PDA

View Full Version : Locating a LHD facelift model

Unregistered
11-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Hello everyone, been looking for a LHD 2002+ NA2 restyling in Berlina Black (preferably with red interior) for quite a few months now but haven't come across a single one yet...
I do have a look around this forum every now and then and with the wealth of information you've all got I wonder if anyone could help me find my 'other half' ;)
I'm aiming for a car similar to that of 'NSX2000' (2005 black with red interior), I know it's pretty much impossible but I thought to give it a try here, it's a small world and you never know...

Cheers

Sudesh
11-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone, been looking for a LHD 2002+ NA2 restyling in Berlina Black (preferably with red interior) for quite a few months now but haven't come across a single one yet...
I do have a look around this forum every now and then and with the wealth of information you've all got I wonder if anyone could help me find my 'other half' ;)
I'm aiming for a car similar to that of 'NSX2000' (2005 black with red interior), I know it's pretty much impossible but I thought to give it a try here, it's a small world and you never know...

Cheers

Hi,

That could be a long wait trying to find one in the UK! As far as I'm aware, there are no LHD Facelifts in that spec here, not even sure if there are LHD facelifts at all in the UK.

Probably best options is the USA and and also europe. There are a few members from europe that may be able to help.

Unregistered
11-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Cheers mate, yeah I gather it's going to be a hard find, even in the continent, but as you say there may be some European owners about and also with the UK being so multicultural with people coming and going all the time for work, etc. there may be a slim chance of finding what I'm looking for. I guess it's one of the most popular NSX sites in Europe so just wanted to ask in case someone sees this in the (hopefully near) future.

Thanks

Unregistered
11-09-2011, 10:41 AM
in any case, big thumbs up to all NSX owners, love the thing to bits, especially the 02-05 models

NZNick
12-09-2011, 03:03 AM
Here : NSXPrime (http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152180) It is a T (as are almost all 02+ US cars).

Good luck !!

WhyOne?
12-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Wow! I thought that was an impossible 'ask' yet the car Nick has found above could be landed in Europe for less than you'd expect to pay for a locally sourced car!

NSXGB
12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
I was going to say the USA would surely be the obvious choice to fulfil your requirements. The only other thing you have to factor in is getting rid of the silly Star Trek badges and the air bag. If you need someone to come out and check it over for you, I cone cheap! :)

Unregistered
12-09-2011, 09:40 AM
cheers... quite a few more options in the US then. Could anyone tell me (very approx) how much it would cost to import to the UK... say it's one of you guys importing the car for yourself and it costs $50k in the US, how much would it end up costing you in the UK? thanks

Unregistered
12-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi again. I guess it is was it is, but wouldn't you say prices have picked up a bit in the past 2-3 years or so? Never had a firm idea of importing one form the US, but I certainly don't recall prices as high as $66k for a 50k-mile car or $76k for a mint 2005 car. Can't comment anything on prices of Euro facelift cars as there just isn't enough of them about...

Only one available at present afaik: http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=de&id=141615495&pageNumber=1&__lp=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=15&damageUnrepaired=ALSO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=ALSO_EXPORT&tabNumber=1

tough call I know, but would anyone know this car? Cheers.

Ghost
12-09-2011, 09:40 PM
To import from the US, add 20% VAT and 10% Import Duty and then whatever it costs to ship and Insure.

Alternatively, register in the US, pay the local sales tax (@7-9% depending on where you register) 'own' it and insure it for at least 6 months before importing and then you can bring to the UK without having to pay either VAT or Import duty... oh, and then you can't sell it for at least a year either.

Unregistered
15-09-2011, 08:54 AM
To import from the US, add 20% VAT and 10% Import Duty and then whatever it costs to ship and Insure.

Thanks for the info.
It's not cost-efficient though, maybe it would be if someone were to import a cheap 91-92 Acura with many miles on the clock (I'm sure there are 'tons' of those, but not at all what I want) but with the cost of the facelift units in the US reaching $60-75k, and having to add at least 30%, it just doesn't work out. I think the facelift model didn't work at all well in terms of sales and hence why there are so scarce (especially EU-model LHDs!).
Better keep looking and be patient I guess.