PDA

View Full Version : NSX on Pistonheads - 3.2 for under £20k?

sigilobaphomet
12-09-2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3211435.htm

kevinpsw
12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
I believe this car has been fo sale several times in recent years and was previously owned by a NSXCB member. There could be some important details that the seller has forgotten to include in the advert. They'll be a thread about it somewhere on this site.

p33tef
12-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone got details im interested

TheBeagler
12-09-2011, 05:21 PM
You should find all you need if you search for "Arys old car" :-D.

p33tef
12-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Cheers so is this definately the crash damaged one? If so i will stay clear

Hagasan
12-09-2011, 08:29 PM
If this is Ary's old bumped car then the seller said "hpi clear iv had the car for the last 3 years and have had no problems" so was it claimed on the insurance for the repair? I believe Ary's car has been repaired twice.

Anyway, that's the lot for my speculation..... It's always buyer beware but if blatant lying is evident to then that's just not on.....

p33tef
12-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Can anyone confirm if it is the same car then?

Silver Surfer
12-09-2011, 08:59 PM

Is the car door different colour?

SS

TheBeagler
12-09-2011, 09:31 PM
It doesn't say HPI clear on the PH ad....and it's not like the seller is asking for £30k.....

Hagasan
12-09-2011, 10:13 PM
It doesn't say HPI clear on the PH ad....and it's not like the seller is asking for £30k.....

Maybe not but when ask he said it was clear. If it isn't then a blatant & illegal lie...

simonprelude
12-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Maybe not but when ask he said it was clear. If it isn't then a blatant & illegal lie...

Just because someone has made a claim (and someone else previously) doesn't mean that this car can't be HPI clear, not all claims are recorded.

214nsx
12-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Went to view this car on monday morning seller not been very honest, told me 5 owners on v5 and hpi clear, but was 10 owners and recorded as written off, when I done the HPI check on the car ,the front end was repaired by cheap, air con system incomplete,( not working ) pipes is missing, front end will need respray,bonnect is rubbing the headlight when open or close, 1 front fog lamp is not working, disks and pads will need to be replaceing , rear tyres need replaceing ABS TCS lights stay on, suspension feel soft.

THIS CAR USE TO HAVE THIS PRIVATE PLATE ( T 1 NSX ).

phillip

Hagasan
13-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Just because someone has made a claim (and someone else previously) doesn't mean that this car can't be HPI clear, not all claims are recorded.

Yes I know that but......given the fact the price is so noticeably low the seller must know there is something not quite adding up and should be upfront when asked. He doesn't have to divulge unless asked but should be truthful when the question is asked....

Like other posts, poo-poo'ing other cars, I don't want to get too embroiled in the specifics other than to alert any potential buyers. I could be wrong but I have bought & sold loads of cars over the years to know the "game"

Hagasan
13-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Went to view this car on monday morning seller not been very honest, told me 5 owners on v5 and hpi clear, but was 10 owners and recorded as written off, when I done the HPI check on the car ,the front end was repaired by cheap, air con system incomplete,( not working ) pipes is missing, front end will need respray,bonnect is rubbing the headlight when open or close, 1 front fog lamp is not working, disks and pads will need to be replaceing , rear tyres need replaceing ABS TCS lights stay on, suspension feel soft.

THIS CAR USE TO HAVE THIS PRIVATE PLATE ( T 1 NSX ).

phillip

Well Phil,

you confirmed my post above this one. Thank you. If I remember correctly Ary still has the T1 NSX plate on retention.....

Thanks,

Gary

p33tef
13-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the confirmation guys glad i checked on here. Anybody seen the white wide body nsx on pistonheads in the flesh

Hagasan
13-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the confirmation guys glad i checked on here. Anybody seen the white wide body nsx on pistonheads in the flesh

Yes, but only briefly so can't really comment. I thought it was a girl called Lorna that owned it? If it's up in Scotland now then maybe she sold it......Unless I have the wrong car...

214nsx
13-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Well Phil,

you confirmed my post above this one. Thank you. If I remember correctly Ary still has the T1 NSX plate on retention.....

Thanks,

Gary

any time gary.

p33tef
13-09-2011, 12:41 AM
No its a guy it is not Lornas this is the first of the icetronix ones with the pop ups it looks great on their website at least i think but not one for the purists

214nsx
13-09-2011, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=Hagasan;87468]Yes, but only briefly so can't really comment. I thought it was a girl called Lorna that owned it? If it's up in Scotland now then maybe she sold it......Unless I have the wrong car...[/QUOTE

the one that Lorna had is the facelift.

Hagasan
13-09-2011, 11:08 AM
No its a guy it is not Lornas this is the first of the icetronix ones with the pop ups it looks great on their website at least i think but not one for the purists

Yes you are correct. Re-read the add and I remember it being a red car before. Lorna's car does have the 02+ style front....Anyway it was late last night so my excuse for getting mixed up!! Another possible reason I mixed up was that I thought it was Lorna's car that had the 3.2 engine and 5 speed gearbox? Looks like it is this one then? The 6 speeder is in another members cars nowadays....

Yep not a purest's car but it's up to the individual what they like/want.....

AR
16-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Guys that is my old car that is for sale. Crashed twice and by all accounts not well repaired. Gary pointed out number plate on retention. :)