PDA

View Full Version : the nsx's that are up for sale at the moment.

Cragswinter
14-06-2011, 09:23 AM
feel a bit cheeky, my first post being a new thread immediatly looking for help but i thought i'd join up & use you guys' fountains of knowledge, so a big newbie hello from sunny cumbria!

being a massive senna fan back in the day i was always into these cars but they seem to have passed me by, recently i've had cars such as a 911, m3csl exige etc & i thought it might be nice to sample honda's finest for a couple of years.

i'm a cash buyer so i don't necessarily need a dealer but i would be looking for a good deal if i was buying private. there are a couple of cars that look on the face of things quite nice (i don't want to go any higher than £30k though a lot less would be nice) & i do a fair few track days. that's not to say that i want an out & out track car but maybe a coupe would be better than a targa?

a few mods aren't out of the question (i like to tinker myself) but i'd want it to keep it's essence of nsx'ness if that makes sense?! as always with rare cars you're always hampered by what's out there but to make things more complicated i won't entertain the idea of an import-it must be a well historied uk car, & a manual!

so far these look nice:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2489027.htm
yellow i like but perhaps silver looks best on an nsx?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2908598.htm
this one looks lovely but it's a fair old price & the red interior is "a talking point" to say the least!

anyone know these cars or have an idea about them or any other cars that i should be looking at?

many thanks
craig

PeterW
14-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Craig,
The yellow one has been for sale for quite a long time. I looked at it, but it wasn't the car for me. I was looking for a car which had essentially not been modified, and which had been carefully maintained. This one had too many mods for me - exhaust, steering wheel (means you can't check if the cruise control works), smoke effect finish on the wheels, body trim at the back etc. IIRC the service history looked OK, but it had a nasty (IMO!) after market rubber bendy radio antenna rather than the original electric retracting one one. Since I couldn't see any aesthetic or functional advantage to the rubber bendy one, I assumed that the original had failed, and this one was a cheaper repair. Which left me feeling uncomfortable about whether other maintenance decisions had been made in the same way.... But I'm an NSX novice and might be doing the car a complete injustice. Only way to tell is go and have a look.

Peter

AR
14-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I remember the yellow one:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?3250-At-last-my-NSX&highlight=brake%2Blight

and more interesting:

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?3314-£6000-to-fix-my-NSX

The mods Peter mentioned are not a big deal. The S2K style area not my cup of tea but some like it. The buttons on that wheel could be made to operate the cruise control. Not one for me but is workable.

WhyOne?
15-06-2011, 08:51 AM
I quite like the red interior on the silver car! (But then, I bought an S2000 in approximately this colour combination so I am biased!)

The vendor has omitted to mention this car is a targa.

Nick Graves
15-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi,

When a guy fails to mention that fairly fundamental point, one instantly questions what else he's failed to mention. I sometimes wonder if a lot of cars stick because of a crap advert.

I should say that lousy suspension mods and incorrectly-sized and offset wheels are far more ruinous to an NSX than minor mods; if the bumper-car mast breaks, I'd probably do for a beesting DAB/FM twig too. For the same reason I prefer bubble lights; it adds simplicity & lightness. The pop-ups may be aesthetically appealing, but they add a lot of crap to the front corners.

I don't entirely understand the replacement of one steering wheel for another (its steering was set up for a wheel with a given diameter) it's probably down to acclimatisation. Whilst parts are expensive, restoration to originality (always cooler!) is not impossible.

After-market fart pipes are purely a question of taste and can be changed.

Also, I dislike the Barbie-pink interior too. Honda insists it's cranberry, or something. Only the British (& Italians) ought to be allowed to do red, by international treaty. End of.

However, like the beige, a set of black carpets (and possibly lower door casings) can tone it down dramatically. Again, these are running changes that can easily be reverted for originality's sake.

The alternative is to be (very) patient in waiting for a more suitable specimen to appear.

AR
15-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Guys the Silver car's tittle reads Targa Manual, so there is the clue. :)

Unregistered
15-06-2011, 12:05 PM
The yellow car has been around for a very long time. It was for sale for months privately about 2 years ago and did not sell at £20,000. It returned and again failed to sell with the same price before disappearing - I think someone finally bought it. Now it is back and is again unsold after quite a few weeks. Caveat emptor.

As for the silver one, it too has been on PH before around 18 months ago. It was a trade sale at £25,000 disappearing after a few weeks - perhaps sold. Now back with higher mileage and higher price. Curious.

Cragswinter
15-06-2011, 04:37 PM
well the silver car has sold, rang targa floria cars who have recieved a deposite though they will keep me "on file" in case the deal falls through or if they find out about any other cars-their green one is an auto so that's a no-no.

the yellow one may be worth a look, all things considered? i understand the caveat emptor quote above but it may just be that the last owner got bored quickly & punted it on? the steering wheel is a bit pony so that would have to go-hopefully the orig one will still be with it but you know how likely that will be!

again, i'm used to the 911 forums where pretty much every car with a dodgy story is known about on one of the threads so this search may take a little more time.

the yellow car does look like it had a good owner in the guy that was registered here mind you-not exactly shy of getting work done. i have rang about the car but it went straight to orange answerphone-part time car dealer perhaps? i'll let you all know.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2790362.htm this one is close to the yellow one so it might be worth hitting both in one day, big price mind you but there may be a deal to be done.

re targa's & coupe's does anyone know the numbers? i'm torn between both so i'm just going to look at both, a coupe would be better for track but it's been so long since i had an open top car it might be worth going for as well

thanks so far guys

214nsx
15-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Hi,

As for the red one have a look at this http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?8684-Pre-purchase-inspection/page6

regards
Phillip

matpp
15-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi

I was seriously thinking of buying N11NSX and have some service history info ......if your interested, pm me with your email address and I'll forward it over.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Cragswinter
15-06-2011, 06:42 PM
so,
strictly speaking niether the red car or the yellow one seem to have any bad history?
obviously there's the price issue but then i'm not too worried about that-i love a good haggle!
matpp you have mail

AR
15-06-2011, 08:00 PM
The problem is that the red is 3.2 money any day of the week.

Cragswinter
16-06-2011, 10:28 AM
what a refreshing change to the porsche forums, on there any car that's overpriced immediatly has everyone saying that's now the market value of their car-whether it sells or not?!

just out of interest AR what do you think the ball park figures are re market values?
if we assume all low mileage (under 60k)
well looked after

1 3.0 coupe
2 3.0 targa
3 3.2 coupe
4 3.2 targa
5 facelifted 2002 onwards

i'll say all uk cars but can i presume a slightly lower value for a jdm car (with it's missing history etc)

NSX 2000
16-06-2011, 11:52 AM
what a refreshing change to the porsche forums, on there any car that's overpriced immediatly has everyone saying that's now the market value of their car-whether it sells or not?!

just out of interest AR what do you think the ball park figures are re market values?
if we assume all low mileage (under 60k)
well looked after

1 3.0 coupe
2 3.0 targa
3 3.2 coupe
4 3.2 targa
5 facelifted 2002 onwards

i'll say all uk cars but can i presume a slightly lower value for a jdm car (with it's missing history etc)

It's very hard to answer this question due to age, milage, condition, colour etc, but if we assume good condition with history,(may need some work ie new tyres or new brakes, or scratch) then I would say the following :-

1 3.0 coupe £15K-£28K
2 3.0 targa £15K-£28K
3 3.2 coupe £28K-£35K
4 3.2 targa £28K-£35K
5 facelifted 2002 onwards £35K-£50K

Just my opinion of course, and for the record I would want over £50k for mine! (Not that it's for sale!)

HTH Paul

Papalazarou
16-06-2011, 01:29 PM
That is a very difficult question. Perhaps the best way is to observe what cars are actually making on the rare occasions they come up for sale.
IMO all NSX's appear to have increased in value. Prices of earlier cars have increased by 10-15% and good well advertised, well specced examples have sold very quickly. 3.0 litre Targas seem especially popular.
It seems to me that the cars that sell quickest and for the most are the totally original ones. I saw an early silver manual the other day that sold in a week, whereas the cars with even minor cosmetic tweaks seem to hang around for a while.
The yellow targa that everyone's discussing at the moment is a prime example. I'm not hating those wheels, but I'm guessing a lot of people view them as a look elsewhere beacon.
Late pop-up cars are much harder to value. High 30's for a late low mileage car is nearly 20% more than the same car would have sold for 4-5 years ago. I'm not saying it's not worth it. In many ways it's a considerably better proposition than a Boxster, M3 etc.. that can be had for the same money but will continue to hemorrhage your hard earned money for the next five years.
I guess it's preference and perceived value. I was offered a very low mileage 3.2 targa pop-up a few months ago for more money than I paid for my 54 plate.
Facelift cars seem a little easier to quantify. But not much. I've got one so I'm a little biased. However, they do seem to have made some pretty big gains in the last 12 months. We can put some of this down to media coverage, gains relevant to their higher starting value and people wanting a crossover car; something with the classic DNA but a newer revised look. But ultimately it seems that the facelift car now occupies its own position.
Hopefully people have stopped comparing them to GT3's. They are after all completely different cars.
Anyway back to values. I'd go with what Paul has said. However, there are always anomalies; Chris's Type R, Peter's 91 coupe with 1500 miles (first six cars to be imported), late model pop-up or facelift targas and the optioned last twelve cars, even though it seems there are perhaps a couple even later cars.

Cheers,

James.

Cragswinter
16-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Well the yellow car has apparently been sold. Managed to get in touch with the vendor via their service website only to be told it isn't available although he "may be able to get my hands on another couple of cars".

So that's two of the fifteen cars on PH that are supposedly for sale that have been sold. It really f**ks me off when traders do this.

Anyway, onwards & upwards. I'm guessing that one of the other cars this trader can get hold of is the red low mileage car-seeing as they're not exacty miles apart & since getting off the phone to the yellow cars vendor the red cars phone has been engaged!

& I thought buying 911's was hard work ;)

Cragswinter
16-06-2011, 04:42 PM
just a quick tot up on here, pistonheads, autotrader & carandclassic we have the folowing up for sale:
4 x imports
5 x auto uk cars
4 x manual uk cars
4 x circa 100k miles
1 x type R

which doesn't leave me a lot to play with.
i have spoke to the vendor of the red car, he was very quick in guessing where i was from-perhaps he reads the forums?! it looks like i'll be going to view the car this weekend with a bit of luck so i'll follow up on here. the price is too high obviously but it all depends on how much movement there is? it does have the right mileage, it's in a good colour (though not my first choice) has had a clutch, doesn't need a cambelt for another 3 years & has a tubi exhaust whilst still retaining the stock system.

i din't want to put up a wanted ad (someones already beaten me to it by the looks of things!) but obviously, if any of you owners out there are fancying a change then feel free to get in touch
:)

nobby
16-06-2011, 06:42 PM
hi mate
http://pistonheads.com/sales/2909340.htm
thought of tis one?
would not be too hard to put back to standard, think it looks a decent purchase

PeterW
16-06-2011, 07:32 PM
N11 NSX sold on PH in January this year. The asking price was £23k (90% sure but don't still have the advert to confirm it). I was v interested in it as it ticked all the boxes for what I wanted. IIRC, the advert came up on the Thursday, I contacted the vendor on the Sunday and made an appt to see it the following Sat am - it was opposite end of the country from me and I have a day job! On the Wednesday he emailed me to say it had sold. As mentioned earlier in this thread there were others also interested. I emailed the vendor and asked how much it had sold for, as I would have considered paying a bit over the asking price, but he didn't respond. Since there was a lot of interest and it sold so quickly, the conclusion might be that this car at that time was possibly underpriced. Looks like it was bought by a dealer, which is a bit irritating, but that's the free market economy at work I guess!

Cragswinter
16-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Well the trader claims to have had 20+ nsx's & says this is one of the best he's had. Peter was the chap selling it in January called chris? I'm just trying to corralate some other info I have on the car & a possible previous seller.

The current owner is using the car & has put a clutch in recently, so it sounds like a part time trader or a trader who's an nsx enthusiast, if he's had 20+ nsx's you'd think he would be know to the forum?

As for the black car nobby I'm not interested in import cars (unless a type r was within budget. Which it won't be :( )

Nick Graves
17-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, either that or he's a spectacularly incompetent driver! A silver one I looked at belonged to a Carcoat Damphands & IIRC in the end, I think HE got seller's remorse and counld't do it! Bit annoying for the Irish lad he dragged across the water with a deposit...

Do bear in mind that all asset prices are a bit inflated at the moment (everyone expects Sterling to tank with hyperinflation). But if you intend to keep the car, paying a tad over the odds in no big deal. Especially bearing in mind how much belts & clutches cost to change. I think I'd hedge in aluminium instead of currency at the moment too.

F uck it; you only live once!

kingsley
17-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Craig,

I think you will find the yellow NSX has been sold a few days ago. Looked okay not sure about the aftermarket steering wheel. The silver one has gone. Went to look at this, nice car, not very happy with Targa Florio.....stories on car not make sense....

Kingsley

Cragswinter
17-06-2011, 04:21 PM
yeah steering wheel looked pony but if it was still with the car......looked nice in the pics on here as well.

the silver car is now listed as sold (not sure if the yellow one is yet)

should be viewing n11nsx tomorrow just need to ring the vendor this evening so we'll see how it goes.

there's a 911 i need to view tomorrow as well so it looks like i'll be racking up the miles this weekend :)

kingsley
17-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Mathieu,
I have been twice to look at this car N11 NSX. Nice car top money. Will not go less than £27,500. Lots of stone chips on front which have been touched up, nose looks as if it has been sprayed, 25mm chip above rear wheel arch near side, exhaust blowing, MOT runs out soon.

Kingsley

havoc
17-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Unless you plan to keep the car for a long time and do serious mileages, don't dismiss a high-miler - with a few simple refreshes from Kaz (half age-related rather than mileage), mine (98k) still feels very fit-and-tight. Dampers probably ARE tired by now, but they really don't feel it - better ride (primary and secondary) than the wife's Golf GTi...

...and beyond that, there's not a lot to worry about until ~200k if the car is carefully maintained...at least, nothing that won't need looking at on a 50k car in the same ownership timeframe.

Cragswinter
18-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Well it is a lovely car, took it out today & what a joy to drive compared to a 911.

Issues are mainly the tyres need replacing (more personal preference than due to wear-they look pretty old), it hasn't been serviced in 3 years & the targa roof has a squeek that is bordering on the rediculous, the vendor suggests silicone or talc would rectify it but why woudnt you sort that out before a viewing? It's coming from the front right hand side corner so perhaps a new seal is needed? Any targa owners cone across this?

I definatly would prefer a coupe for the rigidity, but there's something of the 2 in 1 about a targa that would be nice.

Nick Graves
19-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Yup; huge quantities of Holts silicone & rubber lubricant work wonders on old Hondas of any description. Especially convertibles/frameless windowed.

There are some here who believe the -T's deficiencies over the coupe may be ameliorated with chassis braces/Coupe-spec springs & dampers, so it's a possibility.

But yes - they are a fantastic drive.

NSX100
20-06-2011, 10:43 AM
As I said before, this supposed difference in rigidity between a targa and a coupe is a complete myth but if you want to believe it fine. What is an important difference is exactly what you seem to have found - the sealant around the roof frame can perish after a while if not cared for and result in not only wind noise but even leaks.

Cragswinter
20-06-2011, 11:02 AM
i'm not sure about that at all nsx100, this car did suffer from scuttle shake. i've never been in a convertable car that didn't to be honest. obviously had the squeeking not been there i doubt it would have been as noticeable but it was there, the usual test of the rear view mirror vibrating over rough graound gives the game away.

however, that's absolutly not to say the targa isn't a fantastic car, with a brillient compramise between coupe & open top but to say the loss of rigidity is a myth is misleading. it was there in this low mileage example plain & simple.

i am aware that there may be other contributing factors however, there's also the possibility of suspension components being past their best, tyres that are old etc etc. any chink in the armour of an open top car will show itself in this way, whether its in primary or secondary ride if one piece of the system isn't doing it's job to an acceptable tollerance the shell is bound to suffer extra stress. & in a targa there will be only one result:

wobble

:)

matpp
20-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I have a targa, I can't compare it to a coupe but it certainly does suffer from some scuttle shake. (Hoping to make it to the Silverstone classic when someone may offer me a go in their coupe?)
I bought a tube of Dow Corning 111 silicone grease, treated all the seals and stuffed loads into the locking points on the car and the roof.......job's a goodun.....no more rattles, squeaks or water ingress when washing with a hose.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Cragswinter
20-06-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2936409.htm

just out of interest this is sold as well

Nick Graves
20-06-2011, 04:12 PM
The -T's handling does feel different, even on the FLs, where they rationalised the suspension setup between both variants.

The torsional rigidity (cannot remember the actual figures OTTOMH) is way down on that of an S2000, which IIRC, is very close to that of a coupe.

So that's why.

Paul G
20-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi Craig,

Last owner of Red NSX was Chris... worked with my brother. At the end of the day the dealer makes his owned mind up if he wants to sell a car and give you some discount, but all I can say is that he has enough margin to do you a deal!! When the car was owned by Chris, apart from driving it home he used it once, and the other trip was to get it MOT'd! I was going to have the origianl exhaust but Chris, being a nice guy gave it the the new owner (who was going to keep the car!!!) I guess at the price it's marked up at he may well do :-). No mention of being a dealer, but at the end of the day Chris got his asking price so can't blame him for taking the money... My own personal opinon, would have been good for one of our members to have got it first hand!

Hope this helps, if you need any more info / background let me know and I'll speak to my brother.
Good luck, I hope it all works out
Cheers
PG

markc
20-06-2011, 07:53 PM
S2000's suffer a little scuttle shake as well, they're good by open top standards but it's still there. We had one for 4 years.

As Craig pointed out a slight "shimmy" in the rear view mirror gives it away.

Cheers

Mark

matpp
20-06-2011, 08:09 PM
My own personal opinon, would have been good for one of our members to have got it first hand!
PG

Couldn't agree more.....a bit late now though!

Cheers,

Mathieu

Cragswinter
20-06-2011, 10:30 PM
the car's not for me i think, the vendor is a sound bloke & i have no problem with anyone making a fair profit but being a cash buyer i'm after more of a deal, if you need the services of a dealer then no problem with regards to paying their premium, they need to take your part ex etc but i'd probably be better off finding a private seller (or someone not trying to turn a profit!)

with a fresh pair of tyres the car would be a good 'un, if you want a targa it's got to be worth considering.

Nick Graves
21-06-2011, 09:31 AM
S2000's suffer a little scuttle shake as well, they're good by open top standards but it's still there. We had one for 4 years.

As Craig pointed out a slight "shimmy" in the rear view mirror gives it away.

Cheers

Mark

Mine has chassis braces front & rear and I run 17" Mugen GPs with BS RE050s, which admittedly aren't quite as concrete as the S-02s. It's practically eliminated the odd S2000 shimmy. It makes me wonder if braces might help the soggier NSX-T even more markedly.

The V-brace in the engine bay doesn't look very rigid to me, for example...

NSX100
21-06-2011, 10:12 AM
OK, I'll be more specific. I have never noticed scuttle shake in my car including driving on B roads in the Scottish highlands. I used to own a drop head E Type so I know what scuttle shake is like! Maybe it depends on how a car is set up and general wear on the suspension etc. on older, higher mileage cars. It really comes down to which is the best value car available and whether you want the versatility of a targa.

Rob_Fenn
22-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned the NSX-R for sale at the moment!
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2923506.htm

If i remember correctly, the price is more than what it sold for last...? Certainly a good time to be selling such a rare NSX.

Cragswinter
22-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned the NSX-R for sale at the moment!
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2923506.htm

If i remember correctly, the price is more than what it sold for last...? Certainly a good time to be selling such a rare NSX.

well i did mention in my orig post that an R was out of budget, though i was basing that on the fact that the only R up for sale was out of my budget. it's a lovely car i'm sure, but not worth the £20k premium over a regular low mileage nsx for this buyer!

but then how do you price a car when there are potentially only a couple in the country? i guess you just need to find someone who really, really wants one! these things bring silly money back in japan don't they? unfortunatly i'd be surprised if that wasn't where it sold to eventually seeing as there will be more of a market for it there.

it's the same sad state in the 911rs sphere, walking around specialist cars a few months ago they showed me 3 cars that were waiting to be shipped over to japan. nothing wrong in that but it seems such a shame that these fantastic cars are leaving our shores never to be seen again.

Senninha
22-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Well it is a lovely car, took it out today & what a joy to drive compared to a 911.

................ the targa roof has a squeek that is bordering on the rediculous, the vendor suggests silicone or talc would rectify it but why woudnt you sort that out before a viewing? It's coming from the front right hand side corner so perhaps a new seal is needed? Any targa owners cone across this?..............

Mine had a minor squeek, I think mainly due to it havein been SORN for 6 months and stored undercover but outside so the rubber seals had gone hard. I now apply the honda grease to all the rubbers including doors, bonnett asnd boot and she's a squie as a sleeping baby .... until Vtec kicks in :D

Targa is by far the better everyday drive for uk road conditions IMHO

regards, Paul

jpspringall
23-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi Paul,

What's the 'Honda Grease' that you use on yours? Mine produces one hell of a howl at certain speeds.

Out of interest, what car cover have you got for yours as mine might have to spend the winter outside.

Cheers

James

demarco
23-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Like another recent blogger although ive been a member since 2008, not used this site until recently as now have the cash to buy my dream NSX. Know a little bit from reading all you guys on here,....... invalueable! I understand from you all that manual non targa cars are the most sought after??? I cant really afford the one i want!!!!!! Can anyone give me a heads up on the TARGA FLorio car reg no P778KJC, i know its not the model to have but can anybody help me out ????

Cragswinter
23-06-2011, 06:21 PM
if you don't mind the auto box then it looks like a cracking buy, they may be looking for a deal if you're not giving them a part ex ;)

me personally, i think the targa's although not for me make a great 2-in-1 for the nsx & i can see why so many people love them. i actually quite like this colour combo, my pal just bought a fezza 360 in a very similar combo & it looks great in an understated sort of way.

i'd suggest you test drive the auto to see what you think. i personally wouldn't want one unless it was a daily driver but only you can decide what you like

(+ you have the added bonus of them being cheaper:) )

Senninha
23-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Without a trip to the garage IIRC correctly its called '****su' or very similar. It really is very good gear that rejuvenates tired dried out rubber seals.

If yours is as bad as you suggest then you may be better having the windows checked for alignment. Its a time consuming job which if done by the dealer will cost youa a few hours of labour. I only get wind noise at autobahn speeds so no longer an issue in the UK ;)

Hi Paul,

What's the 'Honda Grease' that you use on yours? Mine produces one hell of a howl at certain speeds.

Out of interest, what car cover have you got for yours as mine might have to spend the winter outside.

Cheers

James

Nick Graves
23-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Perfect example of why I detest censorship - I think you meant Shin-etsu! And not a Chinese dog or a hocus-pocus massage...

Senninha
24-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanx Nick,

I hadn't noticed the site censorship, so thanx for providing the details

regards, Paul

matpp
24-06-2011, 07:52 AM
I believe this grease is no longer available from Honda dealerships but try this LINK (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380280427509&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT) for availability from the States.

Otherwise you can use Dow Corning 111......as mentioned on Prime.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Kaz-kzukNA1
24-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Bit off topic from the OP, but if you are looking for silicone grease for external usage such as massaging the weatherstrip, protecting the connector and battery terminal, etc, you only need the cheap one.

I have been using this one for many years on my NSX as well as for other owners.

As I order electronics components regularly from Farnell UK and RS, I just order this at the same time.

About GBP4 from Farnell UK with free delivery but minimum order of GBP20 required for credit card payment.

http://uk.farnell.com/dow-corning/2793695/compound-silicone-dc4-100g/dp/537019

For NSX-T, addition to applying this to the weatherstrip, please remember to apply generous amount of this silicone compound at the small black metal like roof guide rail.

It’s located at the front edge of the both side where the roof sits on.
This is one of the main area where the noise is coming from.

Also, when you remove the roof, please be careful not to grab on the weatherstrip.

On almost all of the NSX-T that I checked, I noticed that part of the weatherstrip was no longer installed as it should be.

This silicone compound is also very useful for protecting your connector terminals.

Whenever I remove the door card on any NSX, I always fill this compound into the non-water proof connector (WPC) inside the door.

Honda didn’t use WPC for the door lock/unlock switch, power window and other switch connectors inside the door and thus, sooner or later, the terminals will corrode and fail.

Just push in this compound and it will save your time for many years.

Kaz

markc
24-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Mine has chassis braces front & rear and I run 17" Mugen GPs with BS RE050s, which admittedly aren't quite as concrete as the S-02s. It's practically eliminated the odd S2000 shimmy. It makes me wonder if braces might help the soggier NSX-T even more markedly.

The V-brace in the engine bay doesn't look very rigid to me, for example...

Sorry Targa boys, the only brace that will properly "fix" it is a roof brace a.k.a a roof :bigsmile:

Of course if you want infinite headroom and the sun on your scalp there is no substitute... as they say "you pays your money and takes you choice" :think:

Cheers

Mark

Justin
27-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for anyone looking, P27 is now on the market (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9182-P27-(1997-NA2-6spd-Manual)-For-Sale) :(