PDA

View Full Version : Drive your Classic to work - Sept 12th to 16th

Senninha
08-09-2011, 09:38 AM
All,

I popped into the local newsagent and spotted Classic Car Weekly. I would not normally have bought it but the heading looked interesting.

The campaign they are backing is to get Classic's back were they belong and on the road for 5 consecutive days.

So although the NSX is borderline classic status, I still think this is a great idea and one I'm going to pursue. It should also keep the 'Spotted Thread' busy next week!

IMPORTANT: Make sure you have insurance cover. An educated guess would suggest many of us only have SDP cover which will not cover you for commuting to work. Please make sure that if you release your NSX from the garage next week that you've added commuting cover to your poilcy for the week.

I hope you do support this campaign and I'll be looking for you across the country as I've got South West, Midlands x 2 and London meetings in the diary.

Enjoy your various drives everyone

regards, Paul

m666 edd
08-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately I am no longer able to park at work (I work at a hospital with limited parking). My insurance cover does include commuting however! I now ride a Honda Varadero 125 on the odd day I don't cycle which returns about 100mpg.

sorepaws
08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately I am no longer able to park at work (I work at a hospital with limited parking). My insurance cover does include commuting however! I now ride a Honda Varadero 125 on the odd day I don't cycle which returns about 100mpg.

I tried cycling to work, but there isnt enough room between the bedroom and the office :-S

Geraint
08-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Nice idea, but I can only register two cars to park at work and I didn't get a permit for the NSX.

I'll be on my bike, as usual, looking for all those NSXs stuck in teh traffic jams :)

Silver Surfer
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
I drive my NSX to work every other Friday...CCI didn't charge anymore to include commuting to SINGLE place of work.

SS

jpspringall
10-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Mine will get to driven to work at least one day this week - normally weather dependant.

Cheers

James

thelimpingwhippet
10-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I either drive my NSX to work (also a hospital with limited parking) or the wife's C-Max and I can't remember the last time I took the Ford.

Cheers

Bob

WhyOne?
10-09-2011, 04:02 PM
It's a great idea.

I drove my NSX to work every day (52 mile commute) for my 1st 14 months of ownership, and would still be doing it now if it was not for an office move to the City of London. Sadly, driving my car to work now, even for one day, is a complete non-starter.

sigilobaphomet
10-09-2011, 04:30 PM
I seem to be the lucky one - I drive mine to work every day, good or bad weather, I couldn't leave it parked at home and drive a 'normal' car instead :)

havoc
10-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Drove mine to work yesterday, just because I could. Try to once a week over the summer. So next week will definitely get Nessie out a couple of times! :D