PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket seats?

Tokyo-Joe
07-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi guys,

Has anybody in the club opted for a set of qftermarket seats? If so what did you go for?

I've been looking at the pole positions but concerned they might damage the every day usability of the car.

Thanks for looking :)

NSXGB
07-09-2011, 09:19 AM
A few of us have Pole Position seats installed.

How do you think it would damage the usability?

Plus points are that they give more headroom, updated look, great lateral support and are lighter than OEM.

Negative points would be that they are a pain to get decent runners for, you have to climb into them with a bit of care and not for the larger waistline.

Tokyo-Joe
07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Ah great I'm glad they are a popular choice. How are they for long journeys? Are they a pain or okay?

I figured they would make it a pain getting in and leaving, I've had bride seats in my last three cars and although they look great and are supportive I always found them a bit of a pain to live with.

It's quite refreshing sitting in the comfy oem seats, though mine are showing their age and I'm lusting after these type r interior pictures :)

NSXGB
07-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Have done long journey's in them, never a problem for me, I needed the extra headroom so that on it's own is a great improvement for me. The wife loves them too.

Tokyo-Joe
07-09-2011, 10:06 AM
They sound ideal, do you have a pic of them installed I can see?

NSXGB
07-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Not got any pictures handy at the mo but here's a pic I found of PP's in an NSX that gives you the idea...

Tokyo-Joe
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Gorgeous! Thanks mate :)

Hagasan
07-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Yep as Simon say, a few other have them too including myself & Steve (Ollie). I had factory fitted Recaros in my previous Porsche so I had to find a way of putting them in an NSX! OEM NSX-R Recaros are as dear as your car so PP's are a good route. Longest trips on my seats so far have been to the Nurburgring with no discomfort at all. I don't find then impractical in anyway. If you use your car as a shopping car then jumping in & out all the time would require a little bit more care but they are driving seats for a drivers car.....Well worth the time & money fitting...

Tokyo-Joe
07-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Yep as Simon say, a few other have them too including myself & Steve (Ollie). I had factory fitted Recaros in my previous Porsche so I had to find a way of putting them in an NSX! OEM NSX-R Recaros are as dear as your car so PP's are a good route. Longest trips on my seats so far have been to the Nurburgring with no discomfort at all. I don't find then impractical in anyway. If you use your car as a shopping car then jumping in & out all the time would require a little bit more care but they are driving seats for a drivers car.....Well worth the time & money fitting...

Do you have any installed pics in your car?

AR
08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
If you are borad in the shoulders forget about them.

Hagasan
09-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Do you have any installed pics in your car?

I modified a set of standard NSX seat runners from a trashed pair of seats and then made my own version of a seat slider switch as like everything NSX-R stuff is mortgage money!!

Because of the need to position the Pole Position as low as possible for headroom (the NSX-R seat shell if shaped differently by being flatter on the bottom) I had to position it further back on my home-made side brackets onto the original runners. This is why you can see the motor! I have yet (several years after doing this!!) to make up some covers......

Rob_Fenn
18-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Would recommend a CG Lock for long journeys, as they prevent back pain by forcing your posture. Also do a decent job for track use where harnesses are a step too far.

Senninha
18-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Would recommend a CG Lock for long journeys, as they prevent back pain by forcing your posture. Also do a decent job for track use where harnesses are a step too far.

CG locks are very good, I use in both daily and NSX ....

Tokyo-Joe
25-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Thank you for all your feedback guys, I think I will go for the leather pole positions as they look fantastic.