PDA

View Full Version : NSX won't turn on!

Tokyo-Joe
02-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow i'm getting issues thick and fast with this recently, apologies for all of my posts but hey hopefully somebody can help me out here.

Since I picked up the car maybe 95% it starts fine on the button. Unfortunately the other 5% it doesn't, it has battery and turns over but won't 'catch' and fire into life.

It seemed to me like an immobiliser issue so i've bought a brand new alarm system and the fitting guys are here right now, the car wouldn't start this morning and they have now removed the clifford alarm and still no start..

Any ideas on what the problem could be chaps?

When this has happened before i've just given up and left it a few hours and hey presto it just starts again, but today no joy.

NSXGB
02-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Probably the main relay. Common fault. If you turn the ignition on and you don't hear the fuel pump prime then more than likely the case. Have a little search and you'll find lots of info.
Good luck.

Tokyo-Joe
02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Haha sweet, thanks so much mate.

I googled that and came up with a stack of info on prime; I found it and gave it a whack and it instantly started.

I've paid the alarm fitters 30 quid to resolder the board as a temp but it seems to be okay.

Doh I could have saved a £300 alarm if I'd have used my noodle, stupid..

Thanks again NSXGB, I owe you a beer :)

NSXGB
02-09-2011, 12:20 PM
No problem, glad you got it sorted. Might be worth you having a little read of the common faults thread, could save you more money!

Senninha
02-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Main relay would have been suggestion too . . . Glad it's resolved but I would suggest you replace it an then have the current overhauled and keep as a spare

Rgds Paul

Nick Graves
03-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Yup; it's an ancient Honda so your soldered joints will be dry.

Had they given it the proposed active 4WS, it would by now be throwing 4WS lights for similar reasons.

Squeaky clutch forks, rattly a/c clutches. Own one Honda you've owned 'em all! Which is handy.

Yeah, read the FAQs & learn. There's a lot of really simple stuff that you can do to ensure a smooth life. Much involves silicone & rubber lubricant, lithium grease & choke cleaner!

Tokyo-Joe
03-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Does anybody have a link to how to read error codes? The tcs light stays on since this.

NSXGB
03-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Error codes listed on prime.

AR
04-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Main relay plus igniters have gone bad as well in other cars.

EK4 hatchback
05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I have starting issue for the last few year. I have changed ignitin switch and even the starter, it still having issue starting. So i looked at the service manual and there is a starting relay under the passenger compartment box, this relay got bad due to its age. I also replaced the relay in the alarm. After all this stupid relay, i have no more starting issues. Hope this would help.