PDA

View Full Version : Changing fog lamp bulbs

Martyn27_uk
25-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi - in exchange for my fantastically valuable contribution to the "Headlamp Bulb" thread does anyone out there know ( as in know, having direct personal experience of a successful job, not have a friend called Bubba who's pretty sure his uncle did it with a screwdriver, a mirror and a cold chisel ) how to get at the front fog/driving lamp bulb!!!

Speaking as an experienced gynaecologist there's no way to get there from behind the front spoiler, the screws etc. under the laterally placed plastic covers that hold the foglight assembly are welded tight with age and I don't fancy removing the wheel, undertrays and spoiler only to find that there's a trick to it.

Replies with pictures ( c'mon, who didn't get a 5 megapixel gizmo for Xmas? ) will score extra Brownie points :D

ctrlaltdelboy
26-12-2005, 12:05 PM
although not a complete answer to your query, if you take a look at the pictres in my thread documenting my brake ducting install, there are a few pictures detailing the folg lamp assemblies, including full instructions on their removal if required.

details here (http://nsxcb.co.uk/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=571) (pictures for steps 7 & 8 are the ones to look at)

hope that helps a little

britlude
26-12-2005, 03:17 PM
if we're talking about the lamps under the indidators...

to remove them you don't even need to go under the car....

looking at the light, on the outside edge there is a plastic cover that butts up to the glass, held on by 1 crosspoint screw... Just behind the screw is a hole in the plastic with a 12mm headed bolt behind it. Use a long slim socket to remove this bolt (it's in at an angle of about 45 degrees horizontally), if your socket isn't slim enough, take off the plastic end cover (1 screw) first. The lamp then pivots out , as the inside edge is just a tongue in a slot. It may seem like it doesn't fit through the aperture in the bumper, but it will! The bulb is under the rubber cover on the back of the bulb...

Easy job, I did it when I removed them to boy-racer tint them black, as they are useless as driving lights, hopeless as fog lights, and make the front of the car look too fussy! and just taking them off leaves ugly bracketry!

hope that helps!

Ciaran
27-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Well, I am a very inexperienced gynaecologist, but I'll always have a look anyway... :twisted:
As Britlude says, its a pretty easy job, we put the car up on a lift, only to find it was an easy removal from the side.

However I find the fog/driving lights very useful, as I have them "on" all the time, and you can do this without popping up the mainlights, which I don't find attractive. Driving a Saab for years makes you value the fact that people see the lights on even during the day. With the NSX being so low, and mine being silver, on a sunny day (yes all three of them!!), it has always worried me that some sleepy clown will pull out of a junction while I am barrelling down the road..... not a pleasent thought, so the lights go on and stay on. :idea:

Martyn27_uk
27-02-2006, 10:35 PM
sorry I haven't checked the forum for absolutely ages - thanks to all three of you for your advice...

TheQuietOne
01-03-2006, 02:01 PM
sorry I haven't checked the forum for absolutely ages - thanks to all three of you for your advice...

Just out of interest how does being a 'gyno' and you signature quote fit together...?:shock:

I may be showing my lack of understanding of the word 'organ' here - I got an E in A-Level Biology :wink:

If I not misunderstanding how would one 'transplant' the said organ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Matt

Martyn27_uk
01-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm a GP so my sphere of ignorance extends right across medicine from Anatomy to Zoonoses :-)

TheQuietOne
01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm a GP so my sphere of ignorance extends right across medicine from Anatomy to Zoonoses :-)

Phew....I though we might have Dr. Frankenstein on the board!

Martyn27_uk
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi

I've put a selection of 8 photos ( which can be viewed as a slideshow ) up at http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/album/2647358

britlude
01-03-2006, 09:55 PM
yup, that looks like changing the fog-lamp bulbs!

Martyn27_uk
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
about the light that's supposed to light the footwell.... where's the bulb hidden?