PDA

View Full Version : 1996 NSX Targa F-Matic Auto For sale

L23 NSX
18-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Guys,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell my car.

The loss of a big client, 3 young children and 3 cars in the driveway means my NSX has to go. I've put an advert on pistonheads and well see how it goes.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2835372.htm

I'm even going to include my L33 NSX registration as the thought of looking at that reg on retention would just piss me off.

If there is a Lee out there that wants the reg seperately then let me know.

I had a lot of help from guys on this site in buying the car so thanks again for that.
NSX ownership has been magic although I've only managed around 4000 miles a year. Its my 40th birthday next week so I'm taking the day off and just going for a nice drive.

If I can find another major client in the next few months then I may be able to avoid a sale, otherwise I hope the car finds a good new home..

AR
18-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Lee sorry to see you leave the fold before we had that beer. Good luck with the sale.

nakamichi
18-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Good luck with the sale.
I hope you don't get as many chancers and dreamers phoning you up and making daft offers as I had.I withdrew my ad as it just got boring in the end.Thats a fair price for a nice car but I guarantee you will get people offering 13k.
Or,you will get people coming to look at the car and pointing out every minor issue in an attempt to get the price down.
I am glad I ain't a car dealer,it would do my head in.

TheSebringOne
20-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Sorry to hear you are selling up a nice rare coloured NSX.

Lets hope you find a big client soon otherwise its well priced for a quick sale.

L23 NSX
22-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I hope I get some new business in soon too and not just so I can keep the car!!

As suggested I've already had a few jokers calling with the obligatory.."will you take £15k?", I said to one guy that I thought the car was priced sensibly and he just hung up on me...nice!!

Weather is improving in Scotland now so hopefully no quick sale and I can enjoy the sun!!!

Tokyo-Joe
23-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm interested in this but not so clued up on the auto box. What's it like to drive?

L23 NSX
25-05-2011, 01:48 PM
I think a lot of guys prefer the manual as it offers a bit more of a driving experience than an auto which is the same in any car. The auto gearbox is brilliant for all of your day to day driving and my car also has the F Matic system which is basically a paddle shift where you can change gear yourself and it will stay in the gear you select until you change it. I've driven a manual and an auto and I wanted an auto and have been very happy with it and to be honest I have only rarely used the F Matic. The gearbox changes smoothly and around town it as useable as any honda automatic . I'd say if you want a car to take on a track etc then go for the manual but for everyday useability and cruising the auto is great. At the end of the day its whatever suits the driver. Based on prices the manual seems to have a price premium over the auto which is the opposite of the brand new price which was higher for the auto which was an optional extra.