PDA

View Full Version : ABS Modulator Unit

jonathanolney
26-06-2011, 07:47 AM
Required so that I can overhaul & fit to my 91 UK car

John

robbarker
19-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Jonathan, I have only just joined the NSX club and see you have been looking for a modulator. I am in a similar position with one of the solenoids not working causing the pump to run and not pressurise the system. Do you have an old modulator or solenoid that you would be prepared to sell? I will give contact details if your response is positive. Thanks Rob

britlude
19-07-2011, 03:34 PM
two initial routes to take....

1. have you 'exercised' the solenoids, to make them move and clear any blockages/debris? if so, how many times!!!
2. are you sure it's the solenoids and not the modulator pressure reservoir?

my pump kept cycling 5 seconds on , 5 seconds off. after going through the system it was the pressure reservoir that had failed.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8167-ABS-acumulator-replacement...&p=75306#post75306

robbarker
19-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi, Thanks for the info' I have had all 4 solenoids on bench and when energised with 12 volts they should make a clicking noise. 3 do and 1 does not so I am fairly sure that with 1 solenoid not operating it allows the pump to try to pressurise the system but will only keep circulating the fluid around the system eventually cutting out and putting the ABS light on! Any other comments would be helpfull.

PeteM
19-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Funny I have exactlly the same problem with my ABS at the moment, pump runs for 30 seconds then cuts out and light appears on dash (I Know this is due to no pressure in the system). Had issues with fluid transfer as well too and from the reservoir (level dropped so topped it up, then it decided to spit the fluid out a couple of days later).

Have not had time to have a look at it yet but thinking it might be crud under a solenoid or the accumulator buggered !

Oh the joy of owning cars !

Cheers Pete.