PDA

View Full Version : ipod connection to NSX Bose?

unloaded
28-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Has anyone tried to connect their ipod (nano/mini/ipod) to their standard NSX Bose stereo, and I don't mean via FM radio or by inserting a connection cassette?

What wires are available at the loom to aux out?

:?:

markc
31-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I did this with a Blitzsafe CD/Auxilliary adapter, pretty sure the one I have is model Honda - Hon/M-Link1 V.1D (www.blitzsafe.com). Ordered it from these guys.... www.logjamelectronics.com/ipodacura.html

It fits inline between the head unit and the CD Changer cable if you have a CD changer but it doesn't matter if you don't.
It provides a couple of meters of cable with an iPod connector on the end which both charges the iPod and supplies iPod line out (iPod volume has no effect) to the stock NSX headunit.
No iPod control is offered so you really need to keep the iPod in the car rather than in the boot.
I routed the cable under the centre console, around the gear lever and out by the armrest/cubby hole where the iPod can also be safely stashed.
Selection between CD and iPod is achieved by pressing the "Up Disc >>" and "Down Disc <<" buttons at the same time, the display changes to cd1:99 and plays from the iPod. Works very well. :D

Blitzsafe have just launched a Universal iPod interface, not sure how that'll work tho'.

There's lots of info re hooking up an iPod over on NSX Prime including some alternatives to the Blitzsafe device, try this link for starters....
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59748

Cheers

Mark

Mr_Spanners
04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
It's worth noting that some of the other products don't allow you to use the CD changer (if you have one) once the i-Pod interface is connected .... the new Blitzsafe unit seems to be the best piece of kit as Mark has pointed out!

~Phil.

unloaded
17-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the responses - I read through all the links and think the PIE adapter is the closest fit to what I want - more control from the OEM stereo and better quality than my current tape adapter.
Has anyone ordered one of these from the UK?