PDA

View Full Version : NSX on 'ring but 3rd party insurance only?

havoc
10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Have just found out I'm insured 3P only on the Nordschleife if I choose to drive on there. Took the 'teg on there 3 years ago (fully comp), and after the first-lap "Oh my god, what the ************ is going on???" I enjoyed myself thoroughly, in a B-road not trackday kind of way.

So considering doing the same with the NSX on the way back from Italy...just for 1 lap...but she's an expensive girl to fix, and it's not a forgiving place.

Current thoughts are get the letter proving cover anyway, and then see what the weather and the car park look like on the day.

Thoughts, comments?

AR
10-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Thread carefully, but what are the odds of the same car kissing Ring armco twice?

NoelWatson
11-06-2011, 03:57 AM
Have just found out I'm insured 3P only on the Nordschleife if I choose to drive on there. Took the 'teg on there 3 years ago (fully comp), and after the first-lap "Oh my god, what the ************ is going on???" I enjoyed myself thoroughly, in a B-road not trackday kind of way.

So considering doing the same with the NSX on the way back from Italy...just for 1 lap...but she's an expensive girl to fix, and it's not a forgiving place.

Current thoughts are get the letter proving cover anyway, and then see what the weather and the car park look like on the day.

Thoughts, comments?

Personally, I would only take a car on tourist days that, if the worst happened, the world wouldn't end - hence why I got a track car. That said, if you time it right (such as towards the end of the day), the circuit can be almost empty. A couple of us went round at the end of the day last year - it had started to rain at certain parts, and were the only ones on the circuit.

havoc
11-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks guys.

Ary - without wanting to prejudge Dan, and acknowledging that a fair number of 'ring accidents are down to other people (oil, fluids, avoiding action), I'd hope that attitude plays a part in safety there...which is why I mentioned above 'treating it like a B-road'...

AR
11-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I honestly think you will be fine. I think the red mist can cause accidents.

As you said, if treated like a B-road you'll have to be really in the wrong place at the wrong time for anything bad to happen.

Whatever you do good luck and enjoy it, don't let any fools egg you on and be safe.