PDA

View Full Version : Snow White blues.....

senna786
31-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Hello to you all,
Hope everyone had a good christmas and yes I was a 'sad' one to be checking the site on xmas day.

Just back in London now after spending 10 days up in bonny Scotland at the family home. Getting ready to go out on the lash this evening in London and show all you southerners how to really bring in Hogmany :lol: :lol:

While back up in Scotland I had the pleasure of taking my beauty out of her heated cocoon and being able to enjoy her on just a couple of dry days we experienced (yes there aren't many dry days, so gotta make the most of it). Anyway, awoke on Boxing Day to find some fresh snow and as I had cleaned her the previous day I thought it would be a good opportunity to take some photos of her in the snow.

Thought I'd share these with you. Enjoy.

PS: The dark green one is my mates old targa F-Tronic. Nice car, great condition.
The ITR DC2 is mine. Had it for two years, great fun and is what really got me hooked on Honda Engineering......... which in turn was the start of my expensive passion - The NSX

The 997 C2S is also my mates. Just thought I'd add one of the German Porker. Great car, but has on ocassions stuggled to pass my baby from a standing start :oops: :oops:
Although I'd say it is quicker as an all rounder..... :x

Take care all and have a good new year. I shall be on the Muhito's (not sure if I spelled that correct) tonight........ :D

Enjoy

Senna786

2004 3.2, 6speed Manual, LBB
2002 MCC Smart Passion (Tuned!!)
1990 Golf GTI rivage conv
1998 ITR DC2 (now sold) :cry:

senna786
31-12-2005, 02:47 PM
some pics that didn't come through on the first message

BrownBear
31-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Wow!
Great pictures, both of your car and of the CGP.

The blue looks fabulous against the snow. 8)

imvarma
31-12-2005, 07:43 PM
The blue looks fabulous against the snow. 8)
Agree! Great Pics.

01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
wow, that black one sure looks clean :D
Best wishes for the new year.
Peter

qureshia
02-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Hi

It is Emerald green and not black, great colour in real live however quite often looked down on as not a good NSX colour :?

It used to be my car now belongs to another member on this board

Cheers

BrownBear
02-01-2006, 11:22 AM
It is Emerald green and not black, great colour in real live however quite often looked down on as not a good NSX colour :?

Ah, very true - no one likes the idea of a 'green' NSX, and then they see it and go 'It's almost black - looks great!'. Shame, really - I think it's quite tasteful.

senna786
02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I had and have never seen a green one until my mate got his (pictured). In real life it is a great colour and with a good polish it always ceased to amaze me how awesome it lokked. It was a great car.

02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
It is Emerald green and not black...
Oh, sorry! :oops:
so THAT'S the car everyone's talking about!

osiris_x11
03-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Brave-man to be taking out the NSX in such treacherous conditions! Where are the tire-chains!?! :D

Charlotte Greenwas the name for Honda's Int'l market...

Brooklands Greenwas the name for Honda's North American Acura market...

Indeed it's a beautiful colour! I think of it moreso as a connosieur's selection, whereas Formula Red, Berlina Black, etc. are mainstream and enduring through generations.

Japan had a totally different offering: Hockenheim Green Pearl & the special order Lime Green Metallic.

However, I'm not too keen on British Racing Green on cars! I much prefer colours that are metallic -or- pearl in finish...

Past green cars owned: Honda Accord (emerald green) & Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 (spruce-mica green)...

britlude
03-01-2006, 05:09 PM
if it's any consolation, my '92 auto is Charlotte Green... I didn't want a red one! and I was out in the snow as well as the NSX is my daily car!

senna786
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes you're right the conditions were trecherous. However, I will say I have been the proud owner of her for over 4 months now and she never ventures out in the wet (nermind the snow). I just though she'd look awesome with a photo shoot and snowy background. So I took her down to the bottom of the drive and took these pics.

She is now back in her carcoon. And I shall now look forward to March time when I shall be doing a tour of Europe with a planned trip to the Nur'burg Ring.

On that note, are there many of you NSX owners who shall be doing such a trip this year. It would be great to meet up with some like minded enthusiast.

cheers

Senna786