PDA

View Full Version : Engine compartment charging point?

Tokyo-Joe
22-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey all,

I've gone all out in trying to sort out my electrical issues (basically I leave the car outside, undriven, on my driveway 7 days at a time due to work commitments), I started with a brand new battery, I also replaced the negative terminal as it didn't seem to be clamping shut properly on the old battery terminal. Finally i've gone for a solar trickle charger to try to keep the battery topped up.

My question is that i've read in many threads on prime about a engine compartment charging area, i've found the positive in the fuse box, but the negative I just wanted to double check with you guys as to exactly where that is.

I've tried connecting the negative to the round "bolt" with a large '-' etched into the top, this is located on top of the throttle body after the intake and this seems to be okay but just to be sure, is this the correct spot?

I'm pouring through every page of the electronic service manual and thus far found nothing about this!

Thanks!
Joe

Tokyo-Joe
22-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Damn - looking like a fool here; I just found the page in the service manual ~ 23:99 haha. I can confirm that does indeed look like the correct place to charge from. Excellent.

Silver Surfer
22-11-2011, 08:50 PM
You can probably connect the -ve black terminal to anywhere where it is metallic....the car chassis and all metallic attachment is essentially should be all acting as 'earth'.

SS

TheSebringOne
24-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Hi Tokyo-Joe, glad you found the negative point!

I'm curious about what solar powered trickle charger you use & where does the solar panels go?

Tokyo-Joe
24-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I am unsure of the brand but ill check at the weekend, it was £20 from my local motor factors. The panel is quite compact and I just sit it atop the rocker cover, with the engine cover off.