PDA

View Full Version : HiD kit

Marky
07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Andy at VTEC direct fitted an HiD kit to my car. Looks great but one of the bulbs has blown already and it failed the MoT yesterday. Any idea where I can get a new one quickly?

Marky
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8491-Busy-week-at-the-workshop

Papalazarou
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Not sure where your kit came from, but I've found HIDS4U pretty good.
They also do brighter main beam replacements and multi directional LED side lights.

Cheers,

James.

Kaz-kzukNA1
07-07-2011, 09:35 PM
If the kit was purchased within the last 12 – 24 months, you may be covered by the manufacture’s warranty so best to find out the condition for your system and contact them for the warranty repair although it may take some time.

Most of the aftermarket HID conversion kits don’t need modification to the OEM loom.
Therefore, you are very likely to be able to put the head light system back to the OEM wiring with ease.
You may need to re-adjust the beam alignment but should be good enough to pass the MOT.

Kaz

NSX100
18-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I know this is a topic that has been the subject of a number of threads. So what has happened to Dan at DTA? He was excellent – very helpful and informative - when I was discussing this subject a year ago but I did not pursue it and now he has gone.

What is now the best source for HID lights and LEDs?

Thanks

Nick Graves
18-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I got my Blesk kits from hidorigin.com.

They sell a lot of connectors & stuff if your new bulbs are incompatible with an older kit, etc. They are also helpful.

I've got a couple of 6000K bulbs (horrible blue ones) if anyone wants to match their existing one.

I've bought from HIDS4U before now and they're actually fine. Except their logo is on the ballasts and anything called -4U is normally dodgy & totally embarrassing anyway.