PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Cold Air Intake!

Tokyo-Joe
23-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Hi guys,

I have a brand new Cold Air Intake for the NSX for sale. Pic to follow.

It's a lovely piece and brand new from Sudesh.

I'm looking for £100, i'm located in Hertfordshire!

Reason for sale is I opened up my car to fit this today and god damnit - got one fitted already! Doh.

Thanks,
Joe

TheSebringOne
23-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Joe, might be a good idea to post a picture.

Cheers & good luck with the sale.

Hondaboy
23-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Does the nsx need an aftermarket air intake?

Isn't the standard system as good as it gets?

Not being cheeky just wondered what the thoughts are on the subject, because if the system being sold is an improvement on standard then it's the cheapest nsx mod I've heard of and worth every penny.

Senninha
23-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Honda R&D will have spent a lot of time/money to develop a good system, but, dont forget that at the time the Japanese had a gentlemans agreement to limit power to <280hp.

On its own the airbox isn't likely to make much differnce other than to intake noise. However, if you have or are thinking of changing the stock manifold and exhaust then together the package will delver rewards on the 3.0 cars.

My car initially ran with just aftermarket exhaust from H&S. When I installed the Procar intake system the car was noticeably more pleasurable to drive, reving more freely, so clearly the stock intake was restricting performance.

HTH

Does the nsx need an aftermarket air intake?

Isn't the standard system as good as it gets?

Not being cheeky just wondered what the thoughts are on the subject, because if the system being sold is an improvement on standard then it's the cheapest nsx mod I've heard of and worth every penny.

Hondaboy
23-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Well might be worth thinking about then.
I'm looking into exhausts at the moment now I've got all the necessary repairs and servicing up to date on the car.
Not looking to go mad though as the bank balance has taken quite a beating the last couple of months lol
Exhaust and intake will do for now.
Sorry turning this for sale thread into a tuning discussion

Honda R&D will have spent a lot of time/money to develop a good system, but, dont forget that at the time the Japanese had a gentlemans agreement to limit power to <280hp.

On its own the airbox isn't likely to make much differnce other than to intake noise. However, if you have or are thinking of changing the stock manifold and exhaust then together the package will delver rewards on the 3.0 cars.

My car initially ran with just aftermarket exhaust from H&S. When I installed the Procar intake system the car was noticeably more pleasurable to drive, reving more freely, so clearly the stock intake was restricting performance.

HTH

Tokyo-Joe
24-09-2011, 09:36 AM
No problem at all!

It isn't a replacement air box, it is a much larger replacement air intake scoop - you can't actualy see it unless you open up your wheel arch lining, i'll try and grab a couple of pictures now..

Here is Sudesh's example with his aftermarket model vs the stock air intake:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/JDMYELLOW/SAM_3698.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/JDMYELLOW/SAM_3697.jpg

Here is my unit:
http://www.180sx.co.uk/wp-content/gallery/nsx/airintakescoop.jpg

I'm not going to try and make any horsepower gain claims but i'm sure it will help :)

I have a local member quite keen on this so i'm gonna hold it until I see him next week and see if he wants to take it, i'll update this thread then.

Tokyo-Joe
25-09-2011, 07:04 PM
This is sold to a local member :)