PDA

View Full Version : Custom Order Plan

sigilobaphomet
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Want to paint my wheels black - but at the same time want to keep the car 'original'.

Didn't think this was going to be possible until I have just read that Honda's custom order plan offered them painted white, grey or BLACK!

[Brian Long Acura NSX Honda's Supercar - pages 202-204]

Now comes the hard bit - paint code?!?! Anyone???:cry:

havoc
10-09-2011, 08:19 PM
In all honesty, go for whatever looks good. Berlina Black will match the roof, Starlight black is a lovely metallic. Can't remember what the CTRs came in, that's not bad either.

I'd probably avoid a matt black as that's a little passe and you sound like you want to keep it as OE as possible. For wheels, I'd be tempted to go for the glossy Berlina Black look...

NSX 2000
10-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Now comes the hard bit - paint code?!?! Anyone???:cry:

Sudesh should know, I'm sure he will be along in a miute with the code ;)

Sudesh
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Hmmm, if your car is the one in your avatar, then I'm not sure how white wheels would look; I'm almost sure I have a photo in my archive that has orange with white so will take a look.

Havent got the paint code to hand as I'm away from my other computer, but I'm almost sure its the NSX-R color which is championship white and can be sourced from most paint shops and even halfords.

Silver Surfer
10-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Errr...Sudesh..............OP wants BLACK ;):).

SS

Sudesh
10-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Oh my bad SS! lol. I have a great excuse though, I dont have a fancy iphone or any of those gadgets, so using a friends phone thats has keyboard and looks like a real small laptop, anyway just seen the words custom order and painted white so jumped the gun lol

Would have to look into the black thing but cant access me NSX stuff at the moment.

To hazard a guess though, I would think its NH547 (BERLINA BLACK)

But heres some stuff I posted in the past and thought it should be a sticky thread and people could also add more info.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6460-Colour-Codes-amp-Names&highlight=colour+codes

Senninha
11-09-2011, 09:56 AM
You want sticky . . . You have sticky. . . .:)

AR
11-09-2011, 10:06 AM
You want sticky . . . You have sticky. . . .:) That sounds a bit wrong. :)

sigilobaphomet
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
To hazard a guess though, I would think its NH547 (BERLINA BLACK)

But heres some stuff I posted in the past and thought it should be a sticky thread and people could also add more info.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?6460-Colour-Codes-amp-Names&highlight=colour+codes[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sudesh - I had a guess at Berlina Black when getting a quote for the work - if you do come across any info that says any different let me know

Nick Graves
12-09-2011, 04:40 PM
This might be a daft question, but is it possible to buy wheel paint?

The usual acrylic seems to fall off much easier that the strange enamelly stuff they use at factories and sebring silver isn't available in powder coat.

I'm not averse to powdercoating (I've melted PC on a track day, so baking wheels doesn't worry me!) but I know some are.

markc
12-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Want to paint my wheels black - but at the same time want to keep the car 'original'.

Didn't think this was going to be possible until I have just read that Honda's custom order plan offered them painted white, grey or BLACK!

Hi Pete,

NIOP looks great over "Washi Grey" wheels which was one of options in the Custom Order Plan. Personally I think you lose all definition and idea of the shape when you paint wheels black. Of course I'm slightly biased :)

I don't think we've ever identified a paint code for Washi Grey but Paul (Senninha) found that "Pewter Gray Metallic", Honda code NH-537M was pretty close.

Cheers

Mark

sigilobaphomet
13-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Mark

I agree - if I had the BBS alloys then I wouldn't be going black - but the standard wheels are pretty basic from a styling point of view. Also with smaller rims, 16/17's, I think the black together with some 'sexy rubber' such as the Yoko AD08's will look spot on.

Cheers

Pete

Hagasan
13-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Is your car roof the body colour or black? If the body colour then black wheels might be ok but if it's black than I think the wheels the same might be too much. Have a look at the IOP on pistonheads for a ref...Personally think you'd be better with a smoke finish than totally black...I think you lose the wheels and it's potentially a bit chavvy with all the Corsa's and the like kids hatches going that way...

sigilobaphomet
13-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Currently body colour - but also going for a black roof as well as it was always my preference - in my opinion the body coloured roof suits the facelift models, just my opinion and getting ready to be shot down with it!

Papalazarou
13-09-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd make an offer on a set of facelift 17's and get them painted in pewter. Infact, you might even be able to persuade the seller to get them done for you.

Cheers,

James.

markc
13-09-2011, 09:21 PM
This one (see pic 4 in the link below) for sale on ebay has black 16/17 "Blades"... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-HONDA-NSX-AUTO-RED-/250885685321?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a69f3c049#ht_500wt_1156

IMHO it shows how the wheel design gets lost in the black paint. Give it a try though, it's not as if you can't change the colour again if you don't like it :)

Cheers

Mark