PDA

View Full Version : nsx subwoofer

unclebob
25-10-2011, 10:00 AM
removed the subwoofer from my nsx today, what a piece of junk, sounds a thousand time better without it, worst hi fi ive ver heard in a 70k motor!

anyone upgraded the door speakers? suggestions anyone? would like to keep the OEM head unit.

cheers

NSXGB
25-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Was the amp knackered? If not, I'll take your junk off you?!

unclebob
25-10-2011, 09:14 PM
no the amps fine but im keeping all the bits i take off just on the off chance that i ever sell it, thanks anyway.

Kaz-kzukNA1
25-10-2011, 11:00 PM
As same as on almost everything, everyone has different taste/view when it comes to the audio sound and on top of this, your hearing will change over the years that a certain audio setup felt great one year may no longer be the same the following year.

For your reference, by disabling the passenger foot well AMP, you will have no sound from the foot well Bass speaker or the centre one located between the two seats.

In my view, this is a disadvantage especially when the engine is running as the engine sound will cover up some of the audio frequency range.

Personally, when OEM audio head unit (Alpine), the three AMPs (Bose) and all four speakers (Bose) are working fine, I’m comfortable to say that the NSX audio sound is not that bad compared to majority of the modern cars available as a hire car.

I was driving different hire cars almost every 2 weeks in different countries for nearly 20 years and it ranged from compact sedan to Ford Transit.

Although they were not the top of the range of each models, all of them had some sort of audio system.

So, I would say there was enough samples to backup my impression.

Under certain conditions, it was much better than the AMG F1 Safety cars but that's another story.

Some of the owners who visited my place for the Health Check Service also listened to my audio setup and all of them were happy with it or mentioned good enough for them as well.

I’m not an audio guru so I only use OEM setup + iPod adaptor and even using compressed MP3 file as the source of the audio, it still sounded good enough for my ears.
Again, something good enough for me may not be the same for you.

Probably, if you have a chance, may be it’s worth listening to the audio on another NSX??
You are more than welcome to listen to my audio when we have a chance to meet.

I prefer listening to my engine and header, by the way….

Kaz

m666 edd
26-10-2011, 08:57 AM
In the past I've looked at the OEM speakers in cars and they've often had holes in them!

As I don't drive my NSX a great deal I rarely ever put the radio on nor know how to properly operate it! I'm entertained enough by the car.

Nick Graves
26-10-2011, 10:41 AM
It's a typically Bose-y sound; a little bassy.

Fine for Planet Rock, anyway.

Mind you, cars aren't ideal listening places, so these modern cars with 58 speakers and 9 Amp intallations "by Jackson Pollock" or whatever pretentious crap manufacturers label it with are overkill & a waste of lightness.

havoc
28-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Mind you, cars aren't ideal listening places, so these modern cars with 58 speakers and 9 Amp intallations "by Jackson Pollock" or whatever pretentious crap manufacturers label it with are overkill & a waste of lightness.

Amen to that - been banging that particular drum to no effect for a while now.

In ANY sports car, the stereo HAS to take a back-seat to the engine...mainly due to the lack of sound-deadening and the poor acoustic qualities of most cabins. And when the engine sounds as good as the C30/32... :D

TheSebringOne
28-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Havoc, I couldn't agree more.