PDA

View Full Version : The cost of NSX parts - part 2

Nick Graves
30-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I've cribbed this from a thread on S2Ki, as it's probably of some interest:

jody, on 29 September 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

I remember a particularly slow day a number of years ago when I added up the cost of all the
NSX components on EPC. Came to a whisker over £443,000 in the end - mind you each alu panel
(wing/Quarter,etc) is around 2k + vat...

Don't clout the front wheels too hard either, a wheel is £1300 + vat, hub £1500, lower arm £1000
and a steering rack £7907....

...Prices seem to have come down a little bit recently - a standard NSX gearlever is now only £326 + vat
whereas the NSX-R version is £468. A lot of the prices seem fairly comparable between the two now apart
from some major componentry - i.e, crank on a standard car is £3645, NSX-R is £4544..

Mind you, at least the rack is unassisted so that is only £1292 for a new one....

...prices were as of this morning on Honda EPC. To be fair, some of the prices do seem to have come
down a bit in the last year or two - now they are merely ridiculous...

So the moral of the story is, if you really, really want an NSX, you can buy one new. You might however prefer a McL and a 911 for shopping instead. And a shedload of change.

NSXGB
30-09-2011, 07:57 PM
The price of packaging is a bitch.

Nick Graves
01-10-2011, 07:36 PM
:D

That'd be a shedload of bubblewrap.

But what a great kit to assemble!

goldnsx
01-10-2011, 09:13 PM
So the moral of the story is, if you really, really want an NSX, you can buy one new. You might however prefer a McL and a 911 for shopping instead. And a shedload of change.
Luckily, not every single parts needs to be changed. Don't believe in McL and 911s doesn't break anything. Have a look at their parts prices and you'll soon find out that you'll need a tree of cash in your homeyard. :)

Nick Graves
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Luckily, not every single parts needs to be changed. Don't believe in McL and 911s doesn't break anything. Have a look at their parts prices and you'll soon find out that you'll need a tree of cash in your homeyard. :)

I was thinking more if you wanted to make a completely new NSX, probably from a chassis number.

You could do it with an MGB, but I wouldn't want to.

AR
03-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Just Honda trying to fe pup the USD 18K they lost on each car!