PDA

View Full Version : 1991 NSX in Letchworth

kevinpsw
03-01-2006, 04:24 PM
I intend to view a red manual 1991 NSX in the very near future. It is apparently stored near Letchworth but its owner, who works for Vauxhall motors, has been relocated to Wales. The car has been advertised for >5 months in exchange and mart for 15495. The owner insists the car is in excellent condition with a fHsh.

Has anyone been to see it?

Greybloke
03-01-2006, 04:33 PM
No

Greybloke
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
OK I know that's not helpful :wink: I do live in that general area, and have my car serviced at Norton Way Honda, in Letchworth. The only one I am aware of, is a Yellow import for sale in Stevenage, although I'm sure this is a later car?

If it's a local car it should (logiclly) have been looked after by Norton Way, and they will be able to give you the history.

Good Luck :D

kevinpsw
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I have been to see the car and my findings could be of interest to other members looking for a car.

It drove well and, apart from a crease on the passenger door that had not broken the paint and the inevitable stone chips, the bodywork was fine. The later car wheels need refurbishing and the rears need new tyres. The passenger door speaker was not working. The normal driver's seat wear was evident and needed a repair.

The owner had a fully Honda stamped book but no invoices to support recent work done. The clutch was 38k miles old but working fine.

The asking price is £15495 but that would include various jobs the owner would get done as part of a sale.

I would have made a serious offer except the aircon did not work, a show-stopper for me that I forgot to ask about before I viewed the car.

If the lack of aircon does not worry you, it's definitely worth a viewing. Be quick though as I was told it was to be traded in soon.

The owner is knowledgeable about NSXs and it seems 2 of his brothers own NSXs as well.

The car is advertised online in Exchange and Mart.

Ian.M
05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
I think I have looked at this car, before Christmas and in addition to the above I found the front OS wing to have poor paintwork - crazing. It was also very dirty and had a broken rear wheel when I looked at it.

hope this helps.

kevinpsw
05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I didn't notice the crazing myself although the car could have done with a polish. The owner claimed that the cracked rear wheel was to be replaced prior to a sale. It will be interesting to see how much the dealer that takes it in PX for a newer NSX (presumably a Honda dealer) puts the car up for when the faults have been put right.