a few, im no spring chicken!
Ive had a chat with Paul about the car and made him an offer. its right at the top of my budget so hopeully we can do a deal.
Pete

WhyOne?
18-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Fingers crossed for you Pete - - it would be nice for the car to find another home with a Honda enthusiast.

Let us know how you get along.

Geraint
19-12-2011, 08:27 AM
I agree that long-term ownership, an interest in Hondas, and looking for a DC2 are all good signs :cool: :)

Good luck & let us know how you get on :)

Diesse 19
19-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for that but its not looking great.
Ive offered Paul the sum he said he would take when messaged through ebay, however after talking to him yesterday he has decided that he wants more than that now!
Guess I must come across as easy meat to car salesman!!

WhyOne?
19-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Sounds like time for a 'well that's all I am able to afford, please give me a call if you reconsider' type message.

markc
19-12-2011, 12:46 PM
Ive offered Paul the sum he said he would take when messaged through ebay, however after talking to him yesterday he has decided that he wants more than that now!

Sorry to hear that Pete.

There have been several occasions when NSX sellers have change their minds at the last minute. Very unfair on the potential buyer :shakefist: Equally, many former owners regret selling their NSX and end up coming back for more :)

Can I assume that your forum name also displays an affection for large, hydraullically suspended French cars? There are a couple more of us here as well, although mine is only a CX (Series 1). It's good to know I'm not alone with my penchant for these slightly strange bedfellows :)

Cheers and good luck with the search.

Mark

Diesse 19
19-12-2011, 02:21 PM
He he, you guessed right there Mark, well spotted.
Not really sure what it is about them but I keep coming back to the DS, just doesnt feel right without one in the garage.
They provide a totally unique driving experience and of course the mechanicals are just so damn interesting, and very reliable once correctly fettled. I currently have a 72 Paris built D Special .

Re the NSX, i have heard nothing yet from Paul so it looks increasingly as if he is not really that motivated to sell just yet.
Fingers crossed!

Hagasan
19-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for that but its not looking great.
Guess I must come across as easy meat to car salesman!!

Could it be that the seller quietly lurks on this site and seeing that a few positive comments popped up he has decided he can play hardball now? Or that he's hedging his bets that the other chap who put his wanted ad up yesterday may enquire too?

Good Luck.....maybe going to see it with pounds notes might nudge him a bit more, if possible/practical?

Diesse 19
19-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Yes you could be right of course,didnt think of that!
Risky tactics though, he may not hook either of us, Im off to look at other cars tomorrow.

Crockefeller
19-12-2011, 06:42 PM
He may wait a while if thats the case, I won't be offering anything for it. I won't get involved in such games, doesn't do my Karma score any good :)
When a genuine buyer offers the price you ask for you should take it imo, good morals if nothing else.

NSXGB
19-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I would walk, out of principle.
Another will come along soon enough.
I was thinking the same as Gary, maybe the seller is lurking on here.

Geraint
19-12-2011, 08:17 PM
I'd also walk, out of principle. If he's said he'd take £x, and you've offered £x and he's declined, that's very poor form imo.

Maybe he's suffering 'seller's remorse' before he's actually sold it - unusual as the affliction normally seems to strike a little later... :laugh:

markc
19-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I currently have a 72 Paris built D Special.

Very Nice :cool: The CX is almost as mad, if not as elegant, as a DS and it's the car in my garage that probably makes me laugh (in a good way) more than any other... it's the daft rotating instruments that do it for me :D

We must have quite similar tastes as I have an equivalent to your CRX in a Ford Racing Puma. I wouldn't mind betting you have a big ol' luxobarge for the daily grind :think:

Cheers

Mark

Diesse 19
19-12-2011, 09:51 PM
You can read me like a book mark. P reg Volvo 940 2.3 estate, for towing the Crx and trailer!
Those revolving bathroom scales instrument clusters in the CX , and my old GS, are just fantastic arent they?

Re he Nsx, Sure enough ,the seller has emailed me and will settle for just 250 above the agreed price !
Feeling a bit miffed about the whole thing to be honest and may be cutting my nose off to spite my face but I feel that because he has tried to squeeze more out of me, on principle i may just leave it. You guys are probably right,there will be other cars.

Rob_Fenn
19-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I guess to be fair the guy has had the car for 9 years, and if he doesn't NEED to sell it, his mood may fluctuate! Agreed though, if he provisionally accepted an offer it is not good form! ;)

Diesse 19
19-12-2011, 10:11 PM
By the way, kudos to you TIltU, good lad. Karma matters!

markc
19-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Putting aside the poor form of bumping an agreed price, I wouldn't let £250 stand between me and the right car. Life's too short, as is the supply of NSX's, and a genuine, straight one (assuming this one is) is going to be worth that sort of money in a few months in the unlikely event that you don't love it.

By the way, my daily bus is a 2001 Merc E430T (7 seater). It's rather conventional compared to the NSX, CX and FRP but creamy smooth V8 power is very satisfying :)

Cheers

Mark

Diesse 19
19-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Yes I know what you mean Mark, Paul originally wanted another grand on top of the price agreed! Spose I just object to having my pips squeezed.
Merc sounds cool, whats an FRP?
Pete

Geraint
19-12-2011, 10:55 PM
£250? It does seem to be quibbling about loose change, rather than 'seller's remorse'.

I'd be annoyed, but I'd agree with Mark. The transaction will come and go, but if it's a good car, then you'll still be enjoying it long after the bad taste has been forgotten.

Senninha
19-12-2011, 11:01 PM
....... whats an FRP?
Pete

See post #21 above ;)

As Mark says, don't let a good one slip through your fingers . . .

Good Luck

Regards, Paul

Hagasan
19-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Best just go and see it to make sure you're happy it's worth even what you originally offered. You may see it and think no thanks. Prices over the phone/email are all just talk so far.... I wouldn't let the seller hood-wink you into believing he's doing you a favour selling it to you AND taking a bit more than originally agreed. Maybe when you're there with the original figure in hand and no more (£250 in back pocket) he may buckle at the thought of being so close to either doing or losing the deal.....well you've got to have a bit of fun heh!!

havoc
20-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes I know what you mean Mark, Paul originally wanted another grand on top of the price agreed! Spose I just object to having my pips squeezed.
Merc sounds cool, whats an FRP?
Pete

FRP = Ford Racing Puma. Great little cars - probably the closest thing to the DC2 but a fair bit rarer and with more kudos in some circles...certainly looks more hardcore.

£250? In principle I agree with you. But detach yourself from that and ask yourself if the final price is still a good (or even very fair) price for the car. If so, then as above, pay it and enjoy...the next one along might not be such a good deal... If it's already at a 'fair price' before the £250, and you're happy to be patient, then tell the vendor so. He may relent, he may decide to be patient too...

Nick Graves
20-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Give the man his £250 & GTF outta there with his car before he changes his mind, man!

Honda sellers are oft a fickle lot & he'll probably run down the road after you in floods of tears.

It's the cost of a wheelnut or somesuch.

A GS with revolving drims*, you say? Was it LHD? All of ours came with the Veglia rice-kit instruments (or should that be puy?). Not sure about the GSAs...

I too admire real Citroens and other weird shee-it generally.

*That was a typo, but so Inspector Clouseau, I had to leave it there!

markc
20-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Some pics... my Ford Racing Puma (No. 31 of 500) a.k.a FRP (Merc in the background)... my CX instruments... my "I've got the X factor" standoff (grr)...

GSA's had normal clock style instruments as did Series 2 CX's :( Citroen were being forced to toward sanity under the ownership of PSA.

Cheers

Mark

Diesse 19
20-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Very nice pics Mark, those FRPs look good and are quite rare arent they.
The Cx and Nsx make a nice duo, like the colour of the Honda.
By the way, my 84 GSA had the revolving dials!

Think I need to drive up to Birmingham to look at this Nsx, anyone want to come along for the ride?
Pete.

Nick Graves
20-12-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a vague recollection Citroen did finally tool a RHD version of the bonkers PRN dash for the GSA - about a couple of years before the BX replaced it.

Sort of mental thing they'd do.

Too busy for the invite, for a couple of months. Sorry.

Diesse 19
20-12-2011, 06:06 PM
You are quite right Nick, thats one of the reasons Im drawn to them,they really used to just plough their own furrow, totally unconcerned about what the rest of the motoring world was up to.
Honda seem to have their own agenda too, to a certain degree,with regards to quality of engineering rather than bonkers ideas!
Pete

Hagasan
20-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Very nice pics Mark, those FRPs look good and are quite rare arent they.
The Cx and Nsx make a nice duo, like the colour of the Honda.
By the way, my 84 GSA had the revolving dials!

Think I need to drive up to Birmingham to look at this Nsx, anyone want to come along for the ride?
Pete.

If you had said this a day or two ago I might have been able to assist....got tomorrow of but then back on shifts.....over Christmas :-(

Nick Graves
20-12-2011, 08:30 PM
You are quite right Nick, thats one of the reasons Im drawn to them,they really used to just plough their own furrow, totally unconcerned about what the rest of the motoring world was up to.
Honda seem to have their own agenda too, to a certain degree,with regards to quality of engineering rather than bonkers ideas!
Pete

You want to try a 4WS Prelude mate - I had a DS follow me out of Hertford once (I think it's Andrew Brodie lives at Hertford Heath) and I wasn't actually trying hard. But the DS looked like it was in a 1960's French steadycam reel! It kept up fine, but with a certain gallic flair, shall we say? It's a bonkers idea that really, really works.

Diesse 19
20-12-2011, 09:55 PM
You are quite right Nick,they are just amazing cars. They seem to polarize peoples ideas of what cars should be about. I admit that I disliked them until I experienced a few lifts in a friends early DS(frogeye). Even after buying my first one, years ago now i wasnt sure about it. Only after using one on a daily basis , and really acclimatising yourself to the controls and the way the car behaves do you seem to appreciate and understand the originality of thought that the development engineers of a vehicle like that mustve had. The suspension system alone was totally unique and it really works.
If it wasnt the best way of doing it, Rolls Royce wouldnt have used it!! its a fascinating motor.

I used to know Andrew Brodie, He ran Hypertronics for years. Lovely guy but deaf as a post!

Hagasan
04-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Anyone hear of any updates....did Diesse get it?

Diesse 19
06-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Hi again,
Finally got a little free time, off to view tomorrow! Excited!
Will let you know Mr Hagasan. Thanks to all for the input.

Hagasan
06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi again,
Finally got a little free time, off to view tomorrow! Excited!
Will let you know Mr Hagasan. Thanks to all for the input.

Good Luck...hopes it's worth the trip

Diesse 19
09-01-2012, 10:39 PM
The car was a little disappointing to be frank. Paintwork issues included considerable stonechips to the front despite it having had the front panel resprayed as well as issues to the rear 3/4 panel. only sizeable chips but in a really obvious place. The stereo system makes strange crackling noises and speakers fluttering too. is this an expensive fix?
A few other small items too, engine cover struts etc.
Coupled with the 99k mileage I think its a bit dear. What do you reckon?
Pete

umran9
09-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Did you try knocking the guy down on price? I reckon the above issues can be rectified for around £1500 max...

TheSebringOne
10-01-2012, 12:33 AM
The biggest budget would be a front respray, but gas struts can be re gased for £20-£30, speakers/amps could be fixed
by Kaz here reasonably. Whats the issue with the rear 3/4 panel?

NSXGB
10-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Hatch struts & speaker problems could be potentially fixed for around £250. It surprises me that someone selling a car like that does not get the obvious simple things sorted.

Geraint
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Stonechips on the front of a 99k-mile car? What is the world coming to... :(

WhyOne?
10-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Stonechips on the front of a 99k-mile car? What is the world coming to... :(

You are right, this is very much to be expected.

Y1 has covered half this mileage and the nose cone and front wings contain a myriad of stone chips. I consider this 'character'!

Diesse 19
10-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I know, its just that as a car dealer its really surprising that he hasnt bothered to do all these things, Would have been much cheaper for him to have the car sorted than it would for a prospective new owner who would pay more for the car if they were out of the way, Large chips on the top of the reat wing where it looks as if something heavy has been dropped on it or something kinda spoils the look of the car , I would probably end up getting the whole thing resprayed. Just makes me wonder what mechanical work may be lurking if the easier stuff hasnt been attended to.
Hes been trying to sell it for some time but as a dealer he wont move much on price.

NSX 2000
10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
You are right, this is very much to be expected.

Y1 has covered half this mileage and the nose cone and front wings contain a myriad of stone chips. I consider this 'character'!

Mine has coverd less than a quarter of the mileage, and I cry evrey time I wash the bonnet and front bumper with the amount of little stone chips :cry:

I think this could be my excuse to buy a CF bonnet :think:

markc
10-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Well done on being rational i.e. not falling in love on sight and buying the first car viewed :)

Being in or associated to the trade the owner has access to getting the paintwork sorted for less than you or I could. You could press him for a figure to buy the car with the paint rectified, to your satisfaction, but if you have doubts it may be better to pass on this one.

The stereo issues are indeed common and the fix/es well documented. All NSX's will eventually require this repair, along with the A/C controller. If you're handy with a soldering iron it's DIY'able for a few £s and hours. The fault might only be with one unit but you might as well repair both door amp/speaker units and the amp/sub which takes time.

How did it drive? Do you have a reference point for driving an NSX or is this your first? If nothing else it's a good level set for the next one you view/drive :)

Cheers

Mark

Diesse 19
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Thankyou for that Mark.
I deliberately didnt drive the car myself because I knew my heart would overule my head and make me buy it. The test drive seemed ok, no nasty noises and it seeme to handle well, as you would expect.
Ive bought shiny red sports cars on impulse in the past though,when I was much younger, and lived to regret it financially!
I think Id rather pay more for a better car unless Paul reduces the price which seems unlikely.
Come on fellas, someone sell me your car!
I need to experience ownership of one of these legendary machines!

TheSebringOne
10-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Paul, have you considered a film guard? A bit like a wrap?

Diesse 19
11-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Ive never heard of a film guard, tell me more please!

Nick Graves
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
The stone chips as a result of a blow over doesn't surprise me; that's one reason I prefer patina to blow overs.

The rear wings are vulnerable if you aren't careful working on the engine & stuff.

TBH, if everything else checks out, I'd beat him over the head with the radio & the other stuff; do you know how much they'd cost to replace from Honda?

Although you'd be nuts to expect perfection on a 15 YO old banger, he might come down a bit on the price.

NSXGB
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM

I think James is referring to this sort of thing:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/Products/VentureShield/

Senninha
11-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Apologies for slipping off topic, but I've used Armourfend on 3 vehicles (1 was my VFR). Most recent was my daily driver that covered 90k+ miles in under 3 yrs and the only chips were to wheels and side sills. All the treated frontal areas where chip free, even though the film was showing signs of being hit, none had gone through to the paint.

Armourfend is also guaranteed not to 'yellow' due to exposure to weather etc, whereas some others do not offer this.

I think James is referring to this sort of thing:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard_Paint_Protection/Film/Products/VentureShield/

markc
12-01-2012, 10:21 AM

It's like the clear film fitted to the rear wings (leading edges) of Porsche 911's.

It does protect the paint underneath BUT instead it picks up the chips/scratches/gravel rash itself, albeit to a lesser degree. Even when brand new you can't polish it to anything like the shine of paint and once pock marked polishing it results in an increasingly duller finish.

It'd probably be OK applied to the bumper/nose cone only of the NSX but anywhere else it'd look odd. I've seen some cars, mainly Porsches, with it applied across the nose and part way up the bonnet and front wings, which to anything more than a cursory glance is obvious, and frankly it looks daft. There's no question it will protect the paint but it also means you won't be able to get it really shiny.

Of course it's only really worth applying the protection to an undamaged area so you'd have to have the damaged paint repaired first anyway.

Cheers

Mark

sorepaws
12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
This one has Armourguard on the front, wing mirrors and rear bumper - you can tell if you look closely it was done 5 years ago. The cost was £600 - so about the same as a respray to the nose. Yes it can be seen, but it isn't distracting.

Papalazarou
12-01-2012, 04:36 PM
If you're going to keep the car for a while and the front end is in good shape, paint protection should be a no brainer. Especially on hard to match colours. I had it on both my LBB cars.
Unfortunately it doesn't work so well on concrete armcos:(
For me the best part was being able to follow other cars at meets or on the motorway and not wince every time a rock flew up. I know some people hate the way the paint protection looks. But in all fairness, if you use your car and you want it to stay in good shape, it works great. It also takes some of the stress out of ownership.

Cheers,

James.

markc
12-01-2012, 08:51 PM
As polisher of considerable repute I'm amazed you like the stuff James! Sure it saves a few stone chips but polished finish is pants :thumbsdown:

Cheers

Mark

HONDANSXR
12-01-2012, 11:21 PM
hi that accord aerodeck is or was infact a prelude gsi only built for 2 yrs on an e reg with only 54k mles cheers paul (honda nut)

NSXGB
13-01-2012, 07:53 AM
:laugh:
I knew it!

NSX 2000
13-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Paul, have you considered a film guard? A bit like a wrap?

It's like the clear film fitted to the rear wings (leading edges) of Porsche 911's.

It does protect the paint underneath BUT instead it picks up the chips/scratches/gravel rash itself, albeit to a lesser degree. Even when brand new you can't polish it to anything like the shine of paint and once pock marked polishing it results in an increasingly duller finish.

It'd probably be OK applied to the bumper/nose cone only of the NSX but anywhere else it'd look odd. I've seen some cars, mainly Porsches, with it applied across the nose and part way up the bonnet and front wings, which to anything more than a cursory glance is obvious, and frankly it looks daft. There's no question it will protect the paint but it also means you won't be able to get it really shiny.

Of course it's only really worth applying the protection to an undamaged area so you'd have to have the damaged paint repaired first anyway.

Cheers

Mark

James, Yes but I completley agree with Marks comments.

HONDANSXR
15-01-2012, 09:25 PM
the rear wing is not bent it is a carbon fiber type r from the states and it is an illusion see the nsx prime threads
the stone chip to the front is not out of the way imo on a 99 k car my wifes civic type s had the bonnet paintedat 26 k from new due to sc 's
the stone chips on the rear 1/4 does not imo warrant the painting of the whole 1/4 as it is original paint
the front speaker has clicked when u turn the stereo on ever since i have had the car 9+ yrs
the centre speaker only developed a buzzing noise then went away
i think paul only had 16 k to spend on an nsx he said he could poss go for 17k i told him the reserve on ebay was 17999 but was prep to take 17250
i have been selling cars for 22 yrs and it amazes me what people want the car (any car ) might be 98% stunning but the customer only picks up on the 2% faults only??????
new cars are not perfect but 20 yr old cars ????
sorry for the rant but i had to put my opinion out.....

umran9
16-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Could it be that the seller quietly lurks on this site and seeing that a few positive comments popped up he has decided he can play hardball now? Or that he's hedging his bets that the other chap who put his wanted ad up yesterday may enquire too?

Good Luck.....maybe going to see it with pounds notes might nudge him a bit more, if possible/practical?

Looks like you were right! ;)

Diesse 19
16-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Actually Paul, what started this whole thing was the fact that when I first contacted you after the car was bid to 15k on ebay and didnt sell, you messaged me that you would accept 17k.
I called you a few days later and after chatting about the car l actually offered you 17k., you obviously realised I was keen so said that you had made a mistake and that you had meant to put 18k. Not the sort of thing most people would try but I put it down to you being a hard nosed car dealer and although a bit miffed I was still interested in the car, thats why I drove up to see it!
Ive actually got a fair bit more than 16k to spend but Im hardly going to tell a dealer that when Im looking to buy one of his cars, and I think I would probably have bought the car if you hadnt tried to get more than the agreed price initailly, and had been up front about the paint defects.. I know its a 20 year old car but I think that most owners would have had that sorted before trying to sell. Maybe thats one of the reasons youve been trying to move it on for so long.
Good luck with the sale Paul.
By the way, my name is Pete.
PS Well lurked!

HONDANSXR
16-01-2012, 08:09 PM
you stated in the forum that i only read yesterday . that 16k was at the top of your ceiling
i have only had 2 people look at this car in the time it has been advertised and both didnt have enough money so picked faults

Nick Graves
16-01-2012, 08:15 PM
:D

That's one way of looking at it!

Diesse 19
16-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I think when Umran viewed it he had enough money, and I know that I have. Make of that what you will.
Even after all this I still havent discounted it. Just not sure you are as committed to selling the car as we were to buying it. Cant say as I blame you Paul, they are truly great motors.

Hagasan
16-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Potential sellers remorse is one thing but to publicly state someone doesn't have the money is not really on. I mean, how does anyone know what anyone else has? Did he have nice loafers or scruffy trainers ;-)

I'm sure many a car trader has said "that's all I've got, take it or leave it" Does that really mean he has no more dosh or can't afford it? Course not, it's setting a bar to haggle at... if two folk are then serious chances are a deal can be struck.....

Anyway, dirty washing and all that ;-p It's mostly a happy forum!!