PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard/Whistler Videos...

dan the man
21-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Following on from the Windsurf footage thought id post up my 2 edits from winter..

This is the first edit i ever did.. Its not fun when u spend 4 hours and you loose the lot, save as you go i soon remembered. Kind of an all round bit of everything Whistler winter...

http://vimeo.com/25754815

Second edit i had to use the Masterchef remix that was hanging of late, so funny. Park edit mainly..
Didn't upload in HD for some reason but decent enough on small size viewer..

http://vimeo.com/25999902

I only got the GoPro in April 2011, i missed so much powder footage in feb and march :(

Oh well heres to Winter 2012 fast approaching ! :)

Papalazarou
21-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Well done Dan. I love the way you have the camera on the pole for the forest stuff. I imagine at speed there's not much room for error there.
Just out of interest. Where about on the mountain were you? I've only been once and rode the bike park, so not always sure where you were.
I can totally see the attraction of being on the mountain though. A bit like the sea; there's none of the trivial day to day stuff to get hung up on.

Cheers,

James.

TheSebringOne
21-08-2011, 08:34 PM
DTM, stick to the skis pal ! Only kidding, they vids are really good & well edited.

dan the man
21-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Skiis?> what are those? ha ha

As for where - where do is start. The bike park only merely glimpses at the terrain available on Whistler... and then u have Blackcomb too. both mountains are huge, so much terrain, secret spots, trees, chutes blah blah..

The trees on the first one i dropped into at the start are off a cat track on Whistler (highway 86) and u drop down from the peak chair and follow it round then pick a line in.. but the cat track is so long its infinite where u can drop in so always fresh lines as u could see from the video.. and that was april!

The Pole was used for all filming, i just switch the camera round on the mount it clicks in both ways, trees i find pretty easy but i guess its all experience. Without the camera and with game face on i can charge em! super fun...

getting stoked for winter again now..!