PDA

View Full Version : 95N Manual Targa - Anyone know the car?

Senninha
15-12-2005, 12:50 PM
This car has ping ponging in price over recent months on Autotrader. It was as much as £27k and is now at £19k.

It appeared on ebay last week but obviously didn't sell despite reaching £19,400. Its back on ebay this week (currently no bids) at £18k start price.

Has anyone here seen it or know anything about it please? And what is going on with the dodgy looking gear knob

http://www.mercurysportscars.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=20530&pageid=1

simonprelude
15-12-2005, 01:27 PM
The plate has been for sale on it's own a few times also.

Rob_Fenn
15-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Wonder what those wheels are? Make sure you get a Coupe dude!

Senninha
16-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Rob,

Is there really that much difference between the targa and the coupe?

I've dismissed the auto option but the targa is still attractive.

Rob_Fenn
16-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Well it weighs more and is obviously less stiff, so slower all round...

TheQuietOne
16-12-2005, 11:08 AM
As has been said on here many times before I'd try them both, lets face it if all any of us was bothered about is 0-60 times we wouldn't have an NSX anyway! There is so much more to the car....

Just my £0.02... :wink:

Papalazarou
16-12-2005, 11:59 AM
When I was looking for an NSX I was met by the normal critiques of which variant to buy and which to avoid.
The motoring press say the targa is less desirable, but in my opinion when they wrote that enlightening piece of criticism they were just searching for something to say.
In reality the targa looks identical to the hardtop version with the roof on, doesn't add prohibitive amounts of weight (unlike the M3 convertible) and has negligible flex.
On the plus side, you get the open top experience with none of the problems associated with the traditional cabriolet.
If you want the versatility and it's not just a track toy, the targa is an excellent version.
don't let the purists or the narrow minded put you off, buy what you want.

Cheers,

James.