PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know this Imola NSX?

ZeeSpeed
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
http://pistonheads.com/sales/3211435.htm

Looks keenly priced however the wing and doors look to be a slight different shade.

Silver Surfer
01-10-2011, 10:06 PM
see this thread...

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9425-NSX-on-Pistonheads-3.2-for-under-%A320k

SS

MattS
02-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi, it's been a long time since I last posted!

Have you seen this one http://pistonheads.com/sales/3284700.htm

Godinbanks are selling it on my behalf. It's a very good car, totally original as far as I know except the coolant bottle, SOS intake and the SS exhaust. When we priced mine we looked at the other orange one for sale and it just didn't look right...The Godinbanks description is totally accurate.

Cheers,

Matt

NSXGB
02-10-2011, 08:01 AM
That sounds way too cheap Matt!
I remember that one coming up for sale just after I bought mine 8 years ago.

Silver Surfer
02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi, it's been a long time since I last posted!

Have you seen this one http://pistonheads.com/sales/3284700.htm

Godinbanks are selling it on my behalf. It's a very good car, totally original as far as I know except the coolant bottle, SOS intake and the SS exhaust. When we priced mine we looked at the other orange one for sale and it just didn't look right...The Godinbanks description is totally accurate.

Cheers,

Matt

Great car....will be a bargain bucket for prospective owner.

Hope it goes to an enthusiast but I reckon a trade-dealer will buy it and put it back for sale for £26-28K within a day of purchase.

SS

Jammy
02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Can't decide how I feel about this - I bought my NSX from Godin Banks just a couple of weeks ago and thus far it's been absolutely fantastic, but mine is an NA1, 6 years older, and has 10,000 more miles on the clock, and there is just a couple of £k's difference in the price!

If I'd known this one was coming I think it may have been a no brainer, but I didn't and so guess it's just one of those things. Good luck to whoever snaps up what looks like a bargain.

havoc
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Looks like a hell of a bargain for a 3.2 - I agree with SS that this is almost certain to go to a dealer...really hope not though.

Nick Graves
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Me three.

Quite a provenance too.

Having trouble convincing Karen it's a practical replacement for her EK4 though...

Papalazarou
02-10-2011, 01:56 PM
It's obviously a free market and people can do what they want. But I'm with everyone else on this thread. It's advertised too cheap. Which is at odds with a comprehensive and optimistic advert.
The only good thing about some traders inflating values is that it does boost the market to a point. Although I think that everything finds its level. The red 96 targa didn't sell for mid thirties for a reason.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
02-10-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm in agreement too and think another £3-4K on top is quite realistic, but its up to the seller & people's
circumstances are not always the same?

MattS
02-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the positive comments!

It's a great car and it's priced to sell.

Unfortunately when I took it to GodinBanks, the electric power steering (EPS) light came on after turning full lock in their car park. The same thing happened about 3 or 4 years ago, so I took it to Honda (Bexleyheath) and they investigated. Simon, the chief NSX man there told that there was nothing wrong apart from the battery having a low charge and that he'd seen it a few times. Apparently the EPS system will register a fault if it detects a low voltage and this happens when turning the wheel full lock while stationary or moving very slowly. Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery returned things to normal. Lo and behold, after charging the battery it was fine for a number of years. Problem solved, or so I thought...until the day I wanted to sell it! Bloody typical!

I wanted to put the car up for about £24k, however a red light is a red light and if there is a problem (despite Honda's explanation) then this needs to be made apparent to the buyer. GodinBanks understandably only have my word for the explanation and were reluctant to put the car up for top money with a potential fault. We are being honest, but also do not want any come back should the EPS cause problems for the new owner. Any owner will be made aware of the situation.

It is a great car and whoever buys it will get a bargain.

Thanks again for your feedback and positive comments,

Matthew

MattS
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Just came across this thread....If only I'd seen it before!! http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?7051-Power-Steering-EPS/page3&highlight=power+steering

NSXGB
02-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Regarding the ABS fault, check out Kaz's recent blogs. The probable fix for the problem is not as costly as you may have factored into your sale. Your car though and your decision. Good luck with the sale.

AR
02-10-2011, 05:34 PM
I will say that for the mileage the price is right. Most people are allergic to cars with over 100k miles.

Just cause some overpaid does not mean that the cars are going up, plus summer is over.

simonprelude
03-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I will say that for the mileage the price is right. Most people are allergic to cars with over 100k miles.

Just cause some overpaid does not mean that the cars are going up, plus summer is over.

I think it's too cheap, it's less than what I sold mine for and probably in better condition.

MattS
03-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Hi Simon,
Please excuse me asking but roughly what did you get for yours. Pm me if you prefer.Thanks.
Matt

tapav
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm pleased to say this didnt go to a trader.. Because its now mine! Extremely pleased with it.. what a machine!!

Glad to be amoungst your ranks at last!

pav

havoc
10-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Congrats pav - keep us posted on how you find NSX ownership...

Hagasan
10-10-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm pleased to say this didnt go to a trader.. Because its now mine! Extremely pleased with it.. what a machine!!

Glad to be amoungst your ranks at last!

pav

Erm, wasn't it already with a trader for sale?? Congrats on what looks like a good deal.....

AR
11-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Lol just caused you got lucky

markc
11-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Nice one Pav, welcome to the NSXCB and the I.O.P (Imola Orange Pearl) sub branch :cool:

Cheers

Mark

TheSebringOne
12-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Congrats Pav and welcome. Some nice pictures please in due course.

MattS
13-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Congratulations Pav, Justin told me it had been sold to a really nice bloke so I'm happy.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and get to use it a bit more!!
As you know, the car's history is really interesting and I hope Justin passed on the mag articles and journalist's book etc..
All the best,
Matthew

markc
13-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Differant car Matt, this one is(was) ...ULL not ...OLU.

They're both ex HUK press cars but I'm not sure where R462 ULL has been living since leaving the HUK fleet but P27 OLU is the ex Justin/Simon car.

Cheers

Mark

tapav
13-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Think u may have ur wires crossed a little Markc.. Justin(well anthony really) was the guy that sold it to me on behalf of MattS. It is ULL and got plenty of history. Including a melted A/C circuit board! a few little refinements to do and photos on the way ;)