PDA

View Full Version : OEM NA2 Headers on NA1 - do the 02 wires need extending?

Tokyo-Joe
12-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Hey all,

Pretty much as the title says, I'm going for NA2 headers on my NA1 and was wondering if I need to order a harness extension for the 02 sensors?

Thanks,
Joe

Tokyo-Joe
26-10-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm going to answer this for anyone who ends up in this position; yes na2 headers do require the wires to be extended just like an aftermarket header :)

Kaz-kzukNA1
26-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Bit too late for you but if you are re-using the old OEM O2 sensors from the original NA1 kit, then you can put the front one in the rear port.

The cable length of the NA1 OEM Front O2 sensor is longer than the Rear one and just enough to be used at the NA2 Rear bank without extension.

Then, you can just extend the NA1 Rear one and use it at the NA2 Front bank.

Having said this, for pre OBD-II O2 sensors with lots of mileage (like 60K miles), I would just replace them with the new ones while you are installing the headers.

Even if it didn’t trigger the Engine Check Light, it could fail to the level where it affects dramatically the engine fuel timer yet not enough to trigger the ECL especially on the pre OBD-II models.

I normally just buy the new NGK/NTK or Denso O2 sensors from US.

By the way, very cost effective modification by using the NA2 headers.
If you used the NA2 OEM heat shield, you will need to trim it off a little by the A/C compressor bracket at the Front bank.
You will need to juggle for a long time for the installation of NA2 Rear heat shield but no cutting required.

Kaz

Tokyo-Joe
27-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Thanks Kaz, hopefully this will be useful future information.

I am going to dyno my car soon so I will post up the results of the header.

NSXGB
27-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Kaz, hopefully this will be useful future information.

I am going to dyno my car soon so I will post up the results of the header.

Will be interesting, did you dyno before?

Tokyo-Joe
27-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately not :(

It's not a clear test either as I have some other modifications but I'm really keen to get some figures anyway.

Tokyo-Joe
29-10-2011, 06:41 PM
I got my car back today with pride exhaust, decats, Sudesh intake, na2 headers and dual cone filters in stock airbox, by god the power difference is stunning.. I can't wait to dyno it. I raced my friends 330hp rx7 which used to pull on me and I clearly pulled on his car instead. Superb :D gotta stop grinning..