PDA

View Full Version : My first Mod

sportyking
29-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Just have to tell someone, I have started the long and expensive journey of modding the NSX.

Nothing serious, just the Smartenna available from Dali. It amazes me that OE stereo systems don't know to lower the aerial when using a medium other than radio.

My larger brake cooling deflector plates also arrived but I have lost enthusiasm for car work in the cold at the moment, owing to changing the clutch and various suspension/brake parts on my beater last week.

simonprelude
29-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Annoys me a bit but not enough to do anything about it !!

I just switch the stereo off and listen to the engine.
My Prelude used to do it, but as soon as I switched to an aftermarket stereo the functionality was gone, also with Traffic Announcements switched on it was always up anyway.

sportyking
29-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Good point about the Traffic info, I never thought about it :oops:
I will just have to stay off the motorways and out in the countryside :D

TheQuietOne
29-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Hi,

Good to hear you got the car in the end...thought you'd gone a bit quiet, and maybe something went wrong, but maybe I just missed a few posts!

I was thinking about one of those things but thought you couldn't get them any more. What was the cost delivered and how long did it take?
Cheers,

Matt.

AR
29-12-2005, 11:50 PM
I think I paid about $ 60.00 from SOS. Only drawback was that I had to add a couple of feet to the wire for the CD changer plug. Maybe mine was defective, or maybe the US version is different but on my car the plug was behing the CD changer on the right.

sportyking
30-12-2005, 01:36 AM
I got the part from Dali for $56 and shipping with the brake deflectors (very light aluminium plates) included was around $28, no taxes charged for once :D

Got hold of the NSX a couple of weeks ago but due to other Christmas commitments I have barely used it, and it's beginning to wind me up. Looks like another 7-10 days before I get to play properly again.

simonprelude
30-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Get some pictures posted, SOON !!

The ITR is currently blocking mine in the garage, oh and it still isn't taxed :(

I got the part from Dali for $56 and shipping with the brake deflectors (very light aluminium plates) included was around $28, no taxes charged for once :D

Got hold of the NSX a couple of weeks ago but due to other Christmas commitments I have barely used it, and it's beginning to wind me up. Looks like another 7-10 days before I get to play properly again.

Greybloke
30-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Got hold of the NSX a couple of weeks ago.

Well done!

Need pics to verify :D

Nick Graves
30-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Honda equipment baffles me:

I have a Prelude with the twig in the heated rear window. Ok, it needs a booster coil in the parcel shelf, but I'm sure it's altogether lighter than an electrically-retracting twig.

I assumed the NSX would have the same.

ChrisR
30-12-2005, 10:56 PM
The NSX has two aerials, one in the glass and the retractable one in the rear wing.

Chris.

sportyking
31-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Does that mean I could still receive radio without the electric aerial fitted, just lesser quality and range available?? Hmmm!!!!

I have no idea how to host/post photos on here and I am a satellite on someone elses network from home, so does anyone fancy hosting a couple of piccies of Y1 next to my now departed S on the day it arrived. Miserable weather of course so the shine is a bit less than the pictures Darren posted of it a while back.

01-01-2006, 01:30 PM
The NSX has two aerials, one in the glass and the retractable one in the rear wing.
Chris.
I believe the US model has 2 antennas; rest of the world got one (the retractable one)