PDA

View Full Version : Servicing the NSX

vic
17-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey guys, I'll soon be taking my NSX into chiswick honda for a servicing. I am thinking of providing my own parts since garages have the tendency to charge a fortune on parts.

The parts I am thinking of providing are: Fully synthetic engine oil and Platinum Sparks.

Do you guys have any recommendation as to which brand of oil & plugs are especially appropriate for the nsx? Also, do you guys know any good retailers for these products?

What do you guys normally do when it's time for the nsx to be serviced and at approx what cost?

cheers

vic

Kevin
17-04-2004, 03:53 PM
The spark plugs are designed to last 50,000 miles. No real need to change them until then. If you do get the plugs that the manual says to get, they are platinum and expensive!

For oil I use fully synthetic, 5w40. I'd rather not have to use that weight of oil and try to keep to the recommended 10w30, but that doesn't seem to be availble in full synthetic (in this country). You can get Redline 10w30 full synthetic from Demon Tweeks if you want the best, and in the right weight, but expect to pay £70 for it!

My car gets an overall service once a year. Though I change brake pads about 3 times a year, and oil after each track day myself. I have got to know my local motor factors and I get a trade price on oil and stuff. If the car needs anything else like a clutch, or cam belt, or anything else that needs fixing, then it goes in for that when it needs it. I don't wait till service time and get a huge bill. I also look over the car and make everything works before taking it in, as if a bulb has gone, or the washer fluid needs filling, you end up paying for it.

The major services are about £500, minor ones £140. My services are usually always monir ones, and they don't have anything to do on the car, as I've done wear and tear items myself througout the year.

jaytip
21-04-2004, 04:17 PM
i dont know what the viscosity of it is,but when i had my car serviced at Two Mills last june they put Castrol SLX in it at a cost of £45+vat