PDA

View Full Version : NSX Chassis Codes

raventechracing
05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

I'm in Australia and looking at this NSX for sale on Car Sales but it's history is not clear, so I'm trying to find out more information about it;

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?Cr=5&R=10762829&keywords=&trecs=7&__sid=12B5499CBDF0&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294965322 4294964914&silo=1011

The VIN Number and Engine Number are NA11000524 and C30A1005409 respectively. Does anyone know how to figure out what country this vehicle was sold in based on the VIN Number?

britlude
05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
it's remarkably similar to mine, and mine is JDM! (my chassis number ends 5395) i'm sure Kaz will be along shortly to give you the low-down :)

Sudesh
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Hi All,

I'm in Australia and looking at this NSX for sale on Car Sales but it's history is not clear, so I'm trying to find out more information about it;

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...4914&silo=1011

The VIN Number and Engine Number are NA11000524 and C30A1005409 respectively. Does anyone know how to figure out what country this vehicle was sold in based on the VIN Number?

I dont know exact AUS models, However! That to me looks like a JDM Chassis number, The NA1 part is just really the model of the car as I would call it,

I.E NA1 is 3.0 cars, NA2 3.2 cars.

Your link to the car didnt work for me but I found it eventually. What I can tell you is, that car is not a genuine 97 car, its most likely around 91/92, and from the photos it does look like a JDM car too.

raventechracing
05-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys.

I suspected it was a JDM car. What about it makes you say that it's a 91/92 model? Can we tell from the VIN number what year it was really made in?

Hagasan
05-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys.

I suspected it was a JDM car. What about it makes you say that it's a 91/92 model? Can we tell from the VIN number what year it was really made in?

The car only has a drivers airbag. Passenger airbags came along around 93 ish so this points to an earlier car. A true 97 car would be an NA2 with a 3,2 litre engine when in manual guise. Also a 97 would have a 6-speed box, not a 5. The paint looks weird as in colour variations but this may just be the picture quality? The front looks high and the rear low? 19"" wheels!! Not a good thing and they look too wide at the front.....

Looks like a JDM with the rear bumper that's fitted

why can't a RHD car be registered in OZ? What's the deal there? Are you looking for a track only car? Not sure I'd be rushing for this one myself??

Gary

EDIT: Found this thread on NSXPRIME http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150115

Sudesh
06-07-2011, 10:26 AM
The car only has a drivers airbag. Passenger airbags came along around 93 ish so this points to an earlier car. A true 97 car would be an NA2 with a 3,2 litre engine when in manual guise. Also a 97 would have a 6-speed box, not a 5. The paint looks weird as in colour variations but this may just be the picture quality? The front looks high and the rear low? 19"" wheels!! Not a good thing and they look too wide at the front.....

Looks like a JDM with the rear bumper that's fitted

ITS A 91 CAR, KEISER SILVER, MANUAL TYPE 1
why can't a RHD car be registered in OZ? What's the deal there? Are you looking for a track only car? Not sure I'd be rushing for this one myself??

Gary

EDIT: Found this thread on NSXPRIME http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150115

Your right to a point but twin airbags in 93 is for UK/US spec, it was later in Japan before they got twin airbags.

But anyway, I checked the chassis code and the car is a 1991 Model and the color is Keiser Silver.

Agree with Gary on the color looking a bit odd in photos and the way the car sits plus those wheels have a bad offset.

Kaz-kzukNA1
06-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi, raventechracing.

Normally, I don’t recommend posting the VIN and ENG no. on the web for many reasons especially if you are not the owner of the specific NSX.
However, the VIN is already on the carsales.com.au site so what can we say…

The car is JDM.

Each country has different definition for the ‘Year Model’ and ‘VIN format’ so I’ll refer it as ‘NA1-100’ model.

This is the way when we discuss about the type/spec of NSX in Japan.

Presuming that the engine was not swapped, the combination of the VIN and ENG No. shows that this NA1-100 model is from Aug/90 – Jan/93.

In fact, the ad on the above website has been modified and now stated as 91 model instead of the originally mentioned 97.

As a side note;

When you look at the engine bay, checking the presence of the TH cable will tell you the DBW, non-DBW model.

The position of the Engine GND cable is a good place to tell whether the chassis is the original model or the later one because creating GND point requires lots of work.

Full OBD-2 spec NSX has misfire detection unit (MDU) at the right side metal stay below the silver box (with lots of fin, the fuel pump resistor).

Worth reading the post on Prime as linked in Hagasan’s post.... [Edit: Or, if you are from Perth, may be you have already read it??
]

Kaz