PDA

View Full Version : Wanted -2004-2005 nsx !!

AB5150
01-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Hi ,
My name is Andrew & I live in NewZealand.
I'm after a late model (2004-2005) NSX.

Car must be in absolute MINT condition with full comprehensive service history as our importation rules here are pretty strict.
Low mileage ( pref under 20K miles ) is preferrable.
Any exterior/interior colour combo's are to be considered.

I'm a private buyer ( not a dealer) & I'm looking to own long term.
If you have such a car or know the whereabouts of one please drop me a line .

regards
Andrew Bryant ( dedoo-7@hotmail.com)

NZNick
02-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Are you after a manual or an automatic?

I'm sure you know the following, but here it is anyway

The place to look in Japan is carsensor.net (http://www.carsensor.net/usedcar/search.php?STID=CS210610&CARC=HO_S042&YMIN=2004&YMAX=2012). Japan has the most RHD NSX, and therefore the best choice, but also the highest prices even taking into consideration the very strong NZ$.

The UK has less than 20 2004/5 NSX, so the chances of finding one up for sale at the moment are slim.

Good luck with your search - I'll be round to have a look if and when you do land one!!

PM sent

AB5150
02-08-2011, 08:44 AM
cheers Nick, There have been a few come up for sale in the past year or so but missed out as I had other toys to offload.
I'm patient & I'm sure one will surface.
There is this one in Bedfordw for sale right now:
http://www.embankmentcars.com/287435/used-cars.htm however corresponding with the dealer is proving very hard , this car was for sale on piston heads for 35K but was too slow....... If I hear back from the guy I'll fly over & check it out.
I've been looking in Japan but man are they expensive there , the locals love them & obviously they have a cult following hence the pricing. Also the *** spec cars have the ugly dash mounted TV/SatNav set up which in my opinion looks ridiculous. The UK spec cars are what I'm after.
I do know where one of the 2 yellow NZ new 1997 3.2 targa 6speeds are & will be making an enquiry soon too on that car. Could be a good compromise , old school look however the later drive train & grunt of the 3.2 engine.
Where a bouts are you located?

WhyOne?
02-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Andrew and welcome.

I believe the yellow car for sale with Embankment cars is the same one as discussed in this thread:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9227-2005-yellow-Manual-NSX

Good luck with the search.

Ian
:)

AB5150
02-08-2011, 09:41 AM
thanks Ian, looks like it'll be a big ask finding a nice car afterall.

WhyOne?
02-08-2011, 11:02 AM
You are right, it wont be easy, but stay patient, they do come on to the market every now and again. But you will have to react quickly - the good cars don't hang around long - typically sold within a few days.

I am probably biased, but I think it would be a mistake to ignore the NA2 pop-up cars - they come with most of the benefits of the face lift cars, and it widens the field a little for you.

NZNick
02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
WhyOne? makes a very good point. The field is very limited for the latest cars, so broadening the search to all 3.2l cars makes sense to me. I am assuming that you are after a manual rather than just a facelift car?

AB5150
03-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Yup def after a 3.2 & manual ....... I do like the pop up headlamp model ..... they are the original style & with the 3.2 engine mated to the 6 speed ( and a targa option ) would be a great car to own.
I'm following a lead on one of the NZ new Indy Yellow cars that the owner might offload. Full history & apparantly very very tidy.

NSX100
03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Excellent thinking but.........I waited 3 years for mine in the UK - in all that time mine was only the second one to go on sale, the first one was high mileage and in relatively poor condition. They exist - probably about a dozen of them - but very rare and hard to come by. I have not seen one for sale since in the UK. The coupé rather than targa would broaden your search a bit and of course the post 2001 non-pop ups come up reasonably regularly but at a price.

Good hunting!

AB5150
03-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Well there's only 2 targa's in NZ & I've just got off the phone talking with the owner of the 1999 NA2 Targa....... could be a goer & closer to home :-).
If I have no luck then I'll still happily settle for a later facelift hardtop ....... patience will pay off I think.